Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #239
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
In the case you outline, the problem isn't that the 2SS to too expensive. The buyers priorities have changed. A base luxury car and a performance/muscle/sports car don't compare. Building a cheaper, poorer performing Camaro isn't going to make that buyer move down market away from the Infinity.
Well, not someone with a brain anyhow. Good point though.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:50 AM   #240
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
In the case you outline, the problem isn't that the 2SS to too expensive. The buyers priorities have changed. A base luxury car and a performance/muscle/sports car don't compare. Building a cheaper, poorer performing Camaro isn't going to make that buyer move down market away from the Infinity.
That is the point that me and a few others have been saying! At this price point now you are going to get that odd cross shopping(from people are not enthusiasts that has been the base of this whole debate), where people might trade off the performance of a car for the "luxury" of another car bc they are in the same price point now.

You also seemed to skip the part where I said when he ditched his Ford he was looking at Challengers. The price point in the Challenger led him to realize he could get into a luxury car.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 02-10-2016 at 11:21 AM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:51 AM   #241
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
There are certain cars that say "You've made it" or "You're on your way"...

The ATS-V, M3 and M4, the Lexus ISF/RCF...they say "you're getting there"

The CTS-V, M5, etc...they say "You've made it"..

What does a Camaro/Mustang/Challenger say? You're still a bit immature and you're okay with it.

I work in an office in metro Portland with these people who pull in $90,000...and they ALL immediately ran out to get Caddies, Audis, BMW's and Mercedes.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:01 AM   #242
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

What does a Camaro/Mustang/Challenger say? You're still a bit immature and you're okay with it.

I work in an office in metro Portland with these people who pull in $90,000...and they ALL immediately ran out to get Caddies, Audis, BMW's and Mercedes.
I guess it depends on where you live too. Here where I live if you have the BoreMW, the Audi or Mercedes you are a rich prick. If you own a Zl1, current Z/28, GT500 or even a 60K truck you are a cool rich guy and people will talk to you. Once again it goes back to a lot of dumb asses roaming the earth these days.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #243
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I guess it depends on where you live too. Here where I live if you have the BoreMW, the Audi or Mercedes you are a rich prick. If you own a Zl1, current Z/28, GT500 or even a 60K truck you are a cool rich guy and people will talk to you. Once again it goes back to a lot of dumb asses roaming the earth these days.
See where you live it says rich prick and while I like to say that goes for all BMW drivers hahaha around me it means successful. Like SpeedIsLife said, they are cars that say you have made it. Around here if your a successful individual driving around in a Ford or Chevy people either assume its a Company Car, or your at the bottom of the food chain.

And this is not just for the Camaro, Mustang has this problem too as its right behind the Camaro in price
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #244
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post

I get what you're saying but all of those cars will cost at least $15-20K more than a 2SS Camaro. A base luxury buyer is moving in a different direction and a cheaper Camaro isn't going to lure them.

I think the 1LE option on the V6 acknowledges the need of the guy whose income hasn't kept up. Think about what a WS6 or SS gen4 cost and its performance relative to the new LT V6.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:13 PM   #245
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Its the same here. I'm actually embarrassed to appear "wealthy" with a ZL1. Modesty in the midwest

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #246
motorhead

Quote:
Its the same here. I'm actually embarrassed to appear "wealthy" with a ZL1. Modesty in the midwest
I have a friend here that is an electrical contractor. He really wants a GT500 ,but he won't buy one because of how people around here. That's another rich guy car here. That's why he owns an off shore boat and a house on the beach 5hrs from here instead.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #247
BrandX
Camaro Again?

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Most people do not want wealth. It takes hard work and discipline with an attention to personal financial management and living below our means to achieve long term wealth. Most people are not willing to stick to a plan like that.

What people want is the PERCEPTION of wealth. Why would the average American spend $50,000 on a Chevy when they can get a BMW for $36,000? Most people never look past the brand emblem. A $50,000 Camaro is absolutely laughable. Expect Mustang sales to DESTROY Camaro sales in 2016.

Agree, Camaro will get hammered!!!!!
Old 02-10-2016, 05:35 PM   #248
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Most people do not want wealth. It takes hard work and discipline with an attention to personal financial management and living below our means to achieve long term wealth. Most people are not willing to stick to a plan like that.

What people want is the PERCEPTION of wealth. Why would the average American spend $50,000 on a Chevy when they can get a BMW for $36,000? Most people never look past the brand emblem. A $50,000 Camaro is absolutely laughable. Expect Mustang sales to DESTROY Camaro sales in 2016.
It's funny, I tend to agree with everything you said. We were talking about comparing a loaded Camaro to luxury brands.

Then came the last sentence in bold above. The bread and butter sales of T4 and V6 should be very competitive this year. We will see how it pans out.

The Camaro is the superior car, we will see if it translates to sales for the lower tier models.

In my opinion, Chevy should not have too many loaded SS models on dealer lots. This will lead to lost sales thru sticker shock. Leave that to the special orders. Have dealer alotment of SS in the upper 30s, low 40K range.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:13 PM   #249
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Not looking too good. Camaro is car of the year everywhere except the sales numbers. I hope this turns around.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:34 PM   #250
Factorypilot

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
After toying with the idea of the M2 (I still like the way it looks), I've decided to stick with the Camaro, especially for the price I'm getting it for. If I ever went BMW (and maybe I will down the road), I'd want something along the lines of the M4, but I'd really want something with more than 425 HP.

I'm not crazy about the maintenance stories I hear and I'd definitely need to be convinced to go that direction. They lose a crazy amount of value off the line, so maybe the thing to do is buy used at 65K.

Dunno. For now, I really like the Camaro and all it has to offer. It's a great looking car, my wife and I love the interior and we both love the performance.

Glad Chevy came out with the Gen 6. It's a winner in my book.
Factorypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:00 PM   #251
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/lat...icle-1.2521840

for all you people still denying that the new Camaro is targeting the german market, check it out. its performing well in german territory, so its just begging to be compared. it wont happen overnight, but it will cause a few cross shopping scenarios for driving enthusiasts, if not from the common "idiot".
Old 02-15-2016, 11:01 PM   #252
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
6th Gen early sales

6th Gen not all that in sales ...yet ? Still early but I would have thought the first month sales would blast off. Could it be 5th genners not feeling it enough? Count me in that category. Maybe the 50th anniversary model will do it but don't think so as the recently released '17 1LE is no different in style as the '16
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote