Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-23-2016, 07:25 AM   #85
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
I spoke with Al about this. The fact that they share the plant with Cadillac is a factor. There aren't too many Cadillac owners that want a green Cad. Yellow already takes up a spot that Cadillac has yet to adopt. Go figure. Secondly there are a maximum number of paint colors they can run on the line so adding a color means essentially dropping something else. Al also said the robots have to be purged with solvent any time a color change is done so if they used a limited color like green it adds to the overall cost and time each instance that is done. The decision to run a color for a full year or half a year requires some forecasting and while he understands the demand may be there he did say that the designers who were present during the Factoryfest do take back the feedback when considering whether to do that in the future. Oh and one other thing the green Camaro is too popular and they would sell more cars which is not what they are trying to do.
I understand where Al is coming from, but IMO that's a lame excuse. Dodge shares the same plant with the Chrysler 300, and they have a ton of great colors available that you would never see on a 300. I understand this stuff costs money, and if they are sharing paint robots for both product lines that they have to take this stuff into consideration, but it is silly to say that they can't offer a few colors that are Camaro specific. I may not be in Al O's shoes, but I am willing to bet every dollar in my savings if they came out with a Hugger Orange ZL1 specific color or even just Camaro specific, it would be at least the 3rd most popular color. Why make an enthusiast car with only grandma's cadillac colors available?
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:31 AM   #86
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0311 View Post
I understand where Al is coming from, but IMO that's a lame excuse. Dodge shares the same plant with the Chrysler 300, and they have a ton of great colors available that you would never see on a 300. I understand this stuff costs money, and if they are sharing paint robots for both product lines that they have to take this stuff into consideration, but it is silly to say that they can't offer a few colors that are Camaro specific. I may not be in Al O's shoes, but I am willing to bet every dollar in my savings if they came out with a Hugger Orange ZL1 specific color or even just Camaro specific, it would be at least the 3rd most popular color. Why make an enthusiast car with only grandma's cadillac colors available?
Listen to the interview with Al on Thursday at the plant and you will hear me ask that exact question, "what's the likelihood of a ZL1 specific color? I.e. Krypton Green.

I hear ya brother.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:34 AM   #87
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Hugger orange with white interior. Simply a work of art.

Last edited by motorhead; 10-02-2016 at 11:53 AM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:36 AM   #88
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Listen to the interview with Al on Thursday at the plant and you will hear me ask that exact question, "what's the likelihood of a ZL1 specific color? I.e. Krypton Green.

I hear ya brother.
I'll definitely check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Pure magic. Wonderful color.
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:42 AM   #89
addisonpeterson
Bad Camaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT Convertible RS
I love the color.
addisonpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:03 AM   #90
BigEnos
Planning stages...

Drives: 1995 Z28,2014 Ford Focus ST
I keep hearing people say that the requirement is to share colors with Cadillac, but I don't see this color available on a Cadillac. I do see a dark emerald green (would look amazing on a Camaro with saddle interior), a dark blue, and a pearl white. I don't hate this color, but no way I'm choosing it over most of the others.
BigEnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:55 AM   #91
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEnos View Post
I keep hearing people say that the requirement is to share colors with Cadillac, but I don't see this color available on a Cadillac. I do see a dark emerald green (would look amazing on a Camaro with saddle interior), a dark blue, and a pearl white. I don't hate this color, but no way I'm choosing it over most of the others.
Not really a requirement but Cadillac has a similar color albeit a different name. I think it's called Retirement Blue. Lol

In person it is nice. I'm teasing.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #92
motorhead

Quote:
Not really a requirement but Cadillac has a similar color albeit a different name. I think it's called Retirement Blue. Lol

In person it is nice. I'm teasing.
That's what it's called on a Cadillac. On the Camaro its called Bengay blue.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:08 AM   #93
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
That's what it's called on a Cadillac. On the Camaro its called Bengay blue.
Now now let's not attack the old people, uh I mean youth challenged.

They have nice colors like

Osteoporosis Orange
Hyperextended Joint Pearlcoat
And my personal favorite I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up Red Tintcoat!
Old 08-23-2016, 11:11 AM   #94
motorhead

Quote:
Now now let's not attack the old people, uh I mean youth challenged.

They have nice colors like

Osteoporosis Orange
Hyperextended Joint Pearlcoat
And my personal favorite I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up Red Tintcoat!
Or my dad's favorite WHAT DID YOU SAY? white.

Although, I have that color too. Lol
Old 08-23-2016, 12:01 PM   #95
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
Yea they are sweet, but are going to take twice as long to clean than the ten spoke. Especially behind the spokes. I hope that Mother's all wheel cleaner works on those like it did on the others.
We had dinner with the designer of those wheels and had some big laughs about all the cleaning comments. I'm just happy these are exclusive to the ZL1 and GM won't be putting them on the 1LE like last time. They are my favorite Camaro wheel so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0311 View Post
I've been pushing and asking about Hugger orange for quit sometime. We've had a lot of inferno orange, orange seats and now the fifty cars with a version of orange and none of them landed on Hugger. However, I know it's a hot topic and I would not write off seeing a return down the line. One off colors can be done with other cars on the line. They did it in Oshawa with synergy green.

Quote:
^^^Exactly and GM knows this. Trust me on that one.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:03 PM   #96
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Oh and BTW... they were calling that color Blue Persuasion (engineering color). Not totally sure it will be Arctic Blue in the end.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:51 PM   #97
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEnos View Post
Its new for 2017, so you're not going to see it on 2016 configurators or brochures. GM also uses different names for the same colour, depending on the brand. So for the Cadillac ATS and CTS, its called 'Silver Moonlight Metallic'.

I don't see a dark green for either the ATS or CTS. If its on the CT6, XT5, or Escalade it has absolutely no bearing on whats available to the Camaro because those are all built at other plants. The Camaro only needs to share with (or take a vat away from) the ATS & CTS.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:03 PM   #98
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

If we worked in the design department it might seem obvious to simply ask Camaro owners if you were buying a new car what color would you want? If 50% of the people said white I'd say that's a pretty safe bet and I would produce white. The current polls are biased because they only show the color choices that are available though. They don't give an accurate representation of what owners would buy if it were available. If 50% of the public said they would buy Orange I wonder what the design teams response would be. It might be something like this. Oh you want Orange. Ok we are coming out with an awesome beige car. You're going to love it. I just don't think what owners want is number 1 on their list of priorities. SMH