Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2015, 02:01 AM   #57
carnaud

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS w/Mods
"Honest" mistake my ass. They write tickets for no reason whatsoever because, contrary to popular belief, THERE IS a quota system. They just hope that people would rather just pay the fine than have to skip work and show up in court (multiple times mind you). It is a complete racket. Scr3w these guys. I would send a registered letter with a copy of the ticket and state that if they persist in perusing the matter that they can expect a counter suit claiming damages and legal fees. Surprisingly it does work half of the time...they probably lookup your credit rating to determine if you are even remotely capable of following through with a counter suit and weigh the possibility that their extortion won't work.
carnaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:11 AM   #58
knowitman
Camaro fan since birth

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Having been a certified law enforcement officer in Florida...I will comment on this in a general manner.

It takes upwards of 6 to 12 months depending on municipality for a single parking ticket to default and the vehicle owner to be notified.

If they have your plate AND your VIN...its obvious that your vehicle was there. I can see the absence of a vin and only a plate number on a ticket as reasonable doubt...so it's obviously clear your vehicle was there.

I'm not saying you are guilty of the infraction...but if you're so damn adimate that you're innocent...prove it.
I don't know what temporary tags are like in Florida, but my temporary tag had the VIN number hand written on the tag.
knowitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:28 AM   #59
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
I got a letter in the mail today from a collection agency that I owed $3490. It also said the originating debtor was Best Buy...hell, I don't even have a Best Buy account and the closest Best Buy is 75 miles away! This is what gets me! When the purchase was made...I was in freaking Cozumel on vacation!

You see where I'm going?

When you determined a silver Nissan was attached to the ticket, end of story. Your problem was over 9 weeks ago once you proved reasonable doubt. You prove you dont, nor ever owned a silver nissan. LEIN will show what vehicle have been registered to you. If the reporting agency states silver nissan...you prove that you don't nor ever owned one. Secondly, timecard from work...thirdly, complete affidavit from your cell phone provider triangulation your cell position. Extreme yes...but very effective.
You are obviously part of the problem with the legal system. You just want to find everyone guilty with no proof needed.

1st Pretty hard to show proof I never owned a car. What exactly do I show them to prove that? 2nd is I work second shift so that wouldn't prove anything since I was home when the supposed violation occurred. 3rd the cell phone thing isn't going to prove anything since the only thing that supposedly is in violation is the car, not me. 4th Why exactly would I bother starting a thread telling everyone what happened if it were a lie. It's a FACT that not me nor the car was anywhere near there.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:21 AM   #60
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
Well I went on www.browardclerk.or to look it up and it has my citation number on file.

I just called the number listed. She told me it was issued at Fort Lauderdale airport. I haven't been within 75 miles of there in over a year. Not to mention I only bought this car less than 2 months ago and havent left town with it. They have both my vin and dealer temp plate number. I don't get how this can happen.
your car's identity was stolen. :p
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:44 AM   #61
hoinjgv

Drives: ford
Chris, it sounds like a scam. Can you tell us what the letter says and what it is asking you to do specifically?
hoinjgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:24 PM   #62
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Banshee, have you ever pursued and arrested the driver of a speeding black Challenger?

I would have a lot more sympathy towards the parking enforcement officer's side of the story if it were not for the fact that I have been issued absolutely bogus parking tickets in my time. 100% bullshit, not even attributable to a mistake: Simple revenuing, ie, extortion.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:40 PM   #63
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoinjgv View Post
Chris, it sounds like a scam. Can you tell us what the letter says and what it is asking you to do specifically?
I'm at work so I don't have the letter on me but I did look up the citation number on this website https://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/.../Welcome2.aspx so it seems like a real ticket. Only people scamming me are the ones in the Broward County Parking Division.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:41 PM   #64
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Banshee, have you ever pursued and arrested the driver of a speeding black Challenger?

I would have a lot more sympathy towards the parking enforcement officer's side of the story if it were not for the fact that I have been issued absolutely bogus parking tickets in my time. 100% bullshit, not even attributable to a mistake: Simple revenuing, ie, extortion.
I just received a parking ticket last week. I parallel parked and was right against the curb. I was within the length of the parking spot as well. The front markings were located in a freshly painted area that (though there was no sign) was marked as a loading zone. The nose of the car was into the "loading zone" area, but still short of the forward markings of the parking spot.
When ticketed, the completely ignorant officer had no excuse for the conflicting situation on the roadway, and indicated it was not his problem. I then informed him what an embarrassment he was and asked him how he slept at night. I get he is a bully and this is how he gets his rocks off, and he has my sympathy for being such a pathetic human.
I will not respect idiots, whether they have a badge or not.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:48 PM   #65
MostWanted

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I've seen motorcycle cops sitting right past off ramps on I-12 in Baton Rouge giving tickets to people exiting the interstate too early. In other words...their passenger side tires drove over the far right painted line. I suppose they were ticketed for "traveling" in the emergency lane. Ridiculous.
2015 Camaro ZL1 (#1090)

MostWanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:37 PM   #66
CrazyRED

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Having been a certified law enforcement officer in Florida...I will comment on this in a general manner.
Ah, yes, county corrections officer
CrazyRED is offline   Reply With Quote