Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-02-2016, 02:00 PM   #15
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
When the turbo 4 and the vert goes into production and rental fleet orders start, you'll see more deliveries.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #16
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Also, we need to see some type of marketing for the gen 6 if GM wants to see improvement, and as I have stated in other threads, GM hasn't done anything about it yet, other than win some props and awards here and there from publications that are only seen by the die-hard car guys. The average consumer doesn't know about the new Camaros, and what made the mustang a big seller among young people was the turbo4; By now I think it will be too late for Chevy to recover, but without a marketing campaign, you may as well call it an L for the year.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:05 PM   #17
Omar1

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
I think its obvious Mustang blew up so much thanks to the more affordable and fuel efficient 4 cylinder engine. Hope Chevrolet can start getting theirs out soon and start gaining some ground on that market.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:06 PM   #18
Flyer

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS and an old Lexus SUV
In contrast, my local dealer has yet to receive its first 2016 Camaro. Apparently, it is still swimming across the ocean to Hawaii.
Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #19
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

BONUS POINT!!!! I'm also going to assume these graphs are encompassing global sales, which mustang has in the bag, specially with their right-hand drive models and the smaller displacement of their v8, which make them less expensive than the Camaro's tax-wise in Europe. Camaro doesn't stand a chance there.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #20
Jeremeymt

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1 View Post
I think its obvious Mustang blew up so much thanks to the more affordable and fuel efficient 4 cylinder engine. Hope Chevrolet can start getting theirs out soon and start gaining some ground on that market.
THIS!
Jeremeymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:20 PM   #21
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
BONUS POINT!!!! I'm also going to assume these graphs are encompassing global sales, which mustang has in the bag, specially with their right-hand drive models and the smaller displacement of their v8, which make them less expensive than the Camaro's tax-wise in Europe. Camaro doesn't stand a chance there.
The Mustang figures are US sales only.

If global sales were figured in the Mustang's lead over the Camaro would be about..20,000 or so cars stronger.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:21 PM   #22
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Negative. They're US sales results.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:29 PM   #23
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1 View Post
But isn't the Mustang V6 the entry level car? 4 cylinder Ecoboost is mid-range?

The dealership in my area has only one 2016 Black 1LT Camaro with MSRP of $29,745 in stock. Another one exactly like it, only Nightfall Gray, in transit.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #24
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Negative. They're US sales results.
wow. that's pretty damn impressive.

Camaro has lost this one tho eitherway; all the people who wanted a turbo4 already got theirs when the mustang first offered them. the sales number for them is not going to reach that height again, not this year at least.

correct me if im wrong, but I also remember reading that the turbo4 Camaro is going to be the entry level Camaro, the LS of this generation, if you will... does that mean that there are going to be less available options for the T4? its also going to be slower than the v6, which is the opposite for the mustang. who is going to want to buy the slower car when they have a choice and the price difference for the options will be small?
Old 02-02-2016, 02:31 PM   #25
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
this means nothing until the base turbo-4's are out in quantity at dealership lots

the T-4 will be just a fast if not faster than the V6 if folks are will to do a simple ECU tune to turn up the wick on the boost.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:42 PM   #26
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
wow. that's pretty damn impressive.

Camaro has lost this one tho eitherway; all the people who wanted a turbo4 already got theirs when the mustang first offered them. the sales number for them is not going to reach that height again, not this year at least.

correct me if im wrong, but I also remember reading that the turbo4 Camaro is going to be the entry level Camaro, the LS of this generation, if you will... does that mean that there are going to be less available options for the T4? its also going to be slower than the v6, which is the opposite for the mustang. who is going to want to buy the slower car when they have a choice and the price difference for the options will be small?
The T4 will be the entry level engine, but it will be able to be optioned the same as a V6 (except for the NPP), leather, HUD, discotech rave light show...everything. It will also be the lightest of the Camaro line.

Stock for stock..yeah it'll likely be slower than the V6 Camaro..it is what it is. Given the issues the T4 has had in the ATS (blown out of proportion, but still there)..I expect GM to be really, really touchy about warranty work on them, especially when dealing with mysteriously blown engines with "factory tunes".
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #27
Omar1

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
But isn't the Mustang V6 the entry level car? 4 cylinder Ecoboost is mid-range?

The dealership in my area has only one 2016 Black 1LT Camaro with MSRP of $29,745 in stock. Another one exactly like it, only Nightfall Gray, in transit.
Actually, you are right about that.. Hmm.. Maybe just the fact that it's a four cylinder makes it more enticing to consumers in that market..
Old 02-02-2016, 02:50 PM   #28
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Also, we need to see some type of marketing for the gen 6 if GM wants to see improvement, and as I have stated in other threads, GM hasn't done anything about it yet, other than win some props and awards here and there from publications that are only seen by the die-hard car guys. The average consumer doesn't know about the new Camaros, and what made the mustang a big seller among young people was the turbo4; By now I think it will be too late for Chevy to recover, but without a marketing campaign, you may as well call it an L for the year.
Maybe a sexy ass Super Bowl spot to kick off a marketing push? They need to do something from a marketing standpoint.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote