Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #71
blackTT600

Drives: 2011 2LT M6 SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
WOW, so sorry for you...what is wrong with these people?...yikes!

:( :upset:
DAM bro, Im sorry. Id have called my insurance crying.
blackTT600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #72
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
They will get their karma.
Sadly that likely isn't true, vandalism has a very low clearance rate nationally. Its usually under 15% clearance rate, 15.7% here in Phoenix in fact. Its better to take measures to protect your car now than hoping people get caught in the act of, or after vandalizing a car.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #73
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
Sorry to see that...and now, being I'm in Virginia myself (Saw the HRCC tag) kinda nervous about mine...
yeah i live in VA as well. mine got egged...left some scratches...fml & **** those uncivilized assholes who did it.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #74
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
.....why???..... Some people don't even deserve to breathe.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #75
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
Sadly that likely isn't true, vandalism has a very low clearance rate nationally. Its usually under 15% clearance rate, 15.7% here in Phoenix in fact. Its better to take measures to protect your car now than hoping people get caught in the act of, or after vandalizing a car.
.....hence "a garage"
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #76
Zarko
Zarko

Drives: 2011 2SS Summit White L99
I know who did it. It was the ghost of HENRY FORD......
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #77
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
.....hence "a garage"
Yep that's what I did with mine, finally swallowed my pride and paid up for a storage space.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #78
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Saying it was a "Ford" owner or anything of the like is narrow minded and moronic. I drive a Ford, I know a lot of other people that drive and prefer Fords as well and not one of them would do something like this. OP, that sucks so bad and I know exactly how you feel. The dickhead(s) that did this either haven't had it done to their property or just don't care. Either way, they'll get their's and I hope the repair process on you all's cars is seamless and quick.
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #79
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketCutlass View Post
You guys may think I'm crazy for this, but what I used to do when I had my GTO was make a perimeter around it with those large galvanized steel trash cans in my driveway. I loaded them pretty heavily so the could not be picked up, only dragged. Reason being is because I was being targeted by some asshole repeatedly and it was costing me a lot of money. Also pointed my video camera at it at night that basically had motion sensor recording capabilities, meaning if someone walked into frame it would start recording. One night the camera recorded someone that walked onto my property and surveyed the driveway and car, and gave a trash can a tug to see how light they were, he threw small rocks at the car and walked away. I had no clue who he was, didn't look like anyone that lived in the neighborhood that I knew. I made another police report like I did everytime something happened to have it documented. I made it my mission to catch this guy in the act and nail him with everything I could. He would come back randomly and my motion sensor lights I installed over the driveway kept scaring him off so I decided to turn them off one night, but left the little alarm on in my room to wake me if he came back. Well he came back and the lights didn't go off so he stayed and he moved one of my trash cans which the noise from that and the motion sensor woke me up since my bedroom window is right above where I parked the car. I looked at the window and saw him next to the car and he started keying it. I calmly grabbed cell phone and called 911 while also grabbing my Colt 1911 Government model .45acp pistol and snuck outside to greet him. I got off the phone after letting the dispatch know everything while I observed him and moved around behind him, gun drawn and just waited for him to turn around. When he did his eyes widened, he grew pale and started shaking, and.... pissed himself . Then he looked like he was going to run and I calmly told him if he ran I was going to shoot him. The police arrived and I filed another report, showed them every last bit of evidence I had on this guy and took him to court for almost all the previous damages on my car since the damages were so similar to each other in each report. Got reimbursed for quite a bit of it which made me happy. I learned a few things about the reason why people vandalized other peoples property though. This guy had no clue who I was, he had just seen how much attention I paid to my car with all the washing and waxing I did (Phantom Black Metalic GTO...) and saw what it meant to me. So he simpley wanted to cause me stress. Other reasons that I have seen are jealousy and neglegence. Seen some teenagers walking by a mustang and say how bad ass the car was and they started vandalizing it and walked away laughing. Also seen a lady with her kids rest the door of her suv on a corvette while she loaded her kids, and her kids were putting their hands all over it and she kept bumping into it with the stroller and purse. The vette was far enough away that it could of been avoided. I still plan on buying a ZL1 when they come out, but I am glad all I have right now is my $200 Caprice. My overall point is people do this just because they know we care about our cars more than regular people. So until the laws and punishments for vandalization on personal property get more severe, we are going to have to live with this.
You're a better man than me, I would've simply beat him to a pulp. Back when I was in the military, I PCS'd to Korea for a year. I had my Trans Am in storrage, when I returned I spent a month on leave at home before heading to GA for my next assignment. Two weeks before hitting the road, some punk bashed my windshield in. A couple days latter while driving to get it replaced, I noticed 2 other F-bodies with damaged windshields in traffic. I swear, If I were to ever witness this happening to anyone's vehicle...
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #80
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2go View Post
You're a better man than me, I would've simply beat him to a pulp. Back when I was in the military, I PCS'd to Korea for a year. I had my Trans Am in storrage, when I returned I spent a month on leave at home before heading to GA for my next assignment. Two weeks before hitting the road, some punk bashed my windshield in. A couple days latter while driving to get it replaced, I noticed 2 other F-bodies with damaged windshields in traffic. I swear, If I were to ever witness this happening to anyone's vehicle...
I am with you.. guess us military guys think alike..
an eye for an eye.. you bash a car I bash your face
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #81
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
really sorry to hear that! if nobody else said this. make sure you get an OEM window for the 2011s with HUD because it is different than the non HUD windshield.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #82
Kathie63

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bosnian_Synergy View Post
Must have been a FORD guy, or group.
I wouldn't doubt it!

2011 Camaro 2SS RS

Black Stripes w/graphics
Heritage Grille
Splash guards
Embroidered headrests
Show and go license plate bracket
Gill Decals
Kathie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #83
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
I am with you.. guess us military guys think alike..
an eye for an eye.. you bash a car I bash your face
Well incase you haven't noticed, I too am military LOL . Simply beating this guy to a pulp would of been very satisfying, but it wouldn't of gotten me paid. I pretty much built a case against him over the time he was doing this to my car. Seeing him piss himself in fear was pretty satisfying too LOL. In Alabama, which is where I was before Okinawa, I could of legally killed him for intruding on my property. I would not have been able to sue him though. The retarded thing about Alabama is if I layed a hand on him and didn't kill him, he could sue me for his medical bills... So yeah I thought this whole thing through pretty carefully to get the results I wanted, and protect my ass. The lawyers run this world so you gotta play their game to get anything done.
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #84
smhss

Drives: '11 Silverado, '10 Camaro 2SS...
Send a message via Yahoo to smhss
Geez...crap like this is a major reason my SS was two years old last month and has only 3600 miles. I am very sorry this happened to you. I just don't understand the mentality of the losers of this world.
smhss is offline   Reply With Quote