Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-28-2017, 04:06 PM   #71
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBlackSS View Post
I don't have any of those number sadly. Just my dyno SHEET and boost made. I've never datalogged. Any info on how to would be appreciated.
You need a device like SCT or HPtuners or Diablo and possibly a laptop to log.

I can set you up with what you need and help you collect data.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:32 PM   #72
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
One thing is for sure though the procharger kits are lower on the torque side.. It would stand to reason that the car that made the most torque with both cars having no traction issues should win everytime if the old saying is torque is what moves the car..and hp is for topend.
I loosely disagree with this one. I disagree with taking a dyno pull to ascertain which has more hp or tq I should say. Torque certainly moves you though and it takes hp to make the tq. Looking at what car brings more torque across the entire pull is more realistic, instead of which one peaked the most. No traction concerns, the car that has the highest average of tq is probably faster (weight, resistance and all that out of it). The pro charger cars seem to be the ones putting up the best numbers in multiple makes and models.
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:49 PM   #73
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Congrats on a great number, I would like to see the data logs for high pressure low pressure and injector pulse width before we determine if this is a safe number or not.

You should also be aware fuel pressure on the dyno can be fine for 6 seconds, but then when you go to the track it is a different story.

Log your fuel pressure, high low and injector pulse width on the track or on the street the way you intend to use that power.

I Hate to see anyone lose a motor.

We also would like to know what AFR you are running at WOT didn't see it on any of the sheets or discussion.

Ted.
I agree 100%, maintaining the volume and PSI for short burst is much different than holding it for 10-12 seconds with real world load variations and resistances going down a track. I also take into account the fact that Mike tuned this car and he is top notch. When I still lived in TX he did one of my cars, and some of my friends. He dyno tunes, and street tunes everything he does and puts it through multiple test. He wouldn't let the car leave if it was running out of fuel in long pulls or was even close to risky. If he did, it would be only because his customer said, I don't care about the cautionary aspec, push it to the max. My comment was only because there are people on here that don't appear to have ever worked on a car and they are telling others that it's a fact, you're out of fuel at 570hp and drawing hard lines. We all know that when any engine will meet its max is relative, but all alike built engines will fall in the same area of restriction. That was my only point.. it was not directed at you in any way either. I'm sure you are twice as knowledgeable about these than I am. It's your profession, it's my hobby lol
Old 04-28-2017, 07:10 PM   #74
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
I agree 100%, maintaining the volume and PSI for short burst is much different than holding it for 10-12 seconds with real world load variations and resistances going down a track. I also take into account the fact that Mike tuned this car and he is top notch. When I still lived in TX he did one of my cars, and some of my friends. He dyno tunes, and street tunes everything he does and puts it through multiple test. He wouldn't let the car leave if it was running out of fuel in long pulls or was even close to risky. If he did, it would be only because his customer said, I don't care about the cautionary aspec, push it to the max. My comment was only because there are people on here that don't appear to have ever worked on a car and they are telling others that it's a fact, you're out of fuel at 570hp and drawing hard lines. We all know that when any engine will meet its max is relative, but all alike built engines will fall in the same area of restriction. That was my only point.. it was not directed at you in any way either. I'm sure you are twice as knowledgeable about these than I am. It's your profession, it's my hobby lol
Thank you for responding, I certainly have no opinion geared toward or about any tuner, and this is not about a tuner, his reputation or abilities.

I respectfully requested to see the data logs which I am sure are available I personally save all my logs for future reference in just such a discussion I can pull them up and review them.

Again the logs on the dyno could look perfect great fuel pressure, both high low and be right at 6 ms of injector opening time.

I am not disputing that.

The AFR you can run on the dyno determines max fuel flow at said HP.

What we can get away with on a dyno does not translate to the track in a 1/4 mile or longer run.

Fuel is the lifeblood of the engine, run out if pressure and engine failure is eminent.

Again I would hate to see someone lose an engine because they wanted to push their fuel system to the limit.

When we build a car. our first consideration is fuel supply, fuel supply, fuel supply.

