Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-24-2016, 12:59 PM   #71
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
just look at all the weaving ride along videos on youtube driving in 150hp fartcans
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:10 PM   #72
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedSS View Post
Lot of people have posted that drivers cant handle going from a slow sedan to an 8cyl muscle car...really??. These cars come throttled down from the factory and all the nannies are turned on so any newbie can drive it. Do you normally go WOT when backing your car out?...LOL. If you are in the 16-25 age group, statistically you are the most dangerous drivers regardless of vehicle.

A ZL1 or Z06...now those you should by all means ease into, definitely NOT a newbie car. Most if not all dealers will NOT let you even test drive these unless you are proven a serious buyer.

Its not the car that makes someone dangerous, its the driver behind the wheel. I can be just as dangerous in an Altima as I can in a SS. Silly to think otherwise.
Having just left that age demographic, and now owning a 2SS, this car is way too fast in the best possible way. I think about 3K RPMs is thighest Ive pushed it so far, and had plenty of fun at that limit (I have an 8 mile drive to and from work, with about 6 miles of highway, mostly ramps)

But Ive got buddies that don't drive like little old ladies (don't judge me for not wanting tickets) and Id hate to see them try and drive my car....
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:46 PM   #73
DisturbedSS

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Having just left that age demographic, and now owning a 2SS, this car is way too fast in the best possible way. I think about 3K RPMs is thighest Ive pushed it so far, and had plenty of fun at that limit (I have an 8 mile drive to and from work, with about 6 miles of highway, mostly ramps)

But Ive got buddies that don't drive like little old ladies (don't judge me for not wanting tickets) and Id hate to see them try and drive my car....
You still have the 81 corvette? Been shopping for a C3 or C5 I can play with

If you arent into parts swapping on your new 2SS, at the very least get a Jannetty racing tune on a SCT tuner. Just before I had a magnuson installed I was riding on his tune, man what a difference! Best thing is you can return to stock for service. Your buddies would be even more dangerous driving your car then
DisturbedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:56 PM   #74
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedSS View Post
Throttled back or not, your Camaro purchase was a good one! ....this coming from a guy who just did a Magnuson install and has to throttle back ALL the time.

Like I always say, every year the car manufacturers keep upping HP numbers, but speed limits never change. Sales tactics used by manufactures and 3rd party parts vendors to make $$$.

My thrills happen from zero-10 miles over the speed limit and on an occasional curved road course run. After 3-5 secs of thrill I can be WAY over the speed limit. Rarely go WOT and Ive always wondered why DD guys insist on adding mods for upper RPM range...when can you ever use it legally? 11 seconds on a track several times a year?...lot of $$$$ for 11 secs of fun.

Not all of us live in rural areas, have abandoned airstrips nearby and Fast & Furious is movie fantasy. And that just sux!! Can you imagine free access to an airport runway?...I would never leave.
Just come to Houston Tx at the "area 51" meets around midnight Wednesday and Friday nights lol You'll see where you can definitely go wot and 40-165 rolls lol. Time and place bro, time and place. If it weren't for this I would never had bothered buying a fast car. My last 2 cars were a 09 Z06 and 2012 ctsv wagon (both modded) and yeah I got my use out of the mods. I love Houston for this reason :-)
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:13 PM   #75
DisturbedSS

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Just come to Houston Tx at the "area 51" meets around midnight Wednesday and Friday nights lol You'll see where you can definitely go wot and 40-165 rolls lol. Time and place bro, time and place. If it weren't for this I would never had bothered buying a fast car. My last 2 cars were a 09 Z06 and 2012 ctsv wagon (both modded) and yeah I got my use out of the mods. I love Houston for this reason :-)
And here I thought nothing but dead aliens there...I live in the wrong state! We have 1 curved track here, but its a pay to play deal. Still searching for empty stretches of area not patrolled.

We have a TON off offroad places here, but Camaros arent exactly equipped for rock crawling.
DisturbedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:39 PM   #76
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookShow'84 View Post
Nonsense! I may be counting on those people to get rid of a nice one in a year or two.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:22 AM   #77
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Heck, I got just a little V6 (in a 5th gen no less) and this car is way too fast for the roads and conditions around here.

