Drives: 2SS A8
ouch they mounted the front plate.... hate when dealerships do that
R3DLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:58 AM   #156
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co2SS View Post
I already have that exact car! And I ordered the black split spoke(56f) rims which didn't arrive with the car. It will look even more awesome when my damn rims arrive! Those of you who like the black rims, keep your eye out this week as I will post pics as soon as they are on the car. Those who DON'T like black rims, don't keep an eye out because you will hate my car soon.
Umm.. Doesn't touching snow void your warranty?

paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:03 AM   #157
L&M CAMARO 6

Drives: Just a fan for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBBS View Post
The black wheels trend is way past played out. Nice to see one with silver or gray wheels.
Thank you, silver alloys are
L&M CAMARO 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:19 AM   #158
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Hah I went to see that car yesterday also. They wouldn't let me drive it. Black rims would have helped it alott. I love the interior. They could have done more with the exterior though imo. I hope the Z model has enough exterior changes to wow me.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:25 AM   #159
Medic701

Drives: 2017 ZL1
APR Dealer and finance company

Who sets the APR rate? Does the dealer have a baseline from the finance company and then they try to get the highest they can to make more profit? Is this rate negotiable?
Medic701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:32 AM   #160
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
How does the kalahari interior look? In the Stingray it was kind of too orange for me. Is it the same in the Camaro?
Old 12-07-2015, 08:56 AM   #161
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
It is all dependant on the dealer.

They work with a lot of banks and can try to get the best rates based on your credit and the amount of money you're putting down.

Your credit is the main qualifier. Best bet is to shop around with banks and get the best rate you can and see if your dealer can match it.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:15 AM   #162
BrianInJackson

Drives: toyota mr2
The salesperson will ask you. "What interest rate are you looking for". If you give an answer... It will cost you. Only they know what you really qualify for if you go through their financing. If you say "I won't take anything over 3.9%". They will come back with no approval or 3.9%.. You may have been approved for 0% financing.. You don't know. If you are financing.. get the dealers best deal... then shop around. It sucks to put this much work into it.. but they don't mind screwing you over. If you wanted 3.9% and got it... you would be happy... Until later when you find out you could have saved money.
BrianInJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #163
Jakey2SS

Drives: 15' Scat Pack
Money down plays just as big a role as credit score in my opinion. My ex destroyed my credit a few years ago, and while it has improved a lot it still isnt great.. But I was able to finance my challenger without a co signer for 3.5% with the amount of money I put down
Jakey2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:17 AM   #164
Greg_Di

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2LT
I managed to qualify and get approved for 0.99 rate here in Canada through the dealer which was very surprising on a brand new model
Greg_Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:25 AM   #165
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey2SS View Post
Money down plays just as big a role as credit score in my opinion. My ex destroyed my credit a few years ago, and while it has improved a lot it still isnt great.. But I was able to finance my challenger without a co signer for 3.5% with the amount of money I put down
Oh for sure. Money down is HUGE. Even more important than credit score and history. Granted all are "needed" to be good. But you can get away with not ideal credit score with a huge down payment but cannot get away vice versa.

Another thing is that credit unions usually have much much better rates than a "big" bank and are more liniment of giving you the loan amount.

OP, there are MULTIPLE factors that change the APR. From general statistics of borrower/lender amount (both money and amount of people) in the entire country to general economy value. In the past 2-3 years the amount have skyrocketed, as in people were more interested in "buying" stuff via loans/mortgage thus the lenders started charging more APR to make more money. Demand is high there for supply is high. 2-3 years ago, demand was much lower thus supply was cheaper. You'd think it would be opposite but it isn't which makes sense if you think of it as business.

Getting a loan from a local credit union is a smarter thing to do compared to let's say wells fargo or bank of america etc... I sadly got stuck with Wells Fargo on the camaro and bank of america with my malibu. Purely because I do not live in Texas and my dealership's (in texas) local credit unions did not give me any loan at all due to my location which honestly is fine... After 6 months of financing the payments your history as well as credit score starts building up so I will be re-financing between 6 months to a year. At least will be looking into it as just maybe I will end up getting a better APR on my payments. I have 3.9% on the camaro and 3.7% on the malibu.

Also another reason why I am saying APR has gotten so much higher due to demand compared to 2-3 years ago is because I got my truck as well as another vehicle 3 years ago with 2.1% APR. They have already announced that the mortgage APR will be going up this month, hopefully it won't be too much for vehicle loans or even if it does, it'll drop by a bit when it is time for me to get my loan.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:41 AM   #166
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
My fiancee bought a new car at the beginning of this year, and managed to get 1.9% with $0 down and got the dealer to eat the negative equity on her trade-in.

She is an extremely effective negotiator. We get married in a week, and I hope we never get divorced. She would take me to the cleaners, even with all the proper documentation in place lol.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:59 AM   #167
Toxicgoober

Drives: 2014 Maxima
2016 2SS Nightfall Gray Metallic Pics

I really like that color combo. Very sharp. That natural leather color is awesome with the dark grey. Now you got me all messed up. I had my mind set on the garnet with adrenaline interior until I saw your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toxicgoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #168
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
My fiancee bought a new car at the beginning of this year, and managed to get 1.9% with $0 down and got the dealer to eat the negative equity on her trade-in.

She is an extremely effective negotiator. We get married in a week, and I hope we never get divorced. She would take me to the cleaners, even with all the proper documentation in place lol.
Not sure if I should say congrats or welcome to hell! LOL! In all seriousness, congrats on getting married. It has it's ups and downs but it's worth it with the right person I... As a person who doesn't believe in marriage got married and I love it haha. I got all the car debt on me + half the house we are building so I'd be screwed if we get divorced unless I win the lottery haha.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote