Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #1219
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
What track was this comparison on? Because the 'R' is a different animal that the base GT350. I believe it was Motor Trend that tested both at Laguna Seca, and the 'R' was 2 seconds quicker! So that 1 second loss to the C7 Z51 might have been a win for the 'R'.
Car and Driver tested the C7 Z51 and GT350 TP in 2016

Quote:
and (Z51) a quicker lap than the GT350 by 1.3 seconds over Big Willow’s 2.5-mile length.
https://www.caranddriver.com/compari...ray-z51-page-2
--------------------------------Corvette Z51 -------------------------- GT350TP
Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 292
Size:  51.1 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 01-01-2018 at 05:32 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:25 PM   #1220
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
As much as I love the GT350, I would take a Grand Sport any day of the week over it. That is hands down my favorite variant of the Corvette and I love that it's available with an automatic. Would love the limited edition one in gray with the blue interior.

I do have one question, why is everyone so obsessed with "this beats that at the track" and magazine times, when 95% of the people who buy one won't use it to the potential? Even less actually bring them to tracks/road courses. More people go drag racing than actual track racing.

Absolutely, Drag racing has more relevance for the high number of everyday street drivers versus the few in the road course crowd. These are the roots of Camaro and mustang, street racing/drags and 1/4 mile tracks. Have to stick with the GT versus the SS, leave out the GT350 and the 1LE cars which are for a totally different purpose. The GT350R is even more irrelevant as it has a even more focused high performance track purpose which seems to bring Corvette into the discussion. SS versus GT, keep it simple.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #1221
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Looks to me like all the excitement has died down. The GT did not do what the Mustang guys wanted it to do. Granted it has improved by a leap and a bound. But it wasn't enough to beat the Camaro. So all that remains is for the PP2 to come out and then the GT500. At this point tho Ford should have the advantage seeing as how the SS and SS 1LE will remain unchanged while the GT will be able to get tweaks in the time before it's release. So we'll just have to see what happens. If the GT PP2 can't beat the SS 1LE all things considered then that will be an epic failure, lol! Regardless at least the trolls are in full retreat!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:24 PM   #1222
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Looks to me like all the excitement has died down. The GT did not do what the Mustang guys wanted it to do. Granted it has improved by a leap and a bound. But it wasn't enough to beat the Camaro. So all that remains is for the PP2 to come out and then the GT500. At this point tho Ford should have the advantage seeing as how the SS and SS 1LE will remain unchanged while the GT will be able to get tweaks in the time before it's release. So we'll just have to see what happens. If the GT PP2 can't beat the SS 1LE all things considered then that will be an epic failure, lol! Regardless at least the trolls are in full retreat!!
In all seriousness, I cannot see how the PP2 can be faster than the base GT350, which we can safely say is slower than the 1LE(I can see Newmoon asking for the link now). It will turn better than the GT350, 305 Cup 2's will guarantee that. But its down what.....65+ horsepower?

I can't imagine the extra grip can make can close the gap, the GT350 would have to have a lot of room for improvement if all it took for the GT to catch it is Cup 2's and a small power bump.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:42 PM   #1223
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
And the A10 trans! Looks like Ford isn't playing around, lol!! But again, it will have been 4 MYs by the time this comes out that Ford hasn't been competitive. So while it might have some jumping for joy I still say that this is something that should have been done some time ago.

As far as numbers go. If it does have 750 with the A10 then I'm thinking we'll see high 10 sec quarter mile times. That is they don't throw a shitty tire on it...FORD. And I'm thinking it'll be faster than everything except for the Demon, ZR1, and cars like the GTR, R8, etc. But I bet the price will be north of $75K. Maybe into the $80K range. And it won't have a sunroof option and probably not as many options as the ZL1 and HC/Demon. I hope it is more like $70K or less because then it would be hard to turn down. You guys might actually see me trading in the ZL1 and heading over to M6G, lol!! And then I'll swing back over here starting shit and trolling you guys!!
If the car is equipped with all the stuff the article mentioned then I think your numbers might be spot on. And if that is the case, it better perform like something special.

