Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #71
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
..would rather get a bare bones 2014 LS and drop the L7 in it..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #72
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
Those who know know, Those who don't know don't know they don't know..

It blows me away at how many Camaro fans on this site don't get what the Z/28 is.

Get your learn on!! As a Camaro fan you should be in the know..
your right...when all is said and done....more is said then done
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #73
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Yes it's a track car but its also a car with extremely limited bells and whistles which is not worth the price they're going to ask for one unless they surprise me and charge 45k which won't happen.
There's a difference between intellectually knowing it's a track car and knowing beyond doubt that a moderately serious road course track car actually suits you.

I'm not sure I can explain how there can be value in NOT having features well enough for most other people to truly understand. But I know already that I would pay a little extra in order to NOT have certain features and amenities. In any car, not just the toys.

Price aside, I know for absolute certainty that I could and would drive this car on a daily basis. For use on a longer trip (such as to Camaro5Fest), yeah it probably would be nice if the radio had a second speaker. Nothing that couldn't be worked around, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sftshldr View Post
I would choose the ZL1 over the new Z/28. Why does the new Z/28 have less HP but so much more cubes? That alone would make the difference, but if it is pushing a price over $70K I would put that extra money into a ZL1 and get a car that has ALL kinds of bells and whistles plus would be a solid 10 second car in street trim.
Here's what you need to understand at the gut-level.

1. It's not a car for that kind of track.

2. Bells and whistles don't even make the car faster in a straight line, so the hardcore dragstrip cars don't have them either.

3. HP isn't everything. If your front wheels aren't always pointed straight ahead, there will be plenty of times you won't be able to use all of even the SS/1LE power level. Or won't be allowed to.

4. 20-minute road course session >> 10 second time slips. For some of us, anyway.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #74
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyBlu10 View Post
Z/28 Z/28 Z/28 NOT Z-28 Z28 GOT IT
YOU ARE SAYING IT IS NOT Z28, Z-28 Z-TWENTYEIGHT, ZTWENTYEIGHT, Z\28, Z|28 IT IS ABSSOLUTELY Z/28 SO THE RPO OF Z28 IS WRONG

Note: The third gen was Z28 not Z/28

Last edited by Globemaster; 04-02-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #75
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
I was just about to make a post about this...I keep staring at the 2014 z/28 hoping I will like it enough to consider trading in my 12 and I just cant seem to like it enough. I dont like the front end as much, im indifferent to the rear, I dont like the fender flares. Ugh I just want that package on my 12...

Looked at the rear end again and I take it back, I flat out don't like it, sorry fans and designers and everyone that had a part in making it but you can't please everyone...

Last edited by mattsfirstSS; 04-01-2013 at 11:55 AM.
mattsfirstSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #76
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
No 2014 Z/28 or SS for me

I'll gladly keep my "early production" 2010.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #77
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globemaster View Post
YOU ARE SAYING IT IS NOT Z28, Z-28 Z-TWENTYEIGHT, ZTWENTYEIGHT, Z\28, Z|28 IT IS ABSSOLUTELY Z/28 SO THE RPO OF Z28 IS WRONG
Maybe the almighty computer still isn't smart enough to interpret the special character as part of a unique term and not something that defines file structure hierarchy? It certainly doesn't give a rat's behind about historical significance.

I'll take the people-oriented version.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #78
zackex

Drives: 45th Camaro SS
I am wondering about the price of the Z/28 and the performance. I would think the price and performance stucture depends on the corvette. What I mean is if you can get a base corvette cheaper and with better peformance than a Z/28 I would opt for the vette. I also can't imagine the Z/28 outperforming the vette for less money.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #79
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Maybe the almighty computer still isn't smart enough to interpret the special character as part of a unique term and not something that defines file structure hierarchy? It certainly doesn't give a rat's behind about historical significance.

I'll take the people-oriented version.

Norm
Really does not matter to me what people call it or how they spell it. Everyone has the individual right to call it what they want. Programs are only capable of accepting what the programmer allows (until SKYNET comes online). It is a great car but not something I personally would purchase, I like the one I got in 09 and plan on keeping it.
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote