Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #29
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYFALL View Post
I went to my local Chevy dealership yesterday as I was interested in seeing what it would take to get rally stripes and a stock standard spoiler for my LT. I was just going in to look at prices and not actually try and do the changes right then.

20 minutes later, I walk out of the dealership feeling very confused. I was told that although I could order black rally stripes for $400 at the dealership, they couldn't install them. The dealership would have to call somebody and bring them in to put the stripes on instead. That would cost an extra $200-$300. I also talked about trying to get the stock spoiler that is standard on all models except the LT and how much that would cost to put on. They told me I could order it at the dealership much like the stripes, but then I would have to take the part to another body shop and have it painted and installed there. The guy behind the counter told me I was probably looking at close to $1500 just to put stripes and a stock spoiler on, and it appears none of this process even happens at the Chevy dealership minus ordering the parts.

Is it normal for dealerships not to be able to do any of this (what I think) standard stuff? I was really blown away at the fact that I have to go somewhere else to get all this done. I was trying to go through the Chevy dealership because I thought it would be easier; even the guy behind the counter told me I should just skip the dealership "middleman" and head straight to a body shop and order all the parts from there. And, honestly, I've now lost interest in doing these additions because it's probably going to be a huge fat hassle that's likely overpriced.
Go to another dealer. Never heard of one say what yours is doing. My dealer installed rally stripes were $500 installed. Yes, they brought someone in, but nowhere near what you were quoted.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #30
Sosa

Drives: 2012 Dodge Charger
If you lived anywhere near Jackson, MS I would tell you to order the stripes you wanted on eBay and I would install for 60 bucks. I work for an O&G pipeline contractors and during time off between jobs, stuff like tint, stripes, and custom lighting is what I do.

If you have a free afternoon, a spray bottle filled with soapy water, and a credit card shaped tint tool, you could do it yourself no problem
Sosa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011 camaro 1lt, camaro rally stripes, camaro spoiler, dealership