Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #43
BlkCamaroSS

Drives: 2SS 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by covertpetersen View Post
I've been in the market for a 2018 A8 Camaro SS lately but now I'm concerned about all of the things I'm reading regarding the transmission. Are the issues wide spread enough that I should seriously reconsider that purchase?
Having been dealing with the shuddering for the past 9 months and ~8 repair attempts, i've learned the shuddering is a lot more widespead than i thought. Both dealer's i've taken my car to have stated they deal with a ridiculous amount of Camaro and Corvettes that come in for the shuddering. They told me 50% of the time the transmission flush fixes it, somethines the Torque converter does, and the other times GM does not know the cause (my case).

With that said, i love the car. I just wish i could enjoy it as intended. It has been a ruckus dealing with all this but i've kept calm and just hoping it gets resolved soon.
BlkCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #44
BlkCamaroSS

Drives: 2SS 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi667 View Post
I love my 2016 2SS M6 - I wouldn't want anything different right now. However, I feel it fits very well with the six speed. I don't know how I'd feel about the A8. The A8 on my Charger was fine, but that was a highway cruiser. For something that can carve corners, the manual feels perfect. If you can drive stick, it might be worth test driving both.

In terms of reliability, I think you're just unlucky if you have an issue. Chances are you'll be fine and love it.
I agree. I haven't really heard of any M6 shuddering issues and i think on the A8 it comes out to being unlucky - but the shuddering is definitely widespread though in most cases it seems it can be fixed with a transmission flush. Either way it's a fun car, it just frustrating if you end up having an issue and they cannot figure out how to fix it.
BlkCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote