Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #85
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
I just hope it doesn't have such a high belt line. The side windows are way too small in height. With no t-tops, the 5th gen hard top will always be a second choice cruiser with my '94 Camaro being first choice. "Cruising" on a warm weather summer day with the portholes-passing-for-windows is absolutely no comparison to being able to pop t-tops off in my 4th gen and REALLY cruise. Sadly, unless they went with a targa top I don't think I'll ever be able to own a hardtop Camaro again - convertible versions only moving forward.
I agree on the hope for the beltline, and about the convertibles...

And you have a point when pulling out of parking spots...but my Cobalt is no better when looking to the left, so I've gotten used to it, I suppose. Hopes, prayers.....or park somewhere else.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #86
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

Sometimes I feel we have unrealistically high standards around here...and every time a member of general public sits in my car and there eyes get big, I'm reassured my suspicions are indeed...true.

And the Camaro's interior did, actually...win an award. A pretty big one.
http://www.camaro5.com/camaro-wins-b...t-wardsautocom

**This post was an exercise in animated gifs...I spend approximately 10x the time locating appropriate images, than I did typing this message.
God, I know how that is bro
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #87
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
The 5th Gen. Camaro being referred to as "Cartoonish" is the first time i've ever heard that. I think it's pretty funny. I love how they made the 5th gen resemble a 1st gen. My favorite Camaro before the 5th gen was my 67 Camaro. I Love the design and style of the 5th gen Camaro. It's "Retro muscle" Old school looks with new technology and advancements. I think it looks way better than a Mustang/Challenger in my opinion.

I've had 1st, 2nd, 3rd and now 5th gen. Camaro's. Never like the 4th gen. too european looking for my taste. My son has a 93 Z28 and it's a nice car but like i said it never really did anything for me.

I agree that visibility is pretty bad when backing up especially when angle parked. The back up camera is awesome to have. It has helped me tremendously.

The windows are a little small but i love the way it makes the car look. It makes it a little more difficult going to a ATM /drive thru etc. but nothing too difficult. I can live with that.

I sure hope the 6th gen. keeps with the similar looks as the current model. No t-tops or hatch back. It needs less weight but keeping similar power. Hopefully along with similar power it will get better gas milage like the C7 Vette will have and i'm sure the next Generation V. LT-1 will be used in the 6th gen. I also hope they will have a 1LE option. Wish i had gotten it when i bought my car but that option wasn't out yet.

My next car will likely be the new C7 Vette but if the 6th gen Camaro is anything better than the current one i just may be persuaded to take a hard look at one.

Last edited by 06_warrior; 01-20-2013 at 12:47 AM.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:42 AM   #88
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I don't want many things to change but for me I'd like to see, in no particular order:

-HDD capacity Mylink (since you took away CD players)
-Front-end collision sensor (safety option)
-Blind spot sensors in mirrors (safety option)
-Heated steering wheel (option)
-Illuminated buttons for mirror adjustment (standard)
-Glove box compartment light (standard)
-Better fitment for cup holders
-Guide lines being displayed on mylink touch screen when reversing (option for those with back-up Camera)
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #89
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
targa,,,,,targa.....targa I loved my T-tops on both my silver anniversary trans ams.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #90

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy View Post
Like I said the reason of my post is to build a better Camaro.
I'm a Camaro enthusiast and love Camaros for what they are.
Fun,affordable,practical,sporty and good looking cars with a strong V8 under the hood.
The farmers Porsche as the germans say...
So all constructive criticism !
I really don't care if the 6gen will be modern,edgy and aerodynamic looking like the gen 3 and 4 or retro like the gen5 as look as the design is unique and says Camaro like they always did.
Let me explain what I meant when I described the gen5 as "cartoonish";
The inspiration for the gen5 was the first gen Camaro.
But while the 1gen still looks clean,purposeful and timeless the gen5 looks more like a cartoon of that car.Heavy,with a high beltline,low roof,high rear and huge c-pillars that create huge blindspots and bad visibilty which makes it harder to put the car on the right line on the racetrack,changing lanes,backing up and parallel parking.
A bigger and heavier car compared to the gen4 with a smaller trunk and no hatchback make it less practical in daily life.
The interior has lot of cheap plastic.Of course the gen4 had even more of that cheap stuff like a Mattel Barbie car.
As we know the new C6 will be build on the smaller and lighter Cadillac ATS platform and will have the new LT1 under the hood.Which is good.
I just hope GM fixes the other stuff too to make the new Camaro stylish and good looking but not at the expense of practicality be it trunk or visibility.
That is how I see it and the reason why I havn't upgraded to the gen5,yet,and might wait for gen6...
It's all good...
Other people drive makes and models of other cars that I would never buy...I'm sure you are not the only one who didn't like the Gen5 Camaro and therefore didn't buy one...