Really, I think even the V6 is almost too fast for most people as well. It might not have the low end torque punchiness of the V8, but it revs to the moon and the power just keeps on building as the rpms climb to 8k. I don't know when, but there has to be a limit someday in how fast these cars will eventually get.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:00 AM   #78
mbavon

Drives: 50 ann. Rs, V6, sunroof, nav, spl
Location: Rochester NY way upstate 3 hours from Toronto on Lake Ontario
My V6

I am very satisfied with my V6. It is fast enough for my needs and I average about 29 miles per gallon. I do not race so, no need for a V8. In my city you can get anywhere in the county in 20 min or less. I would have nowhere to use 455 horse power. It would be like me flying from my home in Rochester, NY to Buffalo, NY (60 miles). We would take off and before you know it, we would be descending into the Buffalo area in 7-10 minutes after we took off. I do not feel I made the wrong choice for me and my needs. My Nissan Maxima had 290 horse power so moving to 335 hp is quite substantial for me. Everybody makes decisions that are most going to do the best for them. I do like that I can use regular fuel. I have chosen to use 89 octane in my car because its in between regular and premium. And, I love my Gen6 Camaro 2017 Fifty Anniversary RS V6. auto.

Last edited by mbavon; 10-25-2016 at 11:06 AM. Reason: grammar
mbavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:13 PM   #79
TatsuSensei

Drives: 2016 RS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbavon View Post
I am very satisfied with my V6. It is fast enough for my needs and I average about 29 miles per gallon. I do not race so, no need for a V8. In my city you can get anywhere in the county in 20 min or less. I would have nowhere to use 455 horse power. It would be like me flying from my home in Rochester, NY to Buffalo, NY (60 miles). We would take off and before you know it, we would be descending into the Buffalo area in 7-10 minutes after we took off. I do not feel I made the wrong choice for me and my needs. My Nissan Maxima had 290 horse power so moving to 335 hp is quite substantial for me. Everybody makes decisions that are most going to do the best for them. I do like that I can use regular fuel. I have chosen to use 89 octane in my car because its in between regular and premium. And, I love my Gen6 Camaro 2017 Fifty Anniversary RS V6. auto.
Mine is a DD and the V6 RS is plenty for me. SS would get me in WAY too much trouble as I have a heavy foot to begin with.
TatsuSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:19 PM   #80
polbit

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT V6 Auto
I grew up on sportbikes, and for a long time no real world car could approach their performance. It is crazy to me that you can now buy a $35k car that is so quick, but also so much safer with all the nannies than cars just 15-20 years ago.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #81
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Heck, I got just a little V6 (in a 5th gen no less) and this car is way too fast for the roads and conditions around here.

Really, I think even the V6 is almost too fast for most people as well. It might not have the low end torque punchiness of the V8, but it revs to the moon and the power just keeps on building as the rpms climb to 8k. I don't know when, but there has to be a limit someday in how fast these cars will eventually get.
seriously?
Old 10-25-2016, 01:25 PM   #82
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

My previous daily driver 674 rwhp. It was adequate but still not enough. So at 455 to the crank on my 17 ss it's like driving a Camry hence why it's down now getting modded

https://youtu.be/Z0uZV5EYQpQ
Old 10-25-2016, 06:12 PM   #83
elementaltoad

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
My only regret is that I work from home now, so it sits under a cover the majority of the time...as do the other 5 cars. Then half the time we drive my girlfriend's Matrix because of the cargo room.

Outside of that, the 6th gen is a gorgeous, technological leap from my 4th gen cars. It has a great powerband, I love the NPP, and it saves me the cost of modding the exhaust off the bat. The TR6060 is a dream to shift, and the clutch is nice and light for extended drives in traffic. The stock 4 piston Brembos and MRC are great too. It's basically a factory built hot rod with a warranty. Love it!

I'm sure it's a fast car too, deceivingly so, my 4th gen TA is probably just a more raw experience. But since I'll be in break in mileage for the next year, I haven't stomped on it. Though I wouldn't worry about an experienced driver unfamiliar with the car driving it normally. It's really docile and easy to handle. I'm sure I'll find quirks and end up taking it to the dealer for some warranty work here and there, but kudos to GM for building my dream car and putting it at a price point that finally got me on board.
elementaltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:29 PM   #84
moonrider

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by polbit View Post
I grew up on sportbikes, and for a long time no real world car could approach their performance. It is crazy to me that you can now buy a $35k car that is so quick, but also so much safer with all the nannies than cars just 15-20 years ago.
I have been riding inline 4 sportbike bikes for over 20 years and there's no way my 2SS comes anywhere near the acceleration of any of the bikes I have owned.
I have a Vtwin with almost 200 HP and only weighs 395, so I'm not impressed with the acceleration of the Camaro.
moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote