Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 08-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #71
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Seems like this version is the one most favorable so I made some changes based on feedback. Believe it or not quite a bit was changed.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept2f.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  37.5 KB

I reduced the width of the car; especially the front fenders. Changed to the split horizontal stylized turn signals in the front. Put the Chevy logo in the center of the grill and moved the SS to the side. Because of reducing the width of the car the tires aren't quite as wide now but the wheel well extensions are more radical. Lower opening in the front is a bit wider. LED running lights in the lower front cutouts are not as wide. Revised the lower rear quarter panel scoops on the side view.

I think there may have been some other things I did but I can't remember right now. At any rate quite a few subtle changes were made.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #72
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Looking good.

Not sure if you removed them on purpose, but you lost the hard lines in the rear from your last image that I thought was cool. Something about the rear end just looks a bit bland to me....not the blackened area or the lights, but the white area. I just feel like something small, but noticeable should be there to break that up.

In the front, I'm thinking if you widened the raised part of the bottom of the upper grill it may look a bit better.

Funny thing is, is that the basic shape of that grill opening would be very close to the 2014 which I don't care for. Actually, its not the shape of the 2014 front opening I don't like...its what they did with the headlights and grille inside of it. Not to mention I don't care for the new fog lights or the housings either.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #73
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Might just be artistic license you took, but the front Chevrolet badge needs to be much more prominent if you're trying to achieve a production look.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #74
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
My favorite rendition so far. The only one that I have found that I may like equally is ... Reminds me of one of my favorite cars, the Audi S7.
Sorry but don't get me started on this monstrosity. It looks like a Bentleymaro. Yuck.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #75
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
As far as Doc's design I really like the spoiler that looks like it is missing a piece in the middle. I can't think of a car that has one like that and it fits with the rest of the design.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #76
FenwickHockey65

It is a unique spoiler but not sure how great the aero benefits will be.

Also, just another nitpicky thing if you're trying to get a production look. Most Chevrolets have five spoke wheels. It's a dumb standard that was established forever and a year ago but it's one thing GM has held on to until today for most Chevrolets.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #77

Drives: Getaway Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Here's a quick revision with a re-proportioned side view, revised front and back going with the traditional round lighting.
Attachment 541330

I'm working on a more futuristic side view and will hopefully have something to post up later tonight when I get home from work.

Can u say. Mitsubishi Eclipse? Used and worn out!
Old 08-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #78
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Great effort Doc, way to man up and subject yourself to criticism. Refreshing. So tired of the complaining membership... this thread is what is best about this forum!

Thank you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #79
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Looking good.

Not sure if you removed them on purpose, but you lost the hard lines in the rear from your last image that I thought was cool. Something about the rear end just looks a bit bland to me....not the blackened area or the lights, but the white area. I just feel like something small, but noticeable should be there to break that up.

In the front, I'm thinking if you widened the raised part of the bottom of the upper grill it may look a bit better.

Funny thing is, is that the basic shape of that grill opening would be very close to the 2014 which I don't care for. Actually, its not the shape of the 2014 front opening I don't like...its what they did with the headlights and grille inside of it. Not to mention I don't care for the new fog lights or the housings either.
Oh yeah, forgot to put that back. I noticed I also forgot to put the side marker light on the passenger side too. The raised part of the bottom of the upper grill is proportioned to flow upwards from the width of the lower cutout, and those two shapes together are reverse mirror shapes of the hood bulge. I know what you mean lol, when I was doing it I thought the same thing "this is kinda sorta like the refresh" except what I did is far more stylish and has curves to it. The refresh front has a flattened horizontal kind of look to it which is okay, but not very dynamic or emotional; it's just kind of "there". Compare the 3 fronts; the 2013 1LE, the 2014 refresh, and what I'm working on.
Name:  th-3.jpeg
Views: 675
Size:  9.2 KBName:  th-4.jpeg
Views: 693
Size:  10.5 KBName:  2016 Concept2f front.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  28.2 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Might just be artistic license you took, but the front Chevrolet badge needs to be much more prominent if you're trying to achieve a production look.
Yeah I stuck that in there because I realize if this is going to be produced there needs to be a logo for non SS or RS cars. I actually like the SS in the center better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
As far as Doc's design I really like the spoiler that looks like it is missing a piece in the middle. I can't think of a car that has one like that and it fits with the rest of the design.
I thought that was a nice variation. It's a duck tail flare that gives a hint of spoiler for cars that don't have one. I'll probably work up a spoiler of some kind that can work with that flare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
Can u say. Mitsubishi Eclipse? Used and worn out!
You have to be joking, right? Now see what happens when you smoke crack and post on a forum? You can get bizarre side-effects... like comparing my design to an Eclipse.
Name:  th.jpeg
Views: 681
Size:  7.9 KBName:  th-1.jpeg
Views: 664
Size:  8.4 KBName:  th-2.jpeg
Views: 687
Size:  10.8 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #80
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
It is a unique spoiler but not sure how great the aero benefits will be.
Probably minimal but it would be interesting to see what the effect would be in a wind tunnel.

Quote:
Also, just another nitpicky thing if you're trying to get a production look. Most Chevrolets have five spoke wheels. It's a dumb standard that was established forever and a year ago but it's one thing GM has held on to until today for most Chevrolets.
Really?? I didn't know that... and you're right, it's dumb. Why limit yourself when other designs might better lend themselves to an individual car style? Oh well... anyways I'll work on a 5 spoke version then.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #81
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
The front end is now on the right track. Looking good! I still think the lower grille needs to be larger and maybe circle blinkers in the grille rather than square.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:50 AM   #82
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Probably minimal but it would be interesting to see what the effect would be in a wind tunnel.

Really?? I didn't know that... and you're right, it's dumb. Why limit yourself when other designs might better lend themselves to an individual car style? Oh well... anyways I'll work on a 5 spoke version then.
It's one of those things you hear about and wonder, "Really? This is what you guys are worrying about?! "

Bob Lutz detailed that and a lot of other stupid standards GM clung to before bankruptcy in his last book.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #83
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Hey Doc, your latest versions look great. The front and rear look sharp. The side view; however, leaves something to be desired. To me, it looks Plain Jane. The 5th Gen looks fast sitting still, your side view looks very ordinary. I'm not quite sure what to recommend though. Good job! My favorite is still KMPrenger's pic from page 1.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 08-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #84
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
The front end is now on the right track. Looking good! I still think the lower grille needs to be larger and maybe circle blinkers in the grille rather than square.
Here ya go. Circle turn signals in front and the lower grill area is wider and a bit taller.
Name:  2016 Concept2f front2.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  39.1 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Hey Doc, your latest versions look great. The front and rear look sharp. The side view; however, leaves something to be desired. To me, it looks Plain Jane. The 5th Gen looks fast sitting still, your side view looks very ordinary. I'm not quite sure what to recommend though. Good job! My favorite is still KMPrenger's pic from page 1.

To be honest I don't really like that. To me it looks like a snow plow in reverse and a bit too cartoonish. However I hear you on the side view. I kept my design traditional along the lines of the 67-69 profile. One of the things I've been interested to find out is how far are people willing to go with a more futuristic shape and still accept it as a Camaro? It seems like the current version of my front and rear design is being fairly well received so I'll work on a less-conservative side view now.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation