Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-19-2015, 04:45 AM   #29
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
The new gen 5.2 looks good. Can't wait to see the performance specs
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:38 AM   #30
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
A few things I don't like about the Gen6 SS Camaro:

Exterior:

1. The mesh design on the front grilles (upper and lower) looks haphazard - I wonder if the grilles from the V6 versions will swap out.

2. The rear spoiler look like it belongs on a Honda - hate the "wing" look - someone will make a fortune producing a good looking spoiler that mounts flush to the trunk.

3. Not crazy about factory wheels - hope the satin black ones look a lot better.

Interior:

1. Console storage looks like an afterthought and appears to be even smaller than Gen5.

2. Cheap treatment with the plastic "SS" inserts on the front seats - hoping the production models will have embroidered stitching... or nothing at all.

Overall:

I really like most of what I see except as noted above (so far). Added performance goodies should for engine and suspension should minimize mods for those areas.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #31
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
Looks are subjective. I like a few styling cues from the 5th gen better than the 6th, but overall I think GM did a pretty good job with the styling. Some are gong to like it and some aren't. It looks like they did a good job updating and modernizing the interior. I never liked the location of the gauges in the console on the previous generation. They also did a great job adding the latest technology to the Camaro. In fact, as a C7 owner, I'm a little surprised that the Camaro's is so close to the much more expensive Stingray.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:51 AM   #32
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
What I think is interesting is right now there are some of the best cars ever built by GM Sitting on lots right now and a lot of you are starting to condemn them. LSA engines that you will never see again, LS7 engines that you will never see again. There are going to be a lot of great deals out there in the next few months. Go out and support GM. Will they maybe be another 1LE, ZL1, Z/28. Maybe yes, but maybe NO. I think these 2010-2015 is going to be the segment of cars that will be remembered and valued in 25yrs. MY opinion I think in time, down the road, the 6th gen is the car that broke away from the Heritage of Camaro. No styling cues from the original. Just like the 4th Gen did. and we all know what happened to that one!!! If all those cars get bought up I can guarantee they will replace them with 17-18 versions.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote