Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-24-2014, 01:36 AM   #29
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Wow! Finally, some close up pics of the inside of the car almost can see the design!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:26 AM   #30
camarosource

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 Showcar
I'm surprised NO ONE has noticed the new set of rear lights? There are two circular lights just to the center area of the rear across from the exhaust pipes.. Never seen those in any of the other mules and none of the renders have shown them.

Camarosource.ca FACEBOOK PAGE - EXCLUSIVE INFO On upcoming Camarosource.ca V5.0 and More!!

camarosource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:09 AM   #31
benanderson89

Drives: Kia GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosource View Post
I'm surprised NO ONE has noticed the new set of rear lights? There are two circular lights just to the center area of the rear across from the exhaust pipes.. Never seen those in any of the other mules and none of the renders have shown them.
Fog Lights.

Any car outside the USA in key markets like Mainland Europe require low mounted rear fog lamps as standard. The USA it not part of the World Forum for Harmonization of Vehicle Regulations.

Map of member states.

Because of the presence of these fog lights, as well as cladding on the wing mirrors and LED Day Time running lamps as standard, its leading me to believe that the test mule we see here is a European specification Camaro.

Intercooler? Probably a European Turbo 4.

Fog Lights? Required in Europe.

Cladding on Wing Mirrors? Europe requires larger wing mirrors than the USA. So different wing mirrors with different styling.

It seems to me that General Motors are planning to assault Europe with the 6th gen right out the gate to compete with the 2015 Ford Mustang. GM most likely saw the unprecedented reaction to a global Mustang and finally decided to take other markets more seriously with its pony car.

With the Chevrolet brand being withdrawn pretty much everywhere except Russia, it'll be interesting to see how and where GM will market and sell the car. Maybe they'll push them through their Opel and Vauxhall dealer network.
benanderson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:32 AM   #32
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
^ nice analysis, appreciate it
Old 10-24-2014, 06:53 AM   #33
camarosource

Interesting.. Have to admit that I've never heard of foglights on the BACK of a car before?

Camarosource.ca FACEBOOK PAGE - EXCLUSIVE INFO On upcoming Camarosource.ca V5.0 and More!!

Old 10-24-2014, 06:56 AM   #34
camarosource

"Front and Rear Fog Lights

Vehicles are typically equipped with both front and rear fog lights. Those in the front extend the driver’s visibility range as far as possible directly ahead of the car. However, even if the driver can see the road ahead, other drivers may not be able to distinguish objects clearly through the fog, mist, smoke, or other hazardous conditions. The fog lights installed at the back of the car serve to warn other drivers of the car’s presence. Usually, the rear fog lights are wired on a separate circuit, apart from the rest of the car’s lighting."

Old 10-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #35
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
I would be more incline to believe the 80's Camaro has the twin turbo v6. Maybe the production weight of the Gen6 will be close to what the older Camaro's weight is. What's the best guess on it's weight?
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #36
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
T-tops are still a huge hurdle. Today, only convertibles are exempt from the roof strength testing.

Here is the verbiage in MVSS 216:

FMVSS 216, Roof Crush Resistance, establishes strength requirements for the passenger compartment roof of passenger cars, multipurpose passenger vehicles, trucks and buses with a GVWR of 2722 kilograms or less. The purpose of the standard is to reduce deaths and injuries due to the crushing of the roof into the passenger compartment in rollover accidents. The standard does not apply to school buses and passenger cars that conform to the dynamic rollover test requirements of FMVSS 208, Occupant Crash Protection, S5.3 by means that require no action by passenger car occupants. It also does not apply to convertibles, except for optional compliance with the standard as an alternative to the rollover test requirements in S5.3 of FMVSS 208.

A targa top, like the Corvette is considered a convertible top. T-tops are not exempted from 216 and simply makes it tougher to pass.

Back in the day, roof strength was up to 5,000 pounds or 1.5 times the vehicle weight whichever was the least, if I remember correctly. Now it is 3 times the weight of the vehicle which makes it much tougher to pass. The NPRM was originally 2.5x but the final rule now in effect is 3x. So a T-top in old days only had to meet 5,000 pounds. Now......12,000 pounds for a 4,000 pound Camaro.
I have complete confidence in the engineers you trained at GM to deliver T-tops.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #37
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
And what do you "think" is coming???

Not allowed to say, as you know I work for GM.....

Fear the .........

Old 10-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #38
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Guessing the old F cars may have simply been the "mules" GM used prior to the true prototypes for power train and chassis development work.

If that is the cas we could conclude some things about the mass and size of the Gen6.

Likely no one noticed an old 80s Camaro driving around with an M plate. Only now in the company of the prototypes does it get noticed.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #39
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Not allowed to say, as you know I work for GM.....

Fear the .........

I'm in a position to immediately wire $50 to your private account for complete details of the 6th.

Targa would be better than t-top by the way...

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #40
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Guessing the old F cars may have simply been the "mules" GM used prior to the true prototypes for power train and chassis development work.

If that is the cas we could conclude some things about the mass and size of the Gen6.

Likely no one noticed an old 80s Camaro driving around with an M plate. Only now in the company of the prototypes does it get noticed.
Weren't the 3rd gens in the low to mid 3000 lb range? If so, I guess we could be in for a big surprise when it comes to weight.

Obviously, I don't expect a sub 3,500 lb SS but the turbo 4 may be there.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #41
Dark Ninja

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
If its a T top im trading in my car the day they are released. i cant wait, this is so exciting
Old 10-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #42
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Heck I'd buy that third gen right now! I just noticed the wheels on the 3d gen match the first two pix which are different than the other picks. Plus the UNI-MUFFLER which on the ATS is 4-6 bangers = v6 or v4T for first two pix. Thank you I know doctor obvious

Plus the very first pix looks like 3 or 4 shells layered on top..