Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-14-2015, 11:43 AM   #281
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Auto Blog Mag/ did I read it wrong.
Going back to their origins in the Swinging '60s, the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro have been fierce rivals for fans' hearts and dollars. Historically, the Ford often led in volume, but Chevy took the muscle car top spot in 2009 upon the Camaro's rebirth. However, with the launch of the latest Blue Oval pony car, the tide is turning back in Ford's favor.

November was the first full month of sales for the new 2015 Mustang, and according to TheDetroitBureau.com, the model did spectacularly well. The Blue Oval shifted 8,728 of them, up 62 percent from same month last year, with the automaker proclaiming it the model's best November sales since 2006. Conversely, 4,385 units of the Camaro were delivered, down 13.5 percent year-over-year, meaning its sales were roughly half that of the new-generation Mustang
It does not say how long that tide will shift in the Mustangs favor does it? It could be short lived when the 6th gen Camaro hits the market. We will just have to see...
Old 03-14-2015, 11:55 AM   #282
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
It does not say how long that tide will shift in the Mustangs favor does it? It could be short lived when the 6th gen Camaro hits the market. We will just have to see...
Given the underwelming reception the Mustang has gotten from its faithful I expect Camaro to retake the lead.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:27 PM   #283
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
What you all miss is GM is not in the financial shape you think its in. Mustangs are selling 2 to one over Camaro and that's why they have to make it a world car. Lighter and smaller with better fuel economy, something Europe will accept! They build cars to make money, not to satisfy everyone's needs, and 2014/2015 they had a lot of very low selling losing money model lines. example SS, Z/28. The list goes on!!

I have no idea of where you are getting this information from - but you are wrong on every point. Go look at the sales charts since 2010 -- (and if you want a REAL shocker, take out the mustang 'fleet' number...) We sell Camaro all over the world - 164 countries as I recall. Yes we make cars to make money - we owe that to our stockholders. But we have no 'losing money' lines.

I don't mean to be harsh or belittle you -- just setting the record straight.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #284

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Well, so far this year doesn't look all that great....last year was "close"....Unless this 6thGen is for sale pretty soon, don't know what would put the 15 Camaro back on top...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:07 PM   #285
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Yeah right now sales aren't even close..last yr ended with a slim victory. If they don't start selling gen 6 idk...
Old 03-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #286
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Well, so far this year doesn't look all that great....last year was "close"....Unless this 6thGen is for sale pretty soon, don't know what would put the 15 Camaro back on top...
You're correct YTD 2015 -- but that's to be expected with a new mustang - but look at the numbers from the fall of 2009 thru the end of 2014.
Further - Mustang puts many more vehicles into fleet (rentals primarily) than Camaro.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:13 PM   #287
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I would bet money this year was written off before it started. They are more concerned with long term sales over this year with an old platform vs a brand new one. Any idiot could see the Mustang had an advantage this year. Next year and the next 5 years will tell the real story.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:03 PM   #288
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
You're correct YTD 2015 -- but that's to be expected with a new mustang - but look at the numbers from the fall of 2009 thru the end of 2014.
Further - Mustang puts many more vehicles into fleet (rentals primarily) than Camaro.
Eh Those complaining are probably the same doom and gloomers that said the 14 refresh was a total failure...and we all know it wasn't.

I said it before, Mustang is selling way over its head right now, and the Camaro is still holding up to the levels it was before, so obviously the Camaro isn't losing any sales to the new Mustang, or the Challenger refresh. So in my opinion it can only get better when the 6th gen comes out while the Mustang has only one way to go..... Some people form opinions on short term results. I on the other hand would rather look at the big picture and the long term.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:04 PM   #289
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
So I am not wrong on every point???????
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #290
ssrs2lt

Ab 12 it's not gloom and doom it's what's happening right now.. I can't say gm figured to get whooped 2-1 this last quarter. That's the first time since 5 gen was introduced that Ford took sales control. I hope the 6 gen has the answer. I purchased 2 5th gens, I hope I'll want to purchase 2 more 6 gens..
Old 03-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #291
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Auto Blog Mag/ did I read it wrong.
Going back to their origins in the Swinging '60s, the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro have been fierce rivals for fans' hearts and dollars. Historically, the Ford often led in volume, but Chevy took the muscle car top spot in 2009 upon the Camaro's rebirth. However, with the launch of the latest Blue Oval pony car, the tide is turning back in Ford's favor.

November was the first full month of sales for the new 2015 Mustang, and according to TheDetroitBureau.com, the model did spectacularly well. The Blue Oval shifted 8,728 of them, up 62 percent from same month last year, with the automaker proclaiming it the model's best November sales since 2006. Conversely, 4,385 units of the Camaro were delivered, down 13.5 percent year-over-year, meaning its sales were roughly half that of the new-generation Mustang
Quote:
So I am not wrong on every point???????
Take a look at the graph. Sales are up on the Camaro YTD compared to the same time last year. 11,000 vs 17,000 is not selling 2 to 1. November (the first month the '15 Mustang was only sale) was the only month it was 2 to 1 and that's not a shocker. I mean what did you expect.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #292
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
Ab 12 it's not gloom and doom it's what's happening right now.. I can't say gm figured to get whooped 2-1 this last quarter. That's the first time since 5 gen was introduced that Ford took sales control. I hope the 6 gen has the answer. I purchased 2 5th gens, I hope I'll want to purchase 2 more 6 gens..
Let me ask you, has the new Mustang hurt Camaro sales in any way?
Has Chevy done anything to the 15 Camaro to increase sales over previous years?
Do you think Chevy would have sold more Camaros if there had not been a new Mustang come out this year?
Would you expect the Camaro sales to increase without Chevy doing anything to the car when it is competing with an all new model?
I bet GM is tickled pink that it hasn't dropped in sales.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 03-14-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:55 PM   #293
ssrs2lt

Fair enough I see your points, and they are valid. But new cars sales are all up this year but the camaro isn't keeping up with the overall sales trend. I want the camaro to rule that's why I'm concerned about the mustang taking total sales control. Here in va the local dealers can't keep them on the lots.. Which shows an evolution of body style does work for sales..Go Camaro
Old 03-14-2015, 06:23 PM   #294
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
http://www.vettetv.com/chevy-teases-...bratory-video/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation