Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #85
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...not true, I read you posts, never commented on them. Get your facts straight. BTW guys who sold their Camaro rides for the most part didn't hang around beyond that. Some other social media is a good place I imagine, just sayin'...this is a Camaro board...facts are facts...plain and simple. Dont get your feathers ruffled. Much thin skin there is around here...
What's your issue man? You seem to offer a lot of self serving comments lately. I'm fairly certain this is a public board.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #86
StealthZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:55 AM   #87
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
What's your issue man? You seem to offer a lot of self serving comments lately. I'm fairly certain this is a public board.
Public board it is..I guess your are bravely chimming in from the back of the crowd with your own self serving comments. As you accuse me, what purpose do you serve....sheesh....it's not a one way street man. Thin skinned people....
Old 03-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #88
All-American ZL1
Chevy Power

Drives: 13 ZL1 M6 #123, '98 Jeep Wrangler
you could always try and merge both your love of the mini and love for a V8!
Attached Images

2013 #123, M6 2.38 upper, ID850, dynatech 1 7/8 headers, cats, X pipe, ADM CAI, 160 Tstat, Hurst line lock, tune by FSP
Sebring 2:39.20 MPSS
All-American ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:19 AM   #89
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
lol - That's awesome! somehow I don't think I would continue to get 28MPG if my Mini was like that.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #90
2014CamaroZL1

Drives: 2014 CRT ZL1
Good luck with the Mini.

I think that you chose it because it has dual hood stripes like an SS.

Last edited by 2014CamaroZL1; 03-13-2014 at 07:14 AM.
2014CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #91
nasa.zl1

Drives: 2011 White Camaro
Admittedly I do not own a zl1 yet but I do own 2011 Camaro. Plan to buy a 2015 ZL1. However, I would never get a mini or even a down sized 2016 Camaro/zl1 since I am not driving in something where my life is in the hands of other motorists, most of whom only care about themselves and will take my life to complete an email while driving.

If I see some huge SUV crossing over into my lane and coming head on to me and if there is no way to swerve out of the way then I am stepping on the gas on my zl1 and not going alone. Take that Twitterers..
Old 03-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #92
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014CamaroZL1 View Post
Good luck with the Mini.

I think that you chose it because it has dual hood stripes like an SS.

I actually removed the hood stripes because I think the car looks better without them.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:57 AM   #93
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I have a perspective on this topic as i traded in my 2010 rally yellow 2LT RS for a used 2007 mini cooper S with 45K Km's. To be perfectly honest i wish i had never did it. My wife never asks for anything but she wanted a mini cooper so i made it happen. It hurt like hell giving up my Camaro but what stings more the car was so unreliable. I traded it in recently and got her a 2012 charger R/T. Don't miss the cooper for one second to be honest or the BMW culture that goes with it. I hope you have better luck then we did.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #94
mgm

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Coupe
Best of luck with the Mini but sorry you felt you had to sell the ZL1.

You are not alone about the feelings you had regarding the ZL1. Our winter here has been bad as I'm sure you've heard with the stupid polar vortex (when compared to other ones where we got away with hardly any snow) like pretty much everywhere else in the country. Based on my monthly payment then adding in insurance, taxes, etc. I was feeling the same way as the car just sat in the garage.

Well no more for me. I am sick of saving the car for "the next guy". I'm driving mine everyday now and enjoying every one of my commutes. And because I got auto, traffic jams are no problem! Leaving work yesterday I did the remote start in the parking garage and the sound was absolutely priceless. As I told my wife the other day when she asked me how the drive in to work was on a Monday no less, I responded "I think it is the first time on a Monday morning commute that my grin was bigger than when going home on a Friday".
Current: 2013 BRM ZL1 Coupe, LSA - ZL1 Plate, Auto, Lyods floormats, all options except stripe on trunk, 1 of 136, #7,472. Previous: 2011 2LT/RS 6 speed manual coupe - SW with Orange interior. Billet Accessories, Lyods floormats, GM Splashguards, MGP Caliper Covers, GMPP Exhaust, Hurst Shifter, Eibach Springs and Swaybars, BMR STB, Injen Long Tube CAI, HPP...Previous Previous: 1994 Z28 Blue/Grey Metallic with Black hardtop, 30k miles, 6 speed manual....

Last edited by mgm; 03-19-2014 at 04:34 PM.
mgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:59 PM   #95
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm View Post
Best of luck with the Mini but sorry you felt you had to sell the ZL1.

You are not alone about the feelings you had regarding the ZL1. Our winter here has been bad as I'm sure you've heard with the stupid polar vortex (when compared to other ones were we got away with hardly any snow) like pretty much everywhere else in the country. Based on my monthly payment then adding in insurance, taxes, etc. I was feeling the same way as the car just sat in the garage.

Well no more for me. I am sick of saving the car for "the next guy". I'm driving mine everyday now and enjoying every one of my commutes. And because I got auto, traffic jams are no problem! Leaving work yesterday I did the remote start in the parking garage and the sound was absolutely priceless. As I told my wife the other day when she asked me how the drive in to work was on a Monday no less, I responded "I think it is the first time on a Monday morning commute that my grin was bigger than when going home on a Friday".

That's great, you've figured it out. The goal is to enjoy the car by driving it! You'll have more stories and adventures the more miles you put on it!

Last edited by ZL1-V; 03-19-2014 at 03:38 PM.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #96
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizlstik View Post
It's all about you huh?
Enjoy following me around the forum,
Old 03-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #97
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
I actually removed the hood stripes because I think the car looks better without them.
I hope you have lots of fun with it...there is lots of mods you can do with it,have you join a Mini forum yet,there are so many cool mini's running around...