Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
camaroz06

Drives: 2002 V6 Camaro
Well....the wife squashed us buying a ZL1...ended up with a family hauler.

Hi All,

Well, I tried. Its a sad day, I can no longer look forward to ordering an ashen gray ZL1. I was all psyched to get a ZL1 for the past few months and thought I was good to go when we saw a ZL1 a the New England Auto Show and she said....this is nice. But my wife dropped it on me and said no more two door cars...she hates getting in and out of the back of the 2002 Camaro when she has to be back there and wants to be able to be able to load a car up.

So we compromised.............on a CTS-V wagon! Order # received and hopefully filled soon. So I'll always be with the ZL1s in spirit. Cant wait to get this badboy. Phantom gray, sunroof, wood interior, and graphite wheels...she didnt like the Recaros and I went with an auto but I'm surely not going to complain.

Just as an aside, does anyone know what the ZL1 has upgraded to get the extra 30hp?
camaroz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #2
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Drives: 2013 VIN 48 Victory Red ZL1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
Hi All,

Well, I tried. Its a sad day, I can no longer look forward to ordering an ashen gray ZL1. I was all psyched to get a ZL1 for the past few months and thought I was good to go when we saw a ZL1 a the New England Auto Show and she said....this is nice. But my wife dropped it on me and said no more two door cars...she hates getting in and out of the back of the 2002 Camaro when she has to be back there and wants to be able to be able to load a car up.

So we compromised.............on a CTS-V wagon! Order # received and hopefully filled soon. So I'll always be with the ZL1s in spirit. Cant wait to get this badboy. Phantom gray, sunroof, wood interior, and graphite wheels...she didnt like the Recaros and I went with an auto but I'm surely not going to complain.

Just as an aside, does anyone know what the ZL1 has upgraded to get the extra 30hp?
It was the air intake that they got the extra HP from....Then, you can add a Roto Fab and get another 25! Bet you could do it on your Family Truckster too! Sorry...

I suppose a younger family and wife and kids etc. could dictate to me what to buy, I waited till the kids were gone, and the wife has no say..she buys her prius, I buy my ZL1!
BAD ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Good choice. When I saw the title I was scared that you got suckered into a minivan.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:04 PM   #4
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Nice! I like the CTS-V Wagon. Any pics?

Next year it'll be an even bigger monster!
"The next-generation Cadillac CTS-V will utilize the supercharged 6.2 liter LT4 V8 which debuted in the 2015 Corvette Z06."

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/03/...#ixzz2viJtYcMG
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
camaroz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD ZL1 View Post
It was the air intake that they got the extra HP from....Then, you can add a Roto Fab and get another 25! Bet you could do it on your Family Truckster too! Sorry...

I suppose a younger family and wife and kids etc. could dictate to me what to buy, I waited till the kids were gone, and the wife has no say..she buys her prius, I buy my ZL1!
She makes the majority of the cheese, shes like a sugar mamma. I'm totally happy with the choice. I actually thought about trying to get a Vacation related truckster vanity plate but "TRKSTR" is taken and now that I look at it again it looks like it says track star.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Great choice! I was thinking maybe you got a Grand Cherokee SRT8!
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #7
camaroz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post

"The next-generation Cadillac CTS-V will utilize the supercharged 6.2 liter LT4 V8 which debuted in the 2015 Corvette Z06."

No pics yet, just got the order # today so it'll probably be awhile. Already have my list of nitpicks in like dont drill the bumper for the plate and dont wash it or take the plastic off, I'll take care of that and get a tow hook plate for the front.

I thought about waiting around for the new V but rumors are its sedan only and I really dig the wagon.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:11 PM   #8
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post

Uggghhhh! Now it will be faster than our cars. I hate how quickly a car becomes yesterday's news.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #9
camaroz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyBlue View Post
Uggghhhh! Now it will be faster than our cars. I hate how quickly a car becomes yesterday's news.
Yeah but dont forget, how many daily driver cars have 550+hp? Even years from know the majority of people wont. Plus, pulley swap. That'll get poowwwerrrrrr!!!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #10
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Drives: 2013 VIN 48 Victory Red ZL1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroz06 View Post
She makes the majority of the cheese, shes like a sugar mama. I'm totally happy with the choice. I actually thought about trying to get a Vacation related truckster vanity plate but "TRKSTR" is taken and now that I look at it again it looks like it says track star.
Right on man, you have a great sense of humor, and I applaud any man that has a woman like a sugar mama!!! chalk one up for the guys! Good choice with your CTSV Wagon...
BAD ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:06 AM   #11
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...nice compromise! Well done....
Old 03-12-2014, 07:24 AM   #12
toyosuprablue
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black M6
The ZL1 also has a more free flowing exhaust to the OP's question of where does the slight bump in HP come from
toyosuprablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #13
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyBlue View Post
Good choice. When I saw the title I was scared that you got suckered into a minivan.
Me too. I was going to suggest a new wife, congrads on the really nice new car.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:48 AM   #14
Paladinjc
AC Pickles!

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
My buddy has the Catty Wagon, he loves it. The thing is fast as balls.
Paladinjc is offline   Reply With Quote