Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 02-25-2017, 01:45 PM   #1
PK Auto Design

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet SS 1LE
Arrow Official PK Auto Design Wheel Thread | Weights | New Releases | Questions & Answers

Many have asked and we have listened, so here it is ladies and Gents, the official PK Auto Design Wheel thread.
We have spent years consulting with, developing, co developing and advising company's and manufacturers on what wheels work best for this platform.
Within these hallow pages you shall find The following from years of experience and knowledge From the leading Camaro fitment experts around.

Wheel Weights
Fitment guide
New product releases.

Official Question & answers:
You have a question feel free to ask and we will provide you the answer
FREE OF CHARGE
If we cant answer it we will find the answer for you.

Feel free to also reach out via PM, Email or phone for any questions you have

Email: Paul@pkautodesign.com
Phone: 818-408-6989
Direct: 818-632-8943

Last edited by PK Auto Design; 04-01-2017 at 12:40 PM.
PK Auto Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
This is awesome, you're a good resource Paul... and you have awesome prices on wheels & tires!
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:19 PM   #3
JRL1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Please tell MRR to make some 19x10 and 10x11's !!
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:52 PM   #4
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
ZL1 1LE wheels in either a 19 or 20 10 & 11" roto-cast forged or whatever it's called.
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #5
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
This is awesome, you're a good resource Paul... and you have awesome prices on wheels & tires!
Thanks brotha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL1LE View Post
Please tell MRR to make some 19x10 and 10x11's !!
MRR FS01 and FS02 wheels can be done in that fitment, if you have a specific style just let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenB View Post
ZL1 1LE wheels in either a 19 or 20 10 & 11" roto-cast forged or whatever it's called.
ill make notes and pass that on for meetings to see what we can do.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
JRL1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Auto Design View Post
Thanks brotha.

MRR FS01 and FS02 wheels can be done in that fitment, if you have a specific style just let me know.

I want 2017 SS 1LE replicas. I just called MRR, they have no plans to make any replicas in 19's. No demand they say, i guess track/autox is a small market.
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:55 PM   #7
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL1LE View Post
I want 2017 SS 1LE replicas. I just called MRR, they have no plans to make any replicas in 19's. No demand they say, i guess track/autox is a small market.
Ya their not going to make those in that size. but the FS01 and FS02 checkout and work great, ive done a number of them in that fitment for track usage.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:38 PM   #8
stook2001

Drives: 99 M3, 04 STi, 16 2SS
Ok, I'll throw out a few questions for yah

Any update on the Apex wheel option. If I recall correctly, around the holidays or maybe in January you'd implied that there might be some plans from Apex for the Camaro platform.

Any view on VMR wheels? Looks like some of their flow formed wheels could be an option for 19s.

Now that we've seen some guys running 19x10 et25 square setups, any thoughts on the Enkei RPF1 in this size? Model # is 3799101225SP. Not too sure what they weigh off hand or if these would even look decent on the Camaro.
stook2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #9
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by stook2001 View Post
Ok, I'll throw out a few questions for yah

Any update on the Apex wheel option. If I recall correctly, around the holidays or maybe in January you'd implied that there might be some plans from Apex for the Camaro platform.

Any view on VMR wheels? Looks like some of their flow formed wheels could be an option for 19s.

Now that we've seen some guys running 19x10 et25 square setups, any thoughts on the Enkei RPF1 in this size? Model # is 3799101225SP. Not too sure what they weigh off hand or if these would even look decent on the Camaro.
Lets do it !

Their considering it but we are still waiting to see what they say.

I used to work with VMR however I have not focused on their brand for sometime now. We are however working very closesly with brands such as Zito, RSR and such that have very well priced RF wheels.

I've always liked Enkei wheels, I can call them and see what they say for fitment but I dont see a issue for caliper clearance, offset checks out so does width.

Only thing will be the caliper weights on the SS would have to be removed for the 5th gen.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:48 PM   #10
stook2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Auto Design View Post
Lets do it !

Their considering it but we are still waiting to see what they say.

I used to work with VMR however I have not focused on their brand for sometime now. We are however working very closesly with brands such as Zito, RSR and such that have very well priced RF wheels.

I've always liked Enkei wheels, I can call them and see what they say for fitment but I dont see a issue for caliper clearance, offset checks out so does width.

Only thing will be the caliper weights on the SS would have to be removed for the 5th gen.
Thanks for your reply! If I may followup... Can you give a bit more detail about what Apex was contemplating? I'd reached out to them back in maybe November when I discovered that they might have done a small run of the 19x11s for BMW fitment. If they had any around, I offered to test out the fitment. Anyway, their email customer service left a bit to be desired. I really don't mean to slam them, I wouldn't take it that way. They were responsive but completely non-committal about the whole thing and seemingly not the least bit interested in working something out, at least not with me. I didn't take it as a negative reflection on the company or product but I did find it a bit mystifying at the time. I took it more as them being a bigger company than I might have realized from a product management or customer service perspective.

Anyway, it seemed to make a lot of sense to me since we could likely use the same fitment as the more niche BMW fitment... kill 2 birds with one stone, seems like a decent sized untapped market... This seems like it would be a great option for our cars since they are reputable wheels and it would be a good, lightweight and wide, 19" fitment.

However, I have some reservations about getting into a one-off group buy type situation with them, which they seem to be considering, since if I damage one of these special wheels it would be an issue getting a replacement. I realize there are no guarantees about long term availability for any wheel but this approach is a bit more risky than I'd ideally prefer. So, long story short, I felt like this was a good option to satisfy demand for both the BMW and us, ie. maybe they would be able to stock them if there was a bigger market, but there didn't seem to be a lot of interest in really exploring it with our community.

Last edited by stook2001; 02-28-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:40 PM   #11
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Is there anyone that does a 20x9.5 front with a 20x10-11 rear setup? I think a staggered setup like that would be really nice for a street / track car. Having 20x10's up front is tight to fit "properly"/nicely in the regular fenders and a 265 or 275 tire up front is plenty for grip.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:11 PM   #12
stook2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Is there anyone that does a 20x9.5 front with a 20x10-11 rear setup? I think a staggered setup like that would be really nice for a street / track car. Having 20x10's up front is tight to fit "properly"/nicely in the regular fenders and a 265 or 275 tire up front is plenty for grip.
I probably shouldnt answer since I am no expert but I'll throw out my 2 cents. Depending upon what you do with your tire sizes, you might get a bit more understeer with your approach. Might not be ideal for the track. Probably not important for street driving.

Personally, I think the square setups might make the most sense for anyone who is tracking their car. Even for a daily driver it makes sense from a tire rotation perspective alone. The offsets are a bit limiting and I feel there is a little too much poke with a 10" et25 but it's really not a bad option at all.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:48 PM   #13
PK Auto Design

Quote:
Thanks for your reply! If I may followup... Can you give a bit more detail about what Apex was contemplating? I'd reached out to them back in maybe November when I discovered that they might have done a small run of the 19x11s for BMW fitment. If they had any around, I offered to test out the fitment. Anyway, their email customer service left a bit to be desired. I really don't mean to slam them, I wouldn't take it that way. They were responsive but completely non-committal about the whole thing and seemingly not the least bit interested in working something out, at least not with me. I didn't take it as a negative reflection on the company or product but I did find it a bit mystifying at the time. I took it more as them being a bigger company than I might have realized from a product management or customer service perspective.

Anyway, it seemed to make a lot of sense to me since we could likely use the same fitment as the more niche BMW fitment... kill 2 birds with one stone, seems like a decent sized untapped market... This seems like it would be a great option for our cars since they are reputable wheels and it would be a good, lightweight and wide, 19" fitment.

However, I have some reservations about getting into a one-off group buy type situation with them, which they seem to be considering, since if I damage one of these special wheels it would be an issue getting a replacement. I realize there are no guarantees about long term availability for any wheel but this approach is a bit more risky than I'd ideally prefer. So, long story short, I felt like this was a good option to satisfy demand for both the BMW and us, ie. maybe they would be able to stock them if there was a bigger market, but there didn't seem to be a lot of interest in really exploring it with our community.
We dont know yet as they have not informed us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
That would be Forgestar wheels. You could do a staggered setup for track youll just go through tires more often depending on how much you track.

The Zl1 wheels you have now fit fine, the 285 tire you have however you need to adjust to a 30 profile instead of the 35 profile you have currently.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:39 PM   #14
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
I probably shouldnt answer since I am no expert but I'll throw out my 2 cents. Depending upon what you do with your tire sizes, you might get a bit more understeer with your approach. Might not be ideal for the track. Probably not important for street driving.

Personally, I think the square setups might make the most sense for anyone who is tracking their car. Even for a daily driver it makes sense from a tire rotation perspective alone. The offsets are a bit limiting and I feel there is a little too much poke with a 10" et25 but it's really not a bad option at all.
On a RWD car with as much low end torque as the LT1, a slight stagger is fine for the track. Within 30mm is fine depending on the car. Autocross you definitely want square or no more than 20mm difference. That's my experience anyway.

But, very true on rotations.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pkautodesign, question and answer, wheel information, wheels