Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #295
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
I think it has to do with the join date, if you join to call out pill or favor the camaro the in that gigantor butt-hurt thread, they axe you fast.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:01 PM   #296
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
I'm 02gtnh, and to me is not put down the Mustang, and don't name call. This has kept me there. I've been pm'ed many times wonder why I don't get banned. I'm a car guy and have had a Mustang and like both, but the Camaro more. But I just can't stand liars, or guys who just make stuff up so to try and look important. I don't get involved with all his antics, but I will call him out.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:23 PM   #297

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
I'm 02gtnh, and to me is not put down the Mustang, and don't name call. This has kept me there. I've been pm'ed many times wonder why I don't get banned. I'm a car guy and have had a Mustang and like both, but the Camaro more. But I just can't stand liars, or guys who just make stuff up so to try and look important. I don't get involved with all his antics, but I will call him out.
He really showed his full bs with his phony narrative about why MT didn't do a track H2H at Laguna Seca...lol....You guys can't let him off the hook with that one...This is a thing of beauty...better copy or quote his posts before he deletes them....

I've noticed some of the mods have tried to rein him in, but he even bullies them by declaring himself invaluable to the Mustang forums...lol..
I think his days are numbered....He has single-handedly ruined that whole web-site and forum...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:23 PM   #298
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Never said on a track autos weren't fast. I said if I was tracking my car on a regular basis I would choose the manual. Even the best automatic (non dual clutch like the A8 is) will not always be in the gear you want. That is obvious, as the car can't always anticipate your actions. Hence why GM recommends for the Z06 (GM's most capable track car) getting a manual if you plan on tracking the car. I'm not arguing, just stating facts. I have nothing against either transmission, and currently own both a manual and automatic...
Read what Tadge said again. Get a manual OR use manual mode. Manual mode allows you to pick the right gear and doesn't heat up as much because there is less engine braking.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:24 PM   #299
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoherty972 View Post
That isn't why they recommend the manual; they recommend it because the A8 overheats on a racetrack.
Again, read what Tadge said.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:07 PM   #300
HotRod302

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
The Pill/Suppository will not get banned

The are many rational members of MG6 who would appreciate that rectum getting banned but it won't happen. The Pill means hits/posts. Negative publicity is still better than no publicity. I used to be amused by his posts but not they are embarassing for my chosen marque. Mre accurately embarrasing for the site but his bullshit posts get attention for the site.
HotRod302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 12:29 AM   #301
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamDiesel420 View Post
Camaro: 0-60 (4.0 seconds) 12.4 in the quarter mile
Mustang: 0-60 (4.6 seconds) 12.9 in the quarter mile

We got a clear winner here by a long shot! GM did a amazing job with the new camaro!

Seems like GM waited until the right moment right after Ford changed there body style, going to take ford a few years to come back and match these stats.
A lion is most dangerous when it is cornered and has no choice but to fight....

With that said the coyote engine was engineered with direct injection in mind, so I wouldn't be shocked to see direct injection added to the equation. They could probably push it and they would probably need 460 to 465BHP to overcome the weight difference.

My 2017 Mustang predictions are this, the ecoboost Mustang gets the Focus RS tune (350/350) and the Mustang GT gets direct injection along with a new engine tune in order to make a bit more power and torque.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:19 AM   #302
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post

With that said the coyote engine was engineered with direct injection in mind, so I wouldn't be shocked to see direct injection added to the equation. They could probably push it and they would probably need 460 to 465BHP to overcome the weight difference.

My 2017 Mustang predictions are this, the ecoboost Mustang gets the Focus RS tune (350/350) and the Mustang GT gets direct injection along with a new engine tune in order to make a bit more power and torque.
A ton of speculation can be made, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

They are indeed working on something...
http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums...special-model-)
Old 10-28-2015, 06:12 AM   #303
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Read what Tadge said again. Get a manual OR use manual mode. Manual mode allows you to pick the right gear and doesn't heat up as much because there is less engine braking.
Manual mode shifts to slow from what I hear from paddle pull to shift to satisfy most. One of my friends who has tracked his has confirmed this, plus most A8 reviews seem to say the same thing. Not to mention it slows the car down as it's quicker left in drive.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:42 AM   #304
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post

There will be a lot of made Stang guys. They do not want DI.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #305
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
If DI anything makes it to the Coyote my guess is it would be that hybrid DI/PI thing the GT has. I think the FRS/BRZ/new WRX uses a similar system also?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:59 AM   #306
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Manual mode shifts to slow from what I hear from paddle pull to shift to satisfy most. One of my friends who has tracked his has confirmed this, plus most A8 reviews seem to say the same thing. Not to mention it slows the car down as it's quicker left in drive.
That has not been my experience. It does take a period of time driving aggressively for the car to "learn" you are want fast shifting. It is much faster than I could shift myself. Try one yourself before coming to a conclusion.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #307
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
There will be a lot of made Stang guys. They do not want DI.
I bet they do. They know it will add some power. They just hold on to the "DI is bad" excuses because the Coyote isn't quite on the same level as the LT1 right now.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:21 AM   #308
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
I bet they do. They know it will add some power. They just hold on to the "DI is bad" excuses because the Coyote isn't quite on the same level as the LT1 right now.
That could easily be the case too. I bet if the Coyote came out with 470hp they would be all over DI haha.
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote