Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
GM Roadside Assistance Fail!!!!

I had an issue with my car yesterday rendering it undrivable. I needed a flat bed tow. I called GM Roadside and I had to explain my location to the girl at least 8 times. After about 30 minutes she said she needed to hang up and would call me back in a few minutes.

After about 10 minutes she called back and said she had a truck on the way and it would be about 55 minutes. I asked why so long and she said that was the best they could do. I asked where it was coming from and she said Anderson, I asked where that was because it didn't sound familiar to me. She couldn't answer. Just before hanging up I asked if she understood exacly where I was repeating the exact address to her. She said yes.

The reason I asked if she understood where I was was because she sounded confuse and took so long to take care of this. I wanted to make sure she understood I was in East Chicago, a small city in NW Indiana. Nothing to do with the other Chicago 20 miles up the lake shore. She said yes.

After a little while I thought I better look to see where Anderson was so I would get an idea how long it should take for a truck to get to me. I got my phone out and looked up Anderson, IN to find it nearly 200 miles south and east from my location. WTF?

Now it's been over an hour and I still don't have a tow. I talked to a local LEO that was getting his morning donut and coffee to see if he could help me locate a tow. He called his office and gave my phone number to them and they called me back and helped me get a local truck. Next thing I did was call GM back and let them know I did not need a truck from 200 miles away after I've worked all night and have been waiting for well over an hour.

The girl on the phone this time said there was no dispatch for me and no record of me calling GM Roadside, again___ While she was on the phone I had a call show on caller ID from Florida, couldn't imagine who that would be so I ignored it trying to take care of the task at hand. I explained to this girl what I had gone through and regardless of what the screen shows her, I would not be needing their assistance.

After talking to her I get the call from Florida again. I answered it and it was a guy from GM Roadside. He started explaining to me there was a mix up and someone entered the wrong address and all I could do was interupt him explaining I already knew there was a problem and that I had called back and the second girl said nothing showed for me and how this was a totally unacceptable experience and I would be contacting some people I know at GM. He kept apologizing and I told him he is just a messenger, don't worry about it and I ended the call.

Sorry for the long explanation but GM Roadside really should screen the abilities of their employees better. This was a total, absolute, and utter

Before the trolls start saying this thread is worthless without pics, there will be none. This is about Roadside assistance and their lack of assistance in this case. It is not about what happened to my car. If I wanted it to be about my car I would have titled it differently and posted pics of what one stupid mistake did to my car. I will save it for another thread.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
What a stupid bitch!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
CWI
Helping Build America

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
What a stupid bitch!
And I only needed my car moved 17 miles!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #4
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
So....what happened to the car making it undrivable?
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Toms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
You could also contact your local dealer. That likely would have been the much faster solution (assuming you were having the dealer perform the repairs anyway).
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
CWI
Helping Build America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms2010 View Post
So....what happened to the car making it undrivable?
Did you read my entire post?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
CWI
Helping Build America

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
You could also contact your local dealer. That likely would have been the much faster solution (assuming you were having the dealer perform the repairs anyway).
At 4:15 AM? Guess I should have put that in the post. Besides, I didn't want the local dealers to touch it. I took it ot a better place, which again, is irrelevent to this thread.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #8
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
That's just life, gotta settle for the lowest common denominator these days. Meanwhile there's a tow truck driver in Anderson, IN that got dispatched for a $500 tow, he was probably already spending the extra money in his head.

Who got screwed? Everyone but GM.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #9
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
I had an issue with my car yesterday rendering it undrivable. I needed a flat bed tow. I called GM Roadside and I had to explain my location to the girl at least 8 times. After about 30 minutes she said she needed to hang up and would call me back in a few minutes.

After about 10 minutes she called back and said she had a truck on the way and it would be about 55 minutes. I asked why so long and she said that was the best they could do. I asked where it was coming from and she said Anderson, I asked where that was because it didn't sound familiar to me. She couldn't answer. Just before hanging up I asked if she understood exacly where I was repeating the exact address to her. She said yes.

The reason I asked if she understood where I was was because she sounded confuse and took so long to take care of this. I wanted to make sure she understood I was in East Chicago, a small city in NW Indiana. Nothing to do with the other Chicago 20 miles up the lake shore. She said yes.

After a little while I thought I better look to see where Anderson was so I would get an idea how long it should take for a truck to get to me. I got my phone out and looked up Anderson, IN to find it nearly 200 miles south and east from my location. WTF?

Now it's been over an hour and I still don't have a tow. I talked to a local LEO that was getting his morning donut and coffee to see if he could help me locate a tow. He called his office and gave my phone number to them and they called me back and helped me get a local truck. Next thing I did was call GM back and let them know I did not need a truck from 200 miles away after I've worked all night and have been waiting for well over an hour.

The girl on the phone this time said there was no dispatch for me and no record of me calling GM Roadside, again___ While she was on the phone I had a call show on caller ID from Florida, couldn't imagine who that would be so I ignored it trying to take care of the task at hand. I explained to this girl what I had gone through and regardless of what the screen shows her, I would not be needing their assistance.

After talking to her I get the call from Florida again. I answered it and it was a guy from GM Roadside. He started explaining to me there was a mix up and someone entered the wrong address and all I could do was interupt him explaining I already knew there was a problem and that I had called back and the second girl said nothing showed for me and how this was a totally unacceptable experience and I would be contacting some people I know at GM. He kept apologizing and I told him he is just a messenger, don't worry about it and I ended the call.

Sorry for the long explanation but GM Roadside really should screen the abilities of their employees better. This was a total, absolute, and utter

Before the trolls start saying this thread is worthless without pics, there will be none. This is about Roadside assistance and their lack of assistance in this case. It is not about what happened to my car. If I wanted it to be about my car I would have titled it differently and posted pics of what one stupid mistake did to my car. I will save it for another thread.

To bad you couldnt get her name and have her fired. She needs to be working at McDonalds.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #10
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
Did you read my entire post?
I read the post, but still dont know what happened to the car?
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #11
CWI
Helping Build America

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
I read the post, but still dont know what happened to the car?
As I explained in my original post. This is about the service I got, not the fact that I hit some gravel on the road in a curve accessing the freeway and did a NASCAR slam into the concrete deivider. Nothing I could do but ride it out and yell a few cuss words. I will leave it at that for now. When I get a chance I may post the in car video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Was it downhill?

An hour for a tow isn't unusual in the middle of the day. Could be longer in the middle of the night.

Did they give you a loaner?
No loaner, went straight to iindependent body shop. Could have asked him for the Rouche or Shelby he is taking to Meacum coming up in Indy!!

Didn't want to add any more cost to the insurance claim and I have extra vehicles. Right now I am guessing the estimate will be around 8 or 9 grand. Front bumper which was already damaged and I was trying to decide how I wanted to go about fixing, now my mind is made up insurance will cover it. Also left fender, door, lower side facia, both left wheels, front left marker light, most of front left suspension, and need to get measurements to spec the rear. At least no air bag and no frame damage.

I'm not as pissed as I was, so don't mind discussing it now. Just got too far left in a curve I have driven hundreds of times and once the left was in the marbles (well inside the white line) it was all I could do to get it turned to the right and take a side hit instead of frontal that would have been a lot worse. No injuries to me other than pride. Felt pretty stupid for a while.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #12
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
To bad you couldnt get her name and have her fired. She needs to be working at McDonalds.
Actually McDonald's fired her. This was her new job.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #13
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Smh..people these days.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #14
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
She needs to be working at McDonalds.

McDonald's already has plenty of people to screw up your order.