Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: would you make the deal?
keep the V6 12 33.33%
get the V8 24 66.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2014, 02:23 PM   #15
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
I would stay far away from this vehicle. Plenty of good enough reasons have been mentioned already, so I'll just say that it looks significantly worse than it should/could.

Save $5k and start shopping for a new 14'SS when the 15s start rolling in. I got my 1SS for under 32k in May, you should be able to steal one in August or September.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #16
L&M CAMARO 6

Drives: Just a fan for now
Miles are high and so is the price. Many things don't look right to me.
Run away fast and find a better one.
Best of luck.
L&M CAMARO 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #17
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I voted "Keep the V6", simply because of the miles on the SS and the radically different tire sizes. The miles are pretty high for a 2 year old (model year) car and... I don't like the tire mods the previous owner did (24s front/22s rear? - are you lidding me?). I would assume this car has been rode hard and tire sizes that out of whack with the factory setup cannot be good for the rear end, axels, etc. I would not even consider it.

Oh, lastly... those wheels are freaking ugly.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #18
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13umble13ee View Post
I have been looking for an SS for a while and want it to be at least a '12 or newer so I am not "trading down" but all the dealers are asking for 29k or more when the 14's are 32k out the door optioned how I want.
Wait until November (when the '15s are coming in). The '13 SS will then be in the high $20s with a lot less miles. PLEASE... don't buy this car!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 07-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #19
13umble13ee

Drives: 2012 1LS V6 LFX
Thanks guys! I have officially decided to pass. I was really leaning to yes but this many people can't be wrong. This is the 4th SS I have walked away from and its because of the help I found on this site. I hope ya'll are right about the prices coming down when the 15's come out cause right now even the 12's are still all the way damn near to new prices. I just want a 1ss rs with a m6 that was taken care of as well as I care for mine.
13umble13ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #20
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
I read 24s in the back 22s front...
Anyways if you don't know a technician/mechanic then they will charge Free-$150. Call around to a few places maybe even a chevy dealership. They will check suspension any leaks cracks around the exhaust system, a battery test, alignment to see if center, and then a test drive with the technician.

Also a car can be driven hard all is needed is manintince which will happen sooner. I believe I drive my car mix with slow city driving like a grandma not going over 2k rpm other times spirited around town. Sometimes taking it to the mountains working that suspension. Also autoX and 1/4. Nothing wrong with my car. Brakes are still good no leaks a/c is cold.

With that being said take your time no rush since all these 2012-14 Camaros will come down in value and you will/can get a good deal. Look on these forums for some that on sale with mods and are taken care of and maybe with less miles for a good price.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #21
PalmerGA

Quote:
Thanks guys! I have officially decided to pass. I was really leaning to yes but this many people can't be wrong. This is the 4th SS I have walked away from and its because of the help I found on this site. I hope ya'll are right about the prices coming down when the 15's come out cause right now even the 12's are still all the way damn near to new prices. I just want a 1ss rs with a m6 that was taken care of as well as I care for mine.
Just take your time, OP. I understand your being anxious to have a SS but there are a LOT of good deals out there. And when the new model years come out, prices on the older Camaros WILL DROP. Be patient. Don't make a major decision you may regret. We are here to help and LOVE IT when our fellow members get a great deal. They are out there.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #22
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
I would say not that paticular car. Upgrading is good, but I wouldn't trust that car. 22 on the front and 24 on the rear means either the ABS/Traction control has been tinkered with or disabled. The front and rear rims would rotate at a different speed, on an undoctored car this would cause issues with the ABS and Traction control. Corvettes actually have different size rims between front and rear, but their ABS and Traction control are programed for it.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #23
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
I would pass. Rentals are usually driven pretty hard, and this one has high miles. And I know everyone loves to customize their car with mods, but if I'm buying used I'm very leery about those mods. If they had the mods done at a shop and can give you the receipts for the work then it would be okay because that means the work/parts for the mod is guaranteed. If the owner did the work themselves then there's no way of telling if they did the job right. Their mistake could become your costly problem.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #24
jmonette04
BEE SS

Drives: 2012 Rally Yellow 1SS
Stay away....seems beat or ridden hard. There are plenty of deals keep looking. I recently traded my v6 for a 2012 1ss. It is well worth the wait
Old 07-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #25
Earnhardtfan77

Drives: Summit White 2012 1LT/RS
i would pass on that one..if you are set on getting a v8 get one thats in good condition with a good past
Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMaxx ported throttle body, RX catch can, Led Interior Lights, Led License plate lights, Hood Spears, Blacked Out Rear Trunk panel, Gills, Blacked Out Front Fascia, and Bow tie
Earnhardtfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #26
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Its smarter to wait, you have a GOOD LOOKING car bottom line.. I feel like that v8 itch can wait another year (I'm in the same boat).. When 5th gen prices decline and the 6th gen is introduced you should look into trading.. That way you don't kick yourself for not waiting for a 6th gen SS if you like it.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #27
13umble13ee

Drives: 2012 1LS V6 LFX
The guy with the SS called me this morning and when I told him I wanted to pass he tried to drop it down to 22500 out the door. I didn't even reply I just faked a bad connection and hung up. I feel like I dodged a bullet.... or rather a grenade.
13umble13ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #28
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Pass and find another V8 for a better deal.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote