Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-05-2015, 10:01 PM   #1
patimusxprime

Drives: Black 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
[Q] Long Distance Drive Protection!

So I may have a 1200 mi drive ahead of me (moving from NY to FL) and instead of renting a moving truck and trailering the car, i may drive down with all my stuff with my car and pickup. The pickup is fine but i don't want all the dings and bug guts from the 20hr+ drive.

I am interested in protecting as much as i can! My friend suggested painters tape and just cover the front with layers. I'd much rather buy something that would provide something better.

Has anyone ever done what i'm about to do? Any advice?

Performance Mods:
Roto-Fab CAI || Stainless Works CA11CB Catback 3" Exhaust || Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers || Elite Engineering Catch Can || GM OEM Strut Tower Brace || SCT Tune from Steve @ RDP

Aesthetic Mods:
Exterior: "SS" Badge on each side || Black Front Bowtie || Z28 Replica Spoiler || Tinted Tail & Headlights || Painted Matte Black Wheels ||
Interior:Black Painted Top Dash Bar || Black Painted Shifter Bezel || Black Painted Shifter Base || Custom Cock-Back Shifter with Shift Buttons || Black Painted Door Insert Panels || Black "SS" Door Kick Panels
patimusxprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:04 PM   #2
patimusxprime

I see this bra:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383721

But will that really do the job?

Performance Mods:
Roto-Fab CAI || Stainless Works CA11CB Catback 3" Exhaust || Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers || Elite Engineering Catch Can || GM OEM Strut Tower Brace || SCT Tune from Steve @ RDP

Aesthetic Mods:
Exterior: "SS" Badge on each side || Black Front Bowtie || Z28 Replica Spoiler || Tinted Tail & Headlights || Painted Matte Black Wheels ||
Interior:Black Painted Top Dash Bar || Black Painted Shifter Bezel || Black Painted Shifter Base || Custom Cock-Back Shifter with Shift Buttons || Black Painted Door Insert Panels || Black "SS" Door Kick Panels
Old 11-06-2015, 01:18 PM   #3
Jake1212

Drives: Black 2014 2SS 1LE
I just drove from south Florida to charleston and back and the stretch cover worked great for me. Only part that gets hit with bugs some was right above the lights but that's easy enough to get off with some QD spray. And it installs easy took about 10-15 minutes to put it on because of having to install the snaps for it. Now it's off and on in 2 minutes.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2015, 02:24 PM   #4
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
The fore mentioned Bra is the best thing unless you put it on a uhaul trailer and tow it with your truck.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #5
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I have the same Novistretch bra as pictured above and it works perfect. Once you take the initial 10-15 minutes to install the hardware, the bra itself takes less than a minute to take off and put on.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:47 PM   #6
patimusxprime

Terrific, and i REALLY appreciate the picture! I am still trying to figure out which approach works best for me but if i decide to drive down i think i'm going with the bra + painters tape combo. Thanks guys!

Performance Mods:

Aesthetic Mods:
Old 11-18-2015, 09:06 PM   #7
Blakk11SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I highly recommend the Colgan Custom bra for the Camaro. I use mine for the long road trips, it really works great and fit is excellent. I went with the no front plate style, my front plate is lower on the grille and fits in the lower vent opening of the bra.
check it out at http://www.colgancustom.com/
Attached Images

Blakk11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #8
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Have the same one. (Colgan) Fits perfect. Only defect is the lack of a tie-back right above the bowtie. I sewed one on. Also have heard horror stories of rub marks and paint damage along edges of these things, so I put painters tape quickly along places where it looks like rubbing or flapping could happen.
At C5fest, a couple of people with those thin, bikini looking bras said they had
lots of damage, but it rained that whole day going there.

Nice piece of mind on a long highway trip.

Just get it off as soon as you get there.

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote