Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-19-2011, 05:22 AM   #267
GREENSTEVE

Drives: 2011 Camaro - 2014 Corvette
How about purple or gold ?
GREENSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #268
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Real glad I already got my Imperial Blue Camaro SS !

Wouldn't of had it in any other colour.... Now it will really be a collectors model.

Attachment 315370

Attachment 315371

Attachment 315372

Be TRUE to the BLUE
Just gotta throw a big congrats on your Camaro. These are the most absolute best and fantastic pics of the IBM that I have seen. I really like your tweaks to the car. This is one awesome looking vehicle!
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #269
R1jamn

Drives: 2015 ZL1, 2023 ZL1, 2014 Raptor
GM had captured a beautiful color with "Imperial Blue Metallic".
It was a very rich, elegant and calming color.
This is no fault of GM for the discontinued color.
I do not believe that IBM had declined in popularity.
Circumstances beyond human control have forced this on GM and us the consumer.

IBM with white rally stripes would have been my first choice when I order a Z/28 or a ZL1 in 2014 (My 50th birthday).
Although the ZL1 does not have a rally stripe option because of the carbon fiber hood vent, I would still have ordered the IBM.
And yes, I believe and trust that GM will produce a Z/28.

Now, let us not turn this into negative energy. Negative energy can create bad luck and even health problems, both physically and mentally.
I'm sure many of you understand this.

So, I would like to take this opportunity to request a new color that I am also partial to.

Ahhhehehehemmm................ Attention GM.
Now that IBM is being discontinued, I would like to see a Deep Dark Red as a color option.

A Deep Dark Red would be fantastic. You can call it "Million Dollar Red".
Now that is rich. LOL
My "Million Dollar Red" Camaro will have white rally stripes, if possible.

Let me be completely candid here. I DO NOT want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have the "tincoat" type color tone to it.
I do not want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have a rust tone or purple tone to it.
I'm patiently waiting GM, and I'll be checking up on you from time to time.

R1jamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #270
SteveRS

Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post

Love the Yellow on the Mustang, Chevy should have done a color like that instead of RY.

Hate that blue
Grabber hammer and beat yourself for choosing that color.. they tried adding white or red stripes to tone it... NOOOOPE doesnt work.. only color i like on the Stang is Kona Blue with Silver stripes.. ill give Props for that...

Old 12-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #271
BlueDragonVT

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Glad I got mine when I did, and I had to fight for it! Absolutely worth it though. It was always the color I wanted. Now My first choice and my second choice (RJT) are both gone. So sad.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #272
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRS View Post
Grabber hammer and beat yourself for choosing that color.. they tried adding white or red stripes to tone it... NOOOOPE doesnt work.. only color i like on the Stang is Kona Blue with Silver stripes.. ill give Props for that...

Not even a fan of that color really either. I like the new mustangs in Sterling Grey the most!

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #273
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1jamn View Post
GM had captured a beautiful color with "Imperial Blue Metallic".
It was a very rich, elegant and calming color.
This is no fault of GM for the discontinued color.
I do not believe that IBM had declined in popularity.
Circumstances beyond human control have forced this on GM and us the consumer.

IBM with white rally stripes would have been my first choice when I order a Z/28 or a ZL1 in 2014 (My 50th birthday).
Although the ZL1 does not have a rally stripe option because of the carbon fiber hood vent, I would still have ordered the IBM.
And yes, I believe and trust that GM will produce a Z/28.

Now, let us not turn this into negative energy. Negative energy can create bad luck and even health problems, both physically and mentally.
I'm sure many of you understand this.

So, I would like to take this opportunity to request a new color that I am also partial to.

Ahhhehehehemmm................ Attention GM.
Now that IBM is being discontinued, I would like to see a Deep Dark Red as a color option.

A Deep Dark Red would be fantastic. You can call it "Million Dollar Red".
Now that is rich. LOL
My "Million Dollar Red" Camaro will have white rally stripes, if possible.

Let me be completely candid here. I DO NOT want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have the "tincoat" type color tone to it.
I do not want my "Million Dollar Red" Camaro to have a rust tone or purple tone to it.
I'm patiently waiting GM, and I'll be checking up on you from time to time.

f therewas no shortage of demand, and GM still kills it, how can it not be GM's fault?
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #274
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
f therewas no shortage of demand, and GM still kills it, how can it not be GM's fault?
Evidently you didn't hear about the tsunami

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #275
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Evidently you didn't hear about the tsunami
Blaming the Tsunami for all the ills of GM is like blaming Bush for obama's problems. Only works for so long. I don't recall GM blaming Japan for paint in the US. Last I heard, we had plenty of paint companies here. Just seems like GM is going back to its old ways.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #276
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Supersonic Blue Metallic

Is this color a new blue for the Camaro? It is on a Corvette but.....

http://www.coxauto.com/2012-chevrole...1C5100653.html
Old 12-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #277
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Blaming the Tsunami for all the ills of GM is like blaming Bush for obama's problems. Only works for so long. I don't recall GM blaming Japan for paint in the US. Last I heard, we had plenty of paint companies here. Just seems like GM is going back to its old ways.

Read Scott's post about validating paint. They have contracts with certain suppliers. Apparently you don't know how much R&D costs... I never blamed the tsunami for "all of GM's ills." The tsunami was the reason CGM and IBM were on constraint and has a large part to play in the loss of the colors. Do you enjoy patronizing people?

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #278
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
I don't think they are underestimating how people feel about color, because I really don't think the brass give a damn. You are correct, why employ art and color people when you continue to limit the color choices? It's stupid.

I'm sorry you feel that way-- but please don't say the brass don't give a damn - it's not true -- read the thread........
Old 12-19-2011, 11:53 PM   #279
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Read Scott's post about validating paint. They have contracts with certain suppliers. Apparently you don't know how much R&D costs... I never blamed the tsunami for "all of GM's ills." The tsunami was the reason CGM and IBM were on constraint and has a large part to play in the loss of the colors. Do you enjoy patronizing people?
thank you for your support - but as I've said many times- no matter what we do - you can't make people happy all the time - simply impossible to do so....Mustang, I'm sure, has people who get upset when they drop a color as well........

And when we do something that someone doesn't like, it's always easy to take a cheap shot such as "the brass don't listen" or "GM's going back to it's old ways" - which, of course is not true.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #280
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way-- but please don't say the brass don't give a damn - it's not true -- read the thread........
I did read the thread, Scott. I do not consider you the "brass" by the way. I mean that in all respect. I still want to know why GM can produce Synergy Green on the Camaro only in the same plant as the other cars, but is now reducing color choices on the Camaro because it shares a plant with other GM cars. It makes no sense to me, Scott...none at all.