....I'm sure there will be some who won't like the 6th Gen either(and therefor won't buy one)....Like you say, it's all good...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #91
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy View Post
Like I said the reason of my post is to build a better Camaro.
I'm a Camaro enthusiast and love Camaros for what they are.
Fun,affordable,practical,sporty and good looking cars with a strong V8 under the hood.
The farmers Porsche as the germans say...
So all constructive criticism !
I really don't care if the 6gen will be modern,edgy and aerodynamic looking like the gen 3 and 4 or retro like the gen5 as look as the design is unique and says Camaro like they always did.
Let me explain what I meant when I described the gen5 as "cartoonish";
The inspiration for the gen5 was the first gen Camaro.
But while the 1gen still looks clean,purposeful and timeless the gen5 looks more like a cartoon of that car.Heavy,with a high beltline,low roof,high rear and huge c-pillars that create huge blindspots and bad visibilty which makes it harder to put the car on the right line on the racetrack,changing lanes,backing up and parallel parking.
A bigger and heavier car compared to the gen4 with a smaller trunk and no hatchback make it less practical in daily life.
The interior has lot of cheap plastic.Of course the gen4 had even more of that cheap stuff like a Mattel Barbie car.
As we know the new C6 will be build on the smaller and lighter Cadillac ATS platform and will have the new LT1 under the hood.Which is good.
I just hope GM fixes the other stuff too to make the new Camaro stylish and good looking but not at the expense of practicality be it trunk or visibility.
That is how I see it and the reason why I havn't upgraded to the gen5,yet,and might wait for gen6...
It's all good...
Old 01-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #92
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
PS the "C6" is a Corvette that's already out. C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, and C7 are all Corvette references/terms.

I think you meant the 6th gen.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #93
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
I would like to see:

Bi mode exhaust standard on V8 models.
Base model vette engine (LT1 V8)
Paint that doesn't scratch if you fart in it's general direction.
Functional vents (make em work or just leave em off)
A Z28 option 1LE type of car on the new Alpha platform.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #94
FNG
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: Rally Yellow 2012 ZL1
I love the 5th gen body so much that the thought of a 6th gen body change scares the crap out of me.

My wishlist:
  • NO DRASTIC BODY STYLE CHANGES!
  • Better / thicker clearcoat & paint... including the engine bay!
  • CAMARO brand put back on the steering wheel.. I hate the generic "chevy" wheel in the '12 & '13.
  • Ambient lighting option... across the entire dash & door so we don't have to mod it.
  • Head unit - Better (more reliable) iPhone / iPod connectivity.
  • Head unit - Plug & Play Android compatibility on par with iPhone/iPod.
  • LS7 Engine.
  • a mild Turbo / supercharger option for V6's
  • a Z28 model.
  • Functional slot on v8's
  • Halo option for fog lights & headlights.
  • thin LED side markers ( 5th gen Concept Style)
  • Sequential rear turn signals.
  • side markers that also function as turn signals.
  • Bowtie color options. (blacked out if requested)
  • Illuminated "home link" buttons.. so I can find the right garage door button EVERY TIME at night.
  • Improved HUD options.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #95
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
I would like to see:

Bi mode exhaust standard on V8 models.
Base model vette engine (LT1 V8)
Paint that doesn't scratch if you fart in it's general direction.
Functional vents (make em work or just leave em off)
A Z28 option 1LE type of car on the new Alpha platform.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #96
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
I'd like to see the color HUD from the new Stingray added to the next gen Camaro. That thing looks pretty sweet

Aside from that, I'd like to see them keep some retro styling, but also make it futuristic/advanced. Lighter weight would be nice.

Other than those, I'm confident Chevy will have another strong performer in the next Camaro. Their work on the Stingray has me pretty confident in that
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #97
adplusone

Drives: 2011 Cayman 2012 Suburban
Lose 400 pounds base curb weight

Lower the belt line to improve visability from driver's seat
adplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #98
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
I'd like to see the color HUD from the new Stingray added to the next gen Camaro. That thing looks pretty sweet

Aside from that, I'd like to see them keep some retro styling, but also make it futuristic/advanced. Lighter weight would be nice.

Other than those, I'm confident Chevy will have another strong performer in the next Camaro. Their work on the Stingray has me pretty confident in that
Stingray's design team and Camaro's design team are different I believe. So we shall all hope!...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation