Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #127
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Yup, somehow they passed this law about 4-5 years ago. Not many people know until it's to late.

I have an old high school friend who I know longer hang out with that I found out through a still mutual friend she was recently arrested while driving under the influence and possession of coke. Was charged with felony possession. I looked up her court records and she plead down to misdemeanor possession and got 1 year probation and a $250 fine

I was ticketed one time for speeding and will be loosing my license and going to jail....worse than a felony drug charge. A bit much if you ask me!

Owe, and a class 1 misdemeanor stays on your record for 11 years. So every time I apply for a job I'm going to have to disclose I'm a "criminal"
Well she's a female. They ALWAYS get off with a slap on the wrist if it's a male judge. Seen it quite a few time. The sexist dbags!

As for telling employment? You'd be a fool to tell them about this. Let them look for it. I don't think any misdemeanor charge will affect you employment wise. What kind of work do you do? If so? GTFO out of that state!

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #128
MyRideIsHere

Drives: 98 z28, 13 LS, 14 SS, 14 ZL1
+9 most of the time... I enjoy on-ramps a lot... I also have a rural 4-lane near my house where I just do u-turns and then 0 to 69 runs...
MyRideIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #129
TOYBOY
Winter Wipeout Winner

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
You bought a Camaro, not a Prius. Just be thankful for all the times you were speeding and didn't get pulled over.
TOYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #130
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
get you a radar detector. i have 400$ one that works like a champ and has never let me down. its actually kind of fun.. it goes off, i slow down and look for the cop and when i see him i yell gotya!! sometimes I'm really surprised at how early my detector picks up the radar. its incredible. the only time I've been pulled over for speeding the cop didn't have his radar on and i knew it because i didn't get an alert. he said license and registration. i said for what? officer said you were going a little fast. i replied and i asked him how fast and he didn't have an answer. he told me to slow it down a bit and that was the end of that. but i knew i he didn't have me on radar.
TXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #131
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Well she's a female. They ALWAYS get off with a slap on the wrist if it's a male judge. Seen it quite a few time. The sexist dbags!

As for telling employment? You'd be a fool to tell them about this. Let them look for it. I don't think any misdemeanor charge will affect you employment wise. What kind of work do you do? If so? GTFO out of that state!
I was referencing future job apps that specifically ask about committing a crime. My current job thinks its silly. I'm in software sales for a firm hq'd in montreal
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #132
ABMLS3

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Camaro 2SS/RS
do it at the right time lol

Power Source Performance Turbo Kit

416 C.I ,TH400
Instagram: TomTraube
COTW ABMLS3 Build Thread
ABMLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #133
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I don't think misdemeanors count. You got a speeding ticket.
I think his was a felony speeding charge, if I remember correctly from a thread he started that got deleted.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:54 AM   #134
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
Now I am Afraid to walk.

Now I am afraid to fly

Now I am afraid to be on a train

I guess its time to stay home in a storm bunker.
...place your bets, takes your chances...if you have a Guardian Angel than perhaps you will not be a statistic. I have encountered many near death experiences, and driven more robustly than others here. Risk versus reward. A man's got to know his limitations. I hope all that choose risk have the skills necessary to save the day when the _hit hits the fan. Otherwise, review the catastrophic ZL1 pic's.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:04 AM   #135
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...place your bets, takes your chances... I have encountered many near death experiences
Oh, this is good advice. I would suspect that your "many near death experiences" also equate to causing many others to have had such experiences. It's not all about you!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:38 AM   #136
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Almost got my first ticket in 25 years yesterday. Going downhill, in the city, 40 zone, doing 57. Didn't notice. Cop was cool, said slow down, no ticket. The speedo in these looks good, but sucks with the wide pointer. I will leave the digital one on in the future.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #137
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Almost got my first ticket in 25 years yesterday. Going downhill, in the city, 40 zone, doing 57. Didn't notice. Cop was cool, said slow down, no ticket. The speedo in these looks good, but sucks with the wide pointer. I will leave the digital one on in the future.
Hope you are not blaming the wide needle for doing 17mph over the limit. The most you could blame the needle on is about 2 1/2 mph, I know because I had a 2010...