Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-23-2014, 11:21 PM   #183
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I can see how some might feel the 5th gen design is getting long in the tooth...heck we've been seeing it since 2006!

But as for me....geez I still think the design is pure sex. I still do double takes, and sometimes I'll be standing at just that right angle next to the car and WOW....I'm in love all over again.
Agreed. And like many other cars it may get old for a non-modded one, the modded look done right keeps it's appeal indefinitely.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:48 PM   #184
PLuche

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT manual
No... I have other important things to worry about!! This would be important once it comes out, not while it doesn't exist!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:52 AM   #185
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
GM fan here since my early teens, 35 years ago roughly.

Don't like the back end on the new 'vette. Its just departing too much from the original design.
I hate the new Camaro tail lights so much i'd rather own a Spark SS.

Typical GM though; hit a home run and drop dead rounding third. Not much hope in me for the 06 but maybe we'll get lucky.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #186
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Agreed. And like many other cars it may get old for a non-modded one, the modded look done right keeps it's appeal indefinitely.
Exactly.

People turned their heads when I first got my Camaro because it was so new and rare.

Now they turn their heads because it is more unique. Making a vehicle your own....thats why modding is so fun and addictive.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #187
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
That is why we want there best car to keep, can you shift at all, i may have a car for you to test, soon.
I CAN drive stick....it gets sore and hurts after a bit...especially at low speed or spirited driving...

should I drive a stick? Not when I cant feel my left arm...

hopefully before big brother kills affordable v8s a true duel clutch flappy paddle will find its way into a vette and camaro. Z06 coming with an auto this go round...
Old 01-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #188
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
I love everything about the C7.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #189
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
The bottom right. From that angle the front end reminds me of a 3rd gen just a bit. I love this look a lot. If it came in at 3600lbs with the LT1@450 I'm all in.
I would take this in a heartbeat. It looks even more hungrier for mustangs than the 5th gen was!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #190
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
The bottom one is 3rd gen sexy.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #191
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
The bottom one is 3rd gen sexy.
Agree 100% ! And I never was really into the 3rd Gen but this definitely makes me like them more!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #192
Blk16wls

Drives: muscle car
Got so excited over that C7 I pee'd a little.
Blk16wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #193
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk16wls View Post
Got so excited over that C7 I pee'd a little.
...exactly!. The renderings we have seen of the next Gen Camaro does not fit that same evolutionary category IMHO...just sayin'. The Vette broke some ground with it's body styling, functionality, and appearance. Sex sells. And it's sexy. Will the Camaro follow suit? I think so...
Old 03-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #194
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Here is what you have to consider.

It is nearly impossible to come out with some so complicated as an automobile or truck that everyone will be madly in love with. It can very quickly become polarizing.

On the flip side you can try to make a car or truck so neutral as to not offend anyone but those aren't the cars people fall madly in love with. Generally we call those Hondas or Toyotas.

I saw an internal comparison one time on the Full Size Pickups compared to the Dodge (at that time). The chart showed very few people disliked the Chevy while a huge number of people disliked the Dodge. But on the other hand the "love meter" showed luke warm feeling for the Chevy but equal love to the hate for the Dodge. Which one still sells better?

Not saying this is always the case, but if you try to design to not offend you will more than likely come up with a product which elicits only moderate passion.

I may not want to feel passion for my Impala or Malibu, but I sure want to feel it for my Camaro or Corvette. And the risk is you won't make everyone happy.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #195
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
good write up
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #196
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Here is what you have to consider.

It is nearly impossible to come out with some so complicated as an automobile or truck that everyone will be madly in love with. It can very quickly become polarizing.

On the flip side you can try to make a car or truck so neutral as to not offend anyone but those aren't the cars people fall madly in love with. Generally we call those Hondas or Toyotas.

I saw an internal comparison one time on the Full Size Pickups compared to the Dodge (at that time). The chart showed very few people disliked the Chevy while a huge number of people disliked the Dodge. But on the other hand the "love meter" showed luke warm feeling for the Chevy but equal love to the hate for the Dodge. Which one still sells better?

Not saying this is always the case, but if you try to design to not offend you will more than likely come up with a product which elicits only moderate passion.

I may not want to feel passion for my Impala or Malibu, but I sure want to feel it for my Camaro or Corvette. And the risk is you won't make everyone happy.
Yep. Pretty much describes exactly the process/reactions I got with my own concept design experiments here on the forum.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation