Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-29-2020, 12:34 PM   #29
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Beautiful. If only it were a Z/28. What I give to have my '69 Z/28 back.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:09 PM   #30
The Blackheart

Drives: 2019 SS/1LE Riverside Blue, Z/28s
That is totally awesome! Thanks for sharing!
The Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:14 PM   #31
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Beatuiful cars in a great photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
Yeah, but it wasn't hurting, it was helping. While the computer can help with the time taken to design, mileage, aero, performance, etc. etc., it can't replace a god given gift of creative, artistic talent. You can still FEEL the passion and emotion that went into those older cars. Something GM has been lacking for a long time in my opinion.
Kinda reminds me of how Mazda still relies quite a bit on clay modeling to design their lines. And it shows. They make some pretty good looking cars, especially in the segments they currently compete in.

https://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/.../craftsmen-01/

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:10 AM   #32
AlphaDream
Piston Slapper

Drives: Volt gen2, Colorado V6, soonCamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
Yeah, but it wasn't hurting, it was helping. While the computer can help with the time taken to design, mileage, aero, performance, etc. etc., it can't replace a god given gift of creative, artistic talent. You can still FEEL the passion and emotion that went into those older cars. Something GM has been lacking for a long time in my opinion.
Computers are just another design tool and have been used in concert with clay modeling to create some dead gorgeous cars.

I believe the issue with GM Design Studio is a lack of talent. It’s hard to keep good artists when you don’t give them the freedom to create. They can only take so many executive design committees until they leave to work at better auto companies. And there is a long tradition at GM of executives with no taste micromanaging vehicle design (I get details from family who work ther). Executives are also responsible for requiring corporate grills and tail lights to detrimental effect, case in point: the hideous arse end of the C8.

As I’ve always said, the best thing about GM cars is that you can’t see the design while you’re enjoying driving them!
AlphaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:12 AM   #33
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Considering all the Govt. mandates, wind tunnel designs for MPG etc. the 6th Gen is a good rendition of the original. But lets face it ...designers in the 1960s new what the hell they were doing when it comes to in your face badass cars. Of course the 6th Gen is a much better car in everyway, but after over 50 years they better be. Just like the 69' camaro was a much better car than the 39' camaros were.
The 5th gen was a better rendition to the 69 then the 6th gen. And even tho the new cars are better then the old ones .....when both these cars pull into a car show or meet the 69 will garner most of the attention. And no need to go all Karen on the racing comment. Let's get triggered over something else.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:46 AM   #34
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Those old 1st Gen Camaros look so great. I'd love to have one as a weekend, car show car when I retire but not as a daily driver. The gas consumption on those cars with a 350, even worse with a 396 or 454. I'll take my modern Gen 6 with the V6 as my commuter! But to have 2 Camaros- one vintage and one modern would be really cool.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:00 PM   #35
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Considering all the Govt. mandates, wind tunnel designs for MPG etc. the 6th Gen is a good rendition of the original. But lets face it ...designers in the 1960s new what the hell they were doing when it comes to in your face badass cars. Of course the 6th Gen is a much better car in everyway, but after over 50 years they better be. Just like the 69' camaro was a much better car than the 39' camaros were.

LOL...they didn't even make Camaros in 1939!......
Didn't start making Camaros until the early 1950s.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:03 PM   #36
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
That’s what I meant. Take away the federal mandates and let designers use their hands and you’ll usually get excellent results.

Maybe...today you have a hole different breed of man. We have a new generation of PC and anti America. Not the same gusto in getting things done and being cool about it.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:05 PM   #37
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Beatuiful cars in a great photo!

Kinda reminds me of how Mazda still relies quite a bit on clay modeling to design their lines. And it shows. They make some pretty good looking cars, especially in the segments they currently compete in.

https://www.mazda.com/en/innovation/.../craftsmen-01/

LOL...He said....Mazda.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:08 PM   #38
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDream View Post
Computers are just another design tool and have been used in concert with clay modeling to create some dead gorgeous cars.

I believe the issue with GM Design Studio is a lack of talent. It’s hard to keep good artists when you don’t give them the freedom to create. They can only take so many executive design committees until they leave to work at better auto companies. And there is a long tradition at GM of executives with no taste micromanaging vehicle design (I get details from family who work ther). Executives are also responsible for requiring corporate grills and tail lights to detrimental effect, case in point: the hideous arse end of the C8.

As I’ve always said, the best thing about GM cars is that you can’t see the design while you’re enjoying driving them!

GM has some of the most beautiful designed prototypes. But they never build those cars. Then they wonder why sales are down.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #39
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
The 5th gen was a better rendition to the 69 then the 6th gen. And even tho the new cars are better then the old ones .....when both these cars pull into a car show or meet the 69 will garner most of the attention. And no need to go all Karen on the racing comment. Let's get triggered over something else.

Sounds like you got triggered over his sarcasm about racing.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:01 PM   #40
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Sounds like you got triggered over his sarcasm about racing.
Looked like more then sarcasm....if it was then fine. If not I stand triggered.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:37 PM   #41
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Maybe...today you have a hole different breed of man. We have a new generation of PC and anti America. Not the same gusto in getting things done and being cool about it.
Yes, don’t get me started on all that. I’m having a good weekend so far lol
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote