Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #15
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
So a month later and the OP never came back to report what was wrong?
Old 10-07-2016, 08:25 AM   #16
BCKTLST

Drives: 2017
Update. Got up this morning and both remotes are now working as normal. Brought it to the dealership for them to look at at will see what they have to say. Will post their finding later, but really expect to hear "well unless it's doing it now, we can't fix it"
BCKTLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 09:24 AM   #17
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
I had a "similar" incident about 6 weeks ago. Car was only a few days old, and the FOB was not working. (My second FOB was at home 30 miles away). I had to access the drivers door using the "key" contained within the FOB itself. Then the alarm starts going off, and for 10-minutes would not shut off. It finally shut off - maybe because there were numerous onlookers thinking I was stealing it
I did the same thing as the OP, and placed the FOB in the second cup holder. NOTHING. I moved it around and giggled it for a good 20-minutes, then BANG, the car started.
As soon as I got home, I called the Dealership, who advised me to bring it in. They could find nothing wrong, and my FOB has worked flawlessly ever since..........
This is just plain weird........
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #18
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
http://wardsauto.com/technology/radi...ey-fob-mystery
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:03 PM   #19
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
I have 300 miles on my 2017 SS Fifty Edition. I just had this happen to me today. I was washing the car and opened the doors to dry the door jambs. Once I shut the doors the car passively locked as normal. When I went to drive it again my FOB didnt work. I went and got my second FOB. Nothing still. I used onstar app to open my car and then to start it as well thinking maybe it needed a reset of some sort.

I put the fob in the cupholder and still cant activate the car. Says no FOB. So I use onstar app to shut off the car. THEN the car alarm starts going off and Onstar calls me to tell me my car may be getting stolen. I used the app to turn off the alarm. Once I shut the door after that the FOB started magically working.

Weird that so many people are having the same issue. I wonder if its onstar acting up or the FOB receiver inside the car. I'm not going to take it to the dealer because im sure I will also get the "well its working right now so we cant find a problem". However, if it acts up again I will take it in just incase I have to lemon law it.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:21 AM   #20
kseguin

Drives: 2017 2SS MRC NPP
I had a similar problem in my 50th 2SS. IT appears to happen when both fobs are near the car.

When we moved away from the vehicle with both fobs waited a few minutes and returned everything worked. This happened twice so far.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:14 AM   #21
Razzaa

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Key fobs stopped working!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
So a month later and the OP never came back to report what was wrong?

It still hasn't been fixed. I took it to service and they said they couldn't diagnose the problem because my radar detector was drawing power off the BUS. The fobs were also working when I took it in. I relocated the radar detector hard wire and I'm still having issues every once and awhile. I am taking it back next week.
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:58 PM   #22
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzaa View Post
It still hasn't been fixed. I took it to service and they said they couldn't diagnose the problem because my radar detector was drawing power off the BUS. The fobs were also working when I took it in. I relocated the radar detector hard wire and I'm still having issues every once and awhile. I am taking it back next week.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #23
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kseguin View Post
I had a similar problem in my 50th 2SS. IT appears to happen when both fobs are near the car.

When we moved away from the vehicle with both fobs waited a few minutes and returned everything worked. This happened twice so far.

I didn't have any issues with both FOB's. When the car was new I had both FOBs in and near the car without a problem. Then when I did have the problem the first time the 2nd FOB was nowhere near the car. Not saying that was not your cause, just saying I didn't have the same issue if yours was caused by two FOBs being close to the car.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:10 PM   #24
TrickracenLS3

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Weird, This just happened to me as well. Going to have it checked out tomorrow.
Current: 2016 Tahoe LT
Current: 2018 Mini Countryman S
TrickracenLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:25 AM   #25
Razzaa

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Key fobs stopped working!!!

Update: Service ordered a new remote receiver.

It will take a week or 2 for shipping. Once installed I will report back. I'm sure they will just throw parts at it till they find the problem. They told me GM hasn't had any issues like this on the 6th Gen yet so they don't have a fix.......
Razzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:02 AM   #26
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Good luck. hopefully that fixes your issues..

My RKE is useless where I live due to nearby radio interference. I always have to start my car at my place using the key in cupholder method or I get "no keyfob detected"
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #27
Neil350

Drives: Nike Air Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKTLST View Post

This is our first Chevrolet in many years and I am remembering why!
I know this sentiment all to well, I had several GM products for daily drivers, I got to know the service departments pretty well.
Neil350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:02 PM   #28
Jooseep

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 1LT V6 M6 Mosaic
This just happened me today while I was working doing deliveries. Luckily the last 2 deliveries were a few blocks from where I was so I had to walk and finish these deliveries by foot. But before doing that I had the same problem, fob didn't work, used onstar app to unlock, placed fob in the transponder console thing and nothing. Said eff it because I had to finish these deliveries within 30 mins, delievered then got back to the car then it miraculously started. I thought I was gonna have to tow it but thank God it started! Need to schedule an appt to see wtf is up!
Jooseep is offline   Reply With Quote