Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #29
smhss

Drives: '11 Silverado, '10 Camaro 2SS...
Send a message via Yahoo to smhss
Eggggzactly. The 2012 interior makes me cry. Figuratively, of course. A pox on you who bitched about the 2010 steering wheel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Whenever I listen to (or read about) anyone crying about the interior of these cars, I roll my eyes.

Is anyone happy with the "redesigned" interior for the 2012? They put a strip of vinyl/leather on the dashboard, added some colored stitching, and put a steering wheel from a Chevy Cruze in there? You call that a redesigned interior? PLEASE! I like, no I LOVE the interior on my 2010.

And OP, I completely agree with you about the plastic debate. It is a superior material for the interior of cars based on your points above.
smhss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #30
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
I gutted the inside of my car and had it custom done in alligator skin, corinthean leather, and unicorn fur...... Who the hell cares about the dash when they are getting thrown into the seats from 400+ horses of acceleration
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #31
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
I am happy with my 2010s interior

Are there things that I wish were better about? Of course., but that is what the aftermarket is for.
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #32
Guyute

Drives: Black 6 speed SS
Unicorn fur, nice. I went with endangered Arctic Fox and Cook Inlet beluga whale for the leather.
Guyute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #33
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyute View Post
Unicorn fur, nice. I went with endangered Arctic Fox and Cook Inlet beluga whale for the leather.
Damn... they were out of whale when I ordered my alligator skin. Workin on white rhino leather wrapped steering wheel at the moment...
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #34
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
If you want to feel the dash, door panels, etc., then buy another car. Camaros never needed upscale equipment to be sold.

The only "tactile" feel you need is the steering wheel and shifter. If you're touching anything else in your Camaro while you drive it, you must be a resident of Whiny Beach. REAL muscle cars had metal dashes and hard plastic with hard foam backed pads, if you were lucky. And you didn't lean your arm on the top of the door in the summer without getting your arm toasted. Spend some mod money on upgrading your interior if you don't like what you get from the factory.

Between the 2010 GMC, 2010 Camaro, and the 2010 CTS Wagon, the interior materials pretty much don't make any difference to me.

If the 5th gen is your first Camaro, I can understand the whine. But if you've owned previous versions, it's actually a bit better than the older versions, IMO.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #35
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
We don't, it's just all the people who don't like the Camaro.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #36
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Some people are way too sensitive around here. There is nothing wrong with him sharing his opinion. I happen to agree with him.

So if your opinion isn't all rainbows and unicorns you shouldn't share it? I think not.

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:06 PM   #37
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
what company did you go to i want some of that. I bet the elfs up at santas factory will sell them. If you give them a coupon with the words NICE you get 10% off. I herd mustang owners got coupons with NAUGHTY on it witch gives them a 10% price incress

Old 08-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #38
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Uh oh its the opinion police. This thread is about why some people like or dislike the interior. So no one can post why they dislike the interior in a thread asking why people dislike the interior? That makes a lot of sense. The only opinion thats retarded and makes no sense in this thread is yours.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #39
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
It's no worse than many other cars. My only problem is that it is so dull. Soooo...I took some parts off and painted them to match the exterior. Cost 6 bucks, really brightens things up.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #40
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
It's no worse than many other cars. My only problem is that it is so dull. Soooo...I took some parts off and painted them to match the exterior. Cost 6 bucks, really brightens things up.
Thats the amazing thing about this car. It already is super epic car. Cheap mods to "enhance" not "improve" just "enhance" its all ready killer looks CHEAPLY TOO LIKE YOU DID. And the car is 10 times better. Give it alittle TLC and you will be massively reworded for it. I LOVE THIS CAR

Old 08-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #41
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipdistefano View Post
I was thinking about this the other day. Basically, the worst part about the plastic interior is that it doesn't look as nice as other materials. In every other way though, isn't it the best choice for an interior?

Plastic:
-Is super easy to clean
-Doesn't fade as easily as other material
-Is cheap
-Doesn't crack or warp easily like vinyl
-Doesn't tear or rip (can only scratch it)

My dad's 1988 Lincoln Towncar has vinyl-ish glovebox, and every car like his has a warped glovebox. My 1993 240sx doesn't have a cracked dash, but most 240sx's that are as old as it is have cracks all up and down the vinyl. I just don't see either of those things happening with the thick, durable plastic in the Camaro.
One word:

Perception.

It's the same reason that people instantly equate plastic with "cheap"...when the truth is quite the opposite in the case of the Camaro...and to take it a step further...what's wrong with "cheap"? Who does that offend? Hurt?
hmmmm...questions of the world...

Anyways:
Cars started with one goal in mind: function. They've since progressed to the point of Bentleys and Cadillacs where everything is either chrome, over-polished wood, or leather. Heavens, even Infinity has advertised their "silver dusted wood" interior trim pieces...

IMO...Camaro's interior looks really good, the controls and features all work real well, the seats are F'n COMFORTABLE...and you never forget what car you're driving when you're inside it.

It's a win.

P.S....one of my favorite quotes: "I don't fondle my dashboard".
Old 08-28-2011, 03:34 PM   #42
jimkerr

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible 2SS/RS
I have to agree because my personal opinion is that cloth seats look cheap. I would never have cloth after owning leather but that's just my opinion.

IN the end as long as YOU are happy with YOUR car then that's all that matters.

Jim
jimkerr is offline   Reply With Quote