Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #155
Arbgast

Drives: DRIVES 2014 2SS RS convertible
Yes, the mylink plays movie. Only in park. Your phone does the decoding and the mylink is the viewer.
Arbgast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #156
Philar299

Drives: 2021 Forte GT
Looks really nice, but dont like you cant do cds :(
Philar299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #157
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
pretty sweet, might need to check into it.. great post
Blaque Diamond Wheels BD23's 20x10, Hankook V12 275, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Side Rockers, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, BMR F/R Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms,
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #158
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
What is the price to upgrade?
Can it be installed in a 2010-12??
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #159
kannon

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
You couldn't be bothered to read the thread huh?

kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #160
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Looks like the mylink with Nav will be available in Aug for $795. We will probably be able to retrofit it into our earlier cars, but we'll have to give some folks some time to come up with the proper plugs, etc. If GM doesn't do it, someone here will come up with a wire harness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
You couldn't be bothered to read the thread huh?
You couldn't be bothered to help answer him? huh?

Way to help out a fellow member.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #161
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
Quote:
It is already being worked on/researched by 2SSRS (Ofer). In the DIY section there is a thread called "So You Want A New Radio." Check that thread and others about the MyLink for information. You will find positive and Negative information about doing this. 2SSRS is the same person who found a way to install the HUD in the 2010 Cars, upgrading the ABL, and alot of other Mods.

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016

Last edited by WCoolBreeze; 07-11-2012 at 12:18 AM.
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #162
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
this is a step up from last gen but if you were to go sit in a CTS-V or a new tahoe this stuff is implemented like garbage IMO.

anybody who likes the fisher price look of this deck baffles me. this is the one part of the camaro that I think everbody would breath a sigh of reliefe if they fixed whether they will admit to it or not. say with how far behind the times the Vette nav is. it has it and people will defend it but other GM cars have stuff that blows it away.

put the gauges at eye level mouth the head unit cleanly in the dash.

I also chuckle at the defense of people defending chevrolet AC controls. I have two friends that have had to replace them on there duramax's. to the tune of about $500 in ~6 years. they made it just out of factory waranty and died.

I am somwhere in the middle. it is a nicer unit that last years for sure but this is by far not the best setup I have seen in a car. how anyone can look at the scosche dash kit and see junk but the stock stereo and see beauty is beyone me. they both look kind of like they don't belong to me.

the funny thing is with the nav unit on contraint till aug/???? I left if off my order. if that nav is not easy to retrofit this is coming out and pioneer or kenwood is going in.

chevy would be smarter to make this unit software upgradable for a fee to nav. or an add on module.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #163
Camaro77

Drives: Imperial Blue 2LT RS Automatic
Has anyone seen a video showing the nav system portion of mylink in action on a camaro? I'm eager to see this feature on the 2013.
Camaro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #164
pharmboy

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
I think it's pretty sweet. Also, the movies might be useful as I plan on taking some long drives on my ZL1 and anybody on board is gonna want something to do! Overall, the unit looks awesome
Old 07-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #165
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I love the mylink esp with nav being available soon but I just want a cd player added on, I just didn't think they'd get rid of it altogether especially this early. Why not wait til the 6Gen since its suppose to be "lightweight". Just wished it was brought up previously. I think Chevy might be the first manufacter that got rid of it altogether.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:21 AM   #166
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Lol. Alot of people out there still use the physical copy of CDs. It isn't like the tape cassette days where a new platform came out known as compact discs and tapes were no longer being made. CDs are STILL being made. I'm curious to know if the in-dash in the Corvette has the option to use CDs. I have an iPod and I have CDs. I have bought more CDs then digital music. I've only bought 2 digital albums I think in the past 2 years that come to mind.

You sure? I'm not doubting what your saying but thats just odd to me given the fact that not everyone has an itunes account. Physical media is dying? So does that mean the next generation console won't have physical CDs? Times are changing but NOT that damn quick. If anything GM shouldn't have skipped usage of CDs altogether, why not give us the option? Let US decide what we want in our car.

I believe that the majority of us wanted an in-dash from factory but nobody said "take away the usage of cds with it", show me 1 post that says that.

Bad move on GM's part.

I won't knock the new Mylink, it does look pretty cool.

Having said that, I agree with you for at least having the CD option. I have many cassettes and finally started buying CD's (usually on sale). No intention of ever buying MP3 (or all digital). I personally am tired of keeping the music distributors rolling in money by obsoleting my older music collection media. I suppose it's ok for those younger that have no older music media (CD, cassette, LP).
By the way, I have read that LP has been making a comeback because of the superior music quality. No disagreement from me though on scratches and skips on CD and LP.

I have been considering buying my first new smartphone in order to stream music, hopefully nav, and phone using bluetooth (still lovin' my old RAZR that still works fine). Now if this option idea goes away, then I am done with the new stuff and will just continue to live in the past.
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:56 AM   #167
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
Thanks to GearHeadSS for demo showing how the bluetooth phone option works.
It looks awesome on Mylink and would fit into my plans.
I am hoping it works just as well in my 2010 old timers radio, lol.

And now for a little fun:
A big 2 thumbs up for those getting the newer Camaro models. Fantastic!!
Not too envious, lol.

I will keep my nostalgic beautiful IBM 2010 and keep remembering that 2010 was the starter year of just totally kicking the Mustang butt. No ifs, ands, or buts!! LOL
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #168
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
The reasoning behind no cd is probably because of space. Where would they put it? Every other MyLink radio that offers a cd has the slot that isn't located near the radio. On the Equinox, it's farther down on the center stack. Can't put it in the glove box because then there would be no room in there.

Please don't say they could have re-designed the dash either because they couldn't have. We've already been told that it would take countless dollars and the car would have to go through some serious r&d just for a dash re-design. They're not going to do that while working on the next generation of this car.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote