Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-23-2015, 09:55 AM   #141
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
LGX has start-stop?

Oh boy...
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #142
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post

I know the LGX has a lot of HP for a V6, heck it has HP numbers that will put it equal to or better than most any Camaro V8 before 2010. How ever it has one small problem. Its that fuel saving ability that it has when sitting at a full stop. The engine shuts down and restarts when you hit the accelerator. I hope that can be turned off by the driver because I can see that start up affecting your 1/4 mile numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
LGX has start-stop?

Oh boy...
It will be turned off in sport mode, as well as the 4 cylinder mode. I haven't actually seen confirmation of that, but I'm about 95% sure of it b/c it just makes sense, and two, the corvette does not go into 4 cylinder mode in sport mode either. I can see GM carrying down that trait to the Camaro. (ss and V6)
Old 05-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #143
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
If you look in the Chevrolet Performance catalog under the Camaro parts you will see the ZL1, 1LE and Z/28 parts that they offer you to upgrade the V6. http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...s/1le-zl1.html http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...parts/z28.html But if you look at the motors that are in the catalog you wont find any support upgrades for the LLT, LFX or the LGX. You will find that the LTG is listed as a crate motor. If its a crate motor GM will produce upgrade parts for it because they see it as a motor with race potential.

Look I love the V6, I own the V6, but I have been watching this play out. I will explain, (keep in mind that this is pure speculation based on tea leafs and patterns found in the powdered sugar on a doughnuts.)

2010 - 2015 Chevrolet Camaro V8's ran these engines.
6.2 L LS3 V8 (Manual SS only)
6.2 L L99 V8 (Auto SS only)
6.2 L LSA V8 supercharged (ZL1)
7.0 L LS7 V8 (Z/28)

When you look at the V6 you will see
3.6 L LLT V6 (2010–11)
3.6 L LFX V6 (2012-15)

(The hobbling comment comes from the fact that GM wont support a V6 long enough for after market to grow for that power-plant)

And now the V6 has a new 3.6 L LGX. That is 3 engines in 7 years and non of those 6's was a turbo.

I know the LGX has a lot of HP for a V6, heck it has HP numbers that will put it equal to or better than most any Camaro V8 before 2010. How ever it has one small problem. Its that fuel saving ability that it has when sitting at a full stop. The engine shuts down and restarts when you hit the accelerator. I hope that can be turned off by the driver because I can see that start up affecting your 1/4 mile numbers.

As for the wheels on the 6th Gen V6 and T4, I was not referring to the diameter. You can get 20" rims with the RS package just like the ones on the SS, but unlike the SS all 4 of the V6 and T4 tires are the same width. I'm not sure how that may affect upgrades.

I do know that the 5th Gen stance is the same LS, LT and SS
It may be in the catalog but that doesn't mean you van buy a brand new v6 with 1le or zl1 suspension.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #144
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
It may be in the catalog but that doesn't mean you van buy a brand new v6 with 1le or zl1 suspension.
I am sorry if I confused anyone. I did not mean that you could order the car with the parts pre-installed. I meant that if you have a V6 5th Gen you can now upgrade it with 100% compatible parts, that would not void your warranty.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:27 PM   #145
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I drove Malibu 2.0t with start stop for 2 weeks horrible like bizaro stated. Start stOp ain't cutting it in the camaro. I hope prenger is right about it being turned off...I drove an Audi in Germany standard trans and it had start stop...did I mention start stop is not my thing lol..end of rant
Old 05-24-2015, 11:09 AM   #146
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
How does that 3.6L do in the ATS? I drove the 2.0T but never got into a 3.6L.

I was really wanting an ATS for the wife but she talked me out of it and we got a smoking deal on a ridiculously low mileage G8 GT instead.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Funny, 3yrs ago we bought her a CTS, but we were shopping G8s, as well! She loved the G8s, but for some reason, every one we came across was just trashed. We ended up with a CTS.
Last Feb, we sold her CTS and bought the ATS. I REALLY LIKED THE 2.0T. It didnt have Ny of the "start/stop" mess, so I cant speak for that. I wanted the 2T just so we could mod it a little. But we ended up with the 3.6. It is more powerful than the 2T, but you cant really tell till on the highway. The 3.6 RUNS. Like, shockingly so. Im really impressed. I think its 323hp or something like that(slept since then) and it pulls hard all the way to the top of each gear. Just stay away from the 2.5NA(which is the "Entry" or "Base" engine). Its a slug.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:15 AM   #147
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Funny, 3yrs ago we bought her a CTS, but we were shopping G8s, as well! She loved the G8s, but for some reason, every one we came across was just trashed. We ended up with a CTS.
Last Feb, we sold her CTS and bought the ATS. I REALLY LIKED THE 2.0T. It didnt have Ny of the "start/stop" mess, so I cant speak for that. I wanted the 2T just so we could mod it a little. But we ended up with the 3.6. It is more powerful than the 2T, but you cant really tell till on the highway. The 3.6 RUNS. Like, shockingly so. Im really impressed. I think its 323hp or something like that(slept since then) and it pulls hard all the way to the top of each gear. Just stay away from the 2.5NA(which is the "Entry" or "Base" engine). Its a slug.
Yeah, the first ATS I drove was the 2.5L it was horrible. The 2.0T felt fast until I got back into my Camaro. LoL

In my mind the 3.6L with the sport package was going to be perfect. I even found a dealer near me that had a few to pick from that were corporate demos but she talked me out of it.

I don't regret the G8 GT but feel the Caddy would have been the better choice...

Wanna swap? J/K

Old 05-24-2015, 11:38 AM   #148
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Yeah, the first ATS I drove was the 2.5L it was horrible. The 2.0T felt fast until I got back into my Camaro. LoL

In my mind the 3.6L with the sport package was going to be perfect. I even found a dealer near me that had a few to pick from that were corporate demos but she talked me out of it.

I don't regret the G8 GT but feel the Caddy would have been the better choice...

Wanna swap? J/K

As much as she loved the G8, I think she is TOTALLY sold on her ATS.
Her favorite part???? Heated steering wheel. Gotta love girls!

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:30 PM   #149
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
As much as she loved the G8, I think she is TOTALLY sold on her ATS.
Her favorite part???? Heated steering wheel. Gotta love girls!
Pretty sure that's what would have happened to my wife if I had pushed the issue and gotten one...

Old 05-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #150
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I got a new 2013 Buick Verano with the 2.0t as a loaner car for a couple days a couple years ago. Not the same engine, it had the LHU, but not sure of the difference between the LHU and LTG.

I know the Verano was rated at 250hp, and 260tq, A6, less the the Camaro is supposed to have and the Verano was FWD. I thought, "Man this thing is going to be a turd," but it was surprisingly "fun" to drive, especially once the Boost kicked in.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:43 PM   #151
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I got a new 2013 Buick Verano with the 2.0t as a loaner car for a couple days a couple years ago. Not the same engine, it had the LHU, but not sure of the difference between the LHU and LTG.

I know the Verano was rated at 250hp, and 260tq, A6, less the the Camaro is supposed to have and the Verano was FWD. I thought, "Man this thing is going to be a turd," but it was surprisingly "fun" to drive, especially once the Boost kicked in.
That's probably because the Verano is Cruze size and I think it only weighs in the 3300lb range. I thought they had more power than that though. Thought I read at least 290TQ for a 2014 MY.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:01 PM   #152
LilAndyG23

Drives: 1989 Chevrolet C1500
What I think ford will do (fill in the blank)
Hmm that's a great title... What I think ford will do is scrap the coyote once again like they have down with every engine and create a new motor, but it won't happen u till the next mustang comes out which by the way I believe will lose some weight, because I believe the gen 6 will in every way out perform the lackluster new mustang. But what sucks is the general public see the mustang and they say "dang that's a nice looking car" and go buy a mustang.
But the true gear heads will know by a long shot that the camaro is much superior.
LilAndyG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #153
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAndyG23 View Post
Hmm that's a great title... What I think ford will do is scrap the coyote once again like they have down with every engine and create a new motor, but it won't happen u till the next mustang comes out which by the way I believe will lose some weight, because I believe the gen 6 will in every way out perform the lackluster new mustang. But what sucks is the general public see the mustang and they say "dang that's a nice looking car" and go buy a mustang.
But the true gear heads will know by a long shot that the camaro is much superior.
Lackluster new Mustang?

The Mustang has sold between 12,000 and 13,000 cars for the last three months. It's a great car, very fast, it looks good and is still very affordable for what it is. Don't stick your foot in your mouth with the "true gear heads" talk. A true gear head drives what they want, regardless of the brand.

For a car to survive it must be a great CAR first, IE the base models (V6's, turbo 4's, etc etc). It doesn't matter how great the SS, GT or R/T is, if the base cars are terrible, the car is going to fail. On paper and in reality the late 4th gen Camaro SS and Z28 was a superior car to the Mustang, but it wasn't the Mustang that went out of production due to terrible sales and being a terrible CAR.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:46 PM   #154
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAndyG23 View Post
The Coyote is due for a replacement in a few years, just like the Gen IV V8s were. It is called progress.