Ok we have enough fuel now let's go make some power.

You need fuel to make power, Air makes no power by itself.

Reminds me of when I built my first car back in the early 80s, everyone told me I was crazy for building a 1/2 in fuel system, with Dual Holley fuel pressure regulators
Quote:
You don't need lines that big my car runs fine with 5/16 line
I laughed to myself and said,
Quote:
So you wanna race?

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #75
DevBlackSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:

Yes that's where I'm at. I've known him for some time now. He would not give back a car that is a timebomb or knew that problems would occur. I'm looking into the data logging and what not but I just want to throw out that I have huge confidence in his abilities and knowledge, and I'm sure that he put a lot of time on it (3 days). Car feels awesome wot. I did 60-130 today and man oh man does it feel awesome.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:04 PM   #76
DevBlackSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Thank you for responding, I certainly have no opinion geared toward or about any tuner, and this is not about a tuner, his reputation or abilities.

I respectfully requested to see the data logs which I am sure are available I personally save all my logs for future reference in just such a discussion I can pull them up and review them.

Again the logs on the dyno could look perfect great fuel pressure, both high low and be right at 6 ms of injector opening time.

I am not disputing that.

The AFR you can run on the dyno determines max fuel flow at said HP.

What we can get away with on a dyno does not translate to the track in a 1/4 mile or longer run.

Fuel is the lifeblood of the engine, run out if pressure and engine failure is eminent.

Again I would hate to see someone lose an engine because they wanted to push their fuel system to the limit.

When we build a car. our first consideration is fuel supply, fuel supply, fuel supply.

Ok we have enough fuel now let's go make some power.

You need fuel to make power, Air makes no power by itself.

Reminds me of when I built my first car back in the early 80s, everyone told me I was crazy for building a 1/2 in fuel system, with Dual Holley fuel pressure regulators I laughed to myself and said,

Ted.
Will definitely see if he has logs still and what not. It will also put me at ease lol.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:41 PM   #77
DevBlackSS

Nitro 555r g2 305/35/20 9.5in rim. Very subtle bend outwards but still looks natural. Absolutely no fitment issues and these suckers hook up and make 1/2nd gear useable for me again!
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2017, 03:53 PM   #78
Chevy71

Looks tough man! Great tire choice
Old 04-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #79
Hyper SS

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Yesterday I got a tail wag around 100mph. It was during a hard shift. I was on it from a 2nd gear punch getting on the highway. If not for my DR's the car would be totaled. I may look in to BMR tr007.
Attached Images

Hyper SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:52 PM   #80
DevBlackSS

Quote:
Thank You sir!
Old 04-29-2017, 07:53 PM   #81
DevBlackSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper SS View Post
Yesterday I got a tail wag around 100mph. It was during a hard shift. I was on it from a 2nd gear punch getting on the highway. If not for my DR's the car would be totaled. I may look in to BMR tr007.
Holy cow! Yea I really have respect for dr's keeping the car planted and on the ground now. Whats the bmr tr007, if you dont mind explaining? i know they do handle suspension and what not
Old 04-29-2017, 08:00 PM   #82
Chevy71

[QUOTE=Hyper SS;9700218]Yesterday I got a tail wag around 100mph. It was during a hard shift. I was on it from a 2nd gear punch getting on the highway. If not for my DR's the car would be totaled. I may look in to BMR tr007[QUOTE]

Which tire are you running?
Old 04-29-2017, 09:56 PM   #83
Hyper SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBlackSS View Post
Holy cow! Yea I really have respect for dr's keeping the car planted and on the ground now. Whats the bmr tr007, if you dont mind explaining? i know they do handle suspension and what not
Here you go
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #84
Hyper SS

[QUOTE=Chevy71;9700457][QUOTE=Hyper SS;9700218]Yesterday I got a tail wag around 100mph. It was during a hard shift. I was on it from a 2nd gear punch getting on the highway. If not for my DR's the car would be totaled. I may look in to BMR tr007
Quote:

Which tire are you running?
M/T ET STREET SS
305/35/20