Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-25-2016, 07:13 PM   #29
StateOfMind415

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NFG M6 MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydmc View Post
can anyone confirm that Stealth mode is tied to Snow/Ice mode? I haven't seen that anywhere. that would be nice since going through the menus is not convenient.

also, if engine was shutdown while in Stealth (Snow/Ice?) mode -- will it keep the valves from opening overnight?
It's in the manual page 231

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...ers-manual.pdf

If you shutdown the car when it's in Snow/Ice or Track mode, it will reset to Touring mode by default when you turn the car on again. If it's in Touring or Sport Mode when you shutdown, it will stay in that mode.
StateOfMind415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:17 AM   #30
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
thats why he specified you need to go into ACC mode before you start the car and switch to snow/ice before firing it up
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #31
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
thats why he specified you need to go into ACC mode before you start the car and switch to snow/ice before firing it up
well that sounds inconvenient... bummer for the neighbors I guess.
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:50 AM   #32
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
I learned something new, I'll gladly go into ACC mode to make the change when I start up in the morning.

My driveway is only about 10 feet away from my neighbors house and there is no way that starting up in anything except Stealth wouldn't wake them up at 7 am every day.

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by merlin803; 10-26-2016 at 12:17 PM.
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:09 AM   #33
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
FWIW.. I tested this out yesterday. I did the ACC mode and changed the exhaust to Stealth. It still BARKS really loud when you fire it up. It did quiet down the rumble compared to the open valve sound but still not at all what I would call a stealth startup.
Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:13 AM   #34
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
That's what I thought...the valves are electric and when power is turned off they default to open, when you startup and power is just getting to the valves, they bark for a second and then close as they get energized.....even in stealth.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:18 AM   #35
merlin803

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
FWIW.. I tested this out yesterday. I did the ACC mode and changed the exhaust to Stealth. It still BARKS really loud when you fire it up. It did quiet down the rumble compared to the open valve sound but still not at all what I would call a stealth startup.
I have not tried that method yet but I did try setting all modes to Stealth and it starts much quieter now.

Not ideal but at least it is an option if your neighbors are coming out with the pitchforks, lol.
merlin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #36
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Yes. Stealth has to be set before you shut the car off.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:53 AM   #37
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimtasteek View Post
Are you able to engage Snow/Ice mode before starting up? I don't have my car yet but I do start work early and don't want to upset the neighbours if possible...
Your neighbors are going to love you! When you start the car in the morning, it is as quite as a mouse.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:18 PM   #38
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
I had a feeling this might be the case. It is hard to test different sequences as it only really barks when engine is completely cold... (i.e. first start in morning) I was going to test the menu setting yesterday morning, I held the Start button... but I did it wrong and the engine started... (vrrooom!) I gotta try again today.
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:34 PM   #39
StateOfMind415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
That's what I thought...the valves are electric and when power is turned off they default to open, when you startup and power is just getting to the valves, they bark for a second and then close as they get energized.....even in stealth.
When the car is off and in 'accessory mode' (push button light turns green), I can hear the valves mechanically activate when I scroll from 'Track' to 'Ice/Snow' mode.

Quote:
When you said it still "BARKS really loud" during start up in 'Snow/Ice' mode, did you notice a decrease in sound compared to any other modes? It's not going to be completely silent since this is a still a v8, but it should tone it down by ~30%.

With the NPP fuse back in and 'Engine Sound Management' settings is set to 'Auto', this has always worked for me to keep my car as quiet as possible. My current set up is borla x-pipe #60606 (2nd cat delete) to factory NPP and RotoFab CAI, so these mods increased the sound by a lot.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:36 PM   #40
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind415 View Post
When the car is off and in 'accessory mode' (push button light turns green), I can hear the valves mechanically activate when I scroll from 'Track' to 'Ice/Snow' mode.
Does not matter ....when you turn the car off, completely off, and walk away, the valves open up again, that's what causes the start up bark.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:48 PM   #41
StateOfMind415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Does not matter ....when you turn the car off, completely off, and walk away, the valves open up again, that's what causes the start up bark.
Yes that does happen, so you would need to re-enable Ice/Snow mode before you turn on the car to decrease the "bark" sound on start up.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #42
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind415 View Post
Yes that does happen, so you would need to re-enable Ice/Snow mode, before you turn on the car.
That won't work either because there's no power going to the valves for a split second,when you start the Car!