Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #71
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
I myself am not against a Turbo 4 in the camaro i just think that they wont cause it would mean certain death for a Frs/brz competitor I.E. the code 130R cause they both would be price similar and even though the 130 R would prolly have around 200 to 215 hp and weight around what the Brz/Frs performance would be around the same or better. I think a V6 and a V8 powertrain is what the camaro will have if they come out with the 130R
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #72
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
Because a 2 cylinder Camaro would just be silly.

LOL
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #73
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...did not read the thread...Turbo 4 DI clean diesels provide a ton of torque and great fuel lileage. I have a VW TDI. It's amazing. Less mileage when it's cold, but up to 45 MPG highway otherwise.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #74
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...did not read the thread...Turbo 4 DI clean diesels provide a ton of torque and great fuel lileage. I have a VW TDI. It's amazing. Less mileage when it's cold, but up to 45 MPG highway otherwise.
Well I'm convinced. I'll be looking for a scion cube or a VW TDI for a 4banger to swap out my LS3. I'm just worried if I'll be able to handle the neck breaking acceleration. I'm sure all you ZL1 owners and LSX owners are thinking the same thing.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #75
OldScoolCamaro

....LOL, I guess,.... however the Corporate 4 turbo will get great fuel economy, and will be a nice base engine despite moronic commentary such as yours...., just sayin....
Old 02-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #76
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
No, the whole point is making the Camaro as good as it can be, not fiddling around trying to make it an all-around car, or trying to impress some dillweed who opposes V8's for "ethical reasons".

I'm sure there are people who'd like a station-wagon variant also, and probably another group that would love a Camaro pick-up. Should Chevy build their car too? After all, no one is forced to buy any particular variation, so car makers should manufacture every dumbass idea that crosses their mind. What could go wrong?

A 4 cylinder isn't needed or wanted. God only knows why you clowns keep zealously attacking anyone who points that out.
Whos doing the attacking?? I don't see attacking from the ones simply trying to point out why a T4 could be a good thing, or from those who try to point out that a T4 can actually be fun to drive.

Anyways...the comment is laughable at best. The point is making the Camaro "as good as it can be"....and your right. So WTH does adding a T4 to the line-up do to threaten that? I see absolutely no reason whatsoever why the next gen Camaro on Alpha with the LT1 V8 won't easily surpass the current car in performance...straight line and in the twisties. You seem to think that adding a 4-cylinder is somehow going to affect the performance of the V8 version....like GM is just going to somehow "water down" the name altogether.

"Well, they are adding a 4 cylinder. Guess Chevy just doesn't care about real enthusiasts anymore." Thats what you seem to be saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
His point is that you can't compare a heavily modded turbo 4 to a stock V8 in one sentence ("almost L99 power") and then tell the man he can't bring up the fact that the V8 has a warranty in the next sentence.

If you want L99 power, then get an L99 and a free warranty with it.
I don't think you got my point either. I said it before...I'll say it again. I posted that simply to show what could be done simply with a tune and nothing else. A real car guy might see those numbers and go "dang thats pretty good!" A close-minded person goes "well...A V8 will do that and still have a warranty". Don't make it out to be more than what it is. I did not try to imply that someone should just buy the T4, tune it, and be done instead of buying a V8.

Again, yes the warranty will be toast. Well big surprise there. How many of us here don't mod at all? If you are moding, you are risking your warranty. Nuff said.

Holy cow...I can't wait to see how mad some of you go when this car with the T4 is actually released.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #77
revychevy

Quote:
....LOL, I guess,.... however the Corporate 4 turbo will get great fuel economy, and will be a nice base engine despite moronic commentary such as yours...., just sayin....
I'm sure it gets great fuel economy, who is questioning that? Oh yea, that's right you didn't read the thread. Well as one of the resident V8 loving morons on this thread I have decided there is no percentage in arguing with people who want green Camaros, turbo 4 Camaros, Diesel Camaros, it's all superior to V8s. I'm not fighting the future anymore. Just waiting for the Kia hamsters to be in a Camaro ad!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #78
OldScoolCamaro

....wake up and smell the GOV. The shit is gettin' real as in a not to distant past phrase suggests..., look I want 8's forever, truth is it ain't happen', the modern DI motors... 4 or 6's, with forced induction will take over, not my decision. There will be the next Gen 5 8 cyl family, but at a premium,... sorry, but even though the climate is beyond turning around, the GOV will do it's best to further complicate our issues and pass the price down to the consumer. Welcome to the 21st century.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #79
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Seriously though, is it the number of cylinders or the performance?

Balanced handling, outstanding braking, torque? I have them all in a 3.0 Supercharged car that will run with an SS. My 2.0T Sky Redline? With the GMPP calibration it would also run with an SS (Woodward Dream Cruise, don't ask).

Muscle doesn't mean cylinders in the new world.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #80
OldScoolCamaro

Folks, as they say, it's baked in the cake..the new motors are going to rock, it's the change over factor that have the most vocal indualvistalic opponists concered about change....accept, not fear it..., why the worry?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #81
revychevy

If 4 cylinders are what we have to do, what about 4 cylinder Vettes? Is it impossible to make a Turbo V8? Everyone lauds the power of turbo 4 and turbo 6--do they not have Turbo V8's? Do the mighty turbo 4s outperform turbo V8s?!

Will we see a 4 banger Vette? People say it won't effect Camaro negatively, will it affect Corvette?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #82
OldScoolCamaro

...almost every time somebody makes some bizzare argument or contary comment about Z/28, ZL1, Vette's, turbo 4 or 6's, next generation whatever, its usually an insecure owner of a LS3, for whatever reason...it's gettin old.....

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 02-08-2013 at 09:50 PM.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #83
revychevy

Quote:
...almost every time somebody makes some bizzare argument or contary comment about Z/28, ZL1, Vette's, turbo 4 or 6's, next generation whatever, its usually an insecure owner of a LS3, for whatever reason...it's gettin old.....
Is it possible for you to have a discussion with someone who disagrees with you without being insulting pal, now THAT is what is old. I'm on a Camaro enthusiast site last I checked. So me liking an LS3 engine shouldn't get me called names. I didn't call you one so have some common courtesy.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #84
OldScoolCamaro

...Ok, Pal is a reach for first introductions on your part don't you think? I'm guessing but, 4 cylinder turbo performance engines have been around probably longer that you have been alive and have made impressive numbers. What's the issue?

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation