Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 08-29-2016, 08:47 AM   #29
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2Final View Post
So tempting... What's the going rate for the process?

Also, are there any more pictures of these? There aren't very many around here.
Not the best pics but there are more to come....

Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:33 AM   #30
MikeR

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible European Vers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo@Phastek View Post
Yes, they do clear the wheels after the are done with the brushing process.
I asked MRR-Wheels if they can make the "gloss brushed bronze" but I didn´t get an answer... even no answer on the report I need to get the wheels on my car in germany. They wanted to send it but I got none....
I hopefully can get it when I´m there in October.
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #31
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_from_Germany View Post
I asked MRR-Wheels if they can make the "gloss brushed bronze" but I didn´t get an answer... even no answer on the report I need to get the wheels on my car in germany. They wanted to send it but I got none....
Wonder if they're TUV certified... Germany takes it's wheels pretty seriously.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:15 PM   #32
MRRWheelsInc

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_from_Germany View Post
Maybe I missed the email Im sorry but yes we can definitely give you the test reports that are needed for your insurance to get the car certified, we can easily email this to Phastek, I hope you can understand that this type of paper work is not just given that easy as it has information that is crucial to our company, all of our wheels are manufactured and pass all testing, our manufacturing facility is also TUV approved so you wont have any problems on that.
MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:51 PM   #33
MikeR

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible European Vers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRRWheelsInc View Post
Maybe I missed the email Im sorry but yes we can definitely give you the test reports that are needed for your insurance to get the car certified, we can easily email this to Phastek, I hope you can understand that this type of paper work is not just given that easy as it has information that is crucial to our company, all of our wheels are manufactured and pass all testing, our manufacturing facility is also TUV approved so you wont have any problems on that.
Thanks, I had contact to Carlos. I know that this is serious information but otherwise there´s no chance to get them on my car cause German TÜV is not allowing them. I can assure you that this report will never touch any other hand than mine or the Hands of German TÜV. I think it´s a big plus if the manifacturer already is a certified company.
I also contacted Phastek Performance and they told me to get in contact with you. I hope you understand that it makes no sense for me to purchase a set of wheels if I´m not allowed to use them here in Germany. Including wheels, fees and taxes + shipping to Germany we´re talking about 2200 $ ( tires not included !!! ).

Is the bronze color possible ? If yes, how much is a set of wheels ?

I would be greatto talk to you in person when I´m in Los Angeles between October 13.- to 16.
It would be great to get the report then and take it back to German TÜV.

Last edited by MikeR; 08-30-2016 at 01:39 AM.
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:18 AM   #34
Razor2SS

Drives: 2017 1SS
Quote:
It took a while to get these wheels and tire mounted to our car. We were trying to decide on which tires to go with, we wanted to find a tire that had good grip (for the trips to Mexico ) and all around decent tread life. The final decision were Mickey Thompson Street Comp tires.

Tire Size:
275/35 front
305/35 rear

The car is lowered with 1.5" drop springs and the wheel/tire combo fits in nicely!! We have not run into any rubbing issues and everything looks to clear with plenty of room. The splitter will be painted along with the side skirts that we are installing. Once it is all together I will post some pics!! This combo is turning out to be a great look!!

I would love to see these wheels on a hyper blue car, I'm curious to see if the bright finish will compliment it better than the gloss black.
Razor2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:53 AM   #35
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Are there any rubbing issues on the rear with the 305/35 setup? especially with the 1.5" lowering kit. Are the wheels stock offset?
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:49 AM   #36
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma81 View Post
Are there any rubbing issues on the rear with the 305/35 setup? especially with the 1.5" lowering kit. Are the wheels stock offset?
Not that we have come across. No rubbing or hitting over bumps with the 305/35 combo. Wheels are not stock offset.
Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:39 AM   #37
WallsAndFoundations
IG: Infinite.Drive

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS in Summit White
Quote:
It took a while to get these wheels and tire mounted to our car. We were trying to decide on which tires to go with, we wanted to find a tire that had good grip (for the trips to Mexico ) and all around decent tread life. The final decision were Mickey Thompson Street Comp tires.

Tire Size:
275/35 front
305/35 rear

The car is lowered with 1.5" drop springs and the wheel/tire combo fits in nicely!! We have not run into any rubbing issues and everything looks to clear with plenty of room. The splitter will be painted along with the side skirts that we are installing. Once it is all together I will post some pics!! This combo is turning out to be a great look!!

Reeeeeeeaaaaaally interested in these.. are the 19s available for 6th gen yet? And are they available in gloss black? Really want some. Wheel weights too?
WallsAndFoundations is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acs, mrr, phastek, wheels, z28