I think Ford will go Ford route though and some stuff like the CCB might be optional, but if its A10 and 700 + HP looks like it should be pretty damn legit.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:57 PM   #1224
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
If the car is equipped with all the stuff the article mentioned then I think your numbers might be spot on. And if that is the case, it better perform like something special.

I think Ford will go Ford route though and some stuff like the CCB might be optional, but if its A10 and 700 + HP looks like it should be pretty damn legit.
Don't worry, Ford will do what Ford does best and stick a 285 on the back of the 500. haha.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #1225
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Don't worry, Ford will do what Ford does best and stick a 285 on the back of the 500. haha.
honestly that wouldn't shock me, but it appears Ford has realized that good tires can make a hell of a difference judging by PP and PP2 tires.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #1226
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
I do have one question, why is everyone so obsessed with "this beats that at the track" and magazine times, when 95% of the people who buy one won't use it to the potential? Even less actually bring them to tracks/road courses. More people go drag racing than actual track racing.
Dick sizing. Even on a drag most people can't control their cars properly to begin with (Crowds vs mustangs). Would anyone get further in life than the guy driving beside them just cause they have more HP? Nope, but the satisfaction behind it is what justifies it. Knowing they have the quicker machine is the same shit whether they can use it to its potential or not.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:47 PM   #1227
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
I don't think many mustang guys were saying the mustang was going to outright slay the camaro. Most have said simply that, after 2 years, the mustang has caught up with the camaro. Which I believe to be true. Ultimately, I think the camaro would win most races down the 1/4, But the mustang is equally capable in the right hands.

I don't think the PP2 will catch the 1LE. I think it'll still be a tick or two behind, but still be competitive enough overall.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2018, 03:50 PM   #1228
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke.Malvo View Post
I don't think many mustang guys were saying the mustang was going to outright slay the camaro. Most have said simply that, after 2 years, the mustang has caught up with the camaro. Which I believe to be true. Ultimately, I think the camaro would win most races down the 1/4, But the mustang is equally capable in the right hands.

I don't think the PP2 will catch the 1LE. I think it'll still be a tick or two behind, but still be competitive enough overall.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #1229
Hasti

Drives: 2017 Hot Red 2ss Auto adrenaline
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I expect the A10 will get moved to the Camaro soon, mainly because it is the best transmission they have for automatics. Additionally, aside from Cadillac, the only other vehicles that use the A8 are trucks.

All of those vehicles will benefit more from the A10 than the A8 anyways.
Well the corvette including the zr1. Its used in most of their vehicles, all the suvs, trucks, Camaro corvette, ats cts. the ten speed is in the zl1 only. From a bean counter perspective they would keep the a8 this generation due to the massive retooling required to make more of them to fit into current cars. I think it goes into the next gen
Hasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:50 PM   #1230
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
In this instance, we were acknowledging the S550's signature accomplishment. The 1,468 GT350Rs produced in 15/16/17.

Everything else was to draw attention to what Chevy has accomplished with the gen6 Camaro which is nothing short of spectacular. World class...really

Quote:
Chevrolet Camaro V-6 / SS / ZL1 Coupes
...Camaro will demolish your preconceptions, one corner at a time.

...About that chassis. It’s one of the best in the world, with the kind of preternaturally intuitive steering, faultless brakes, and overall balance you’d expect from a Porsche.

...The ZL1 is a supercar that just happens to look like a Camaro.

A reputation is a hard thing to live down. Perception often lags reality, and the reality is this: Camaros are among the most sophisticated driver’s cars in the world. And three consecutive years on the 10Best Cars list proves that this Chevy isn’t just great at attacking a corner, it has also turned one.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/2018-10best-cars-the-best-cars-for-sale-in-america-today-feature-chevrolet-camaro-v-6-ss-zl1-coupes-page-4

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:01 PM   #1231
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
In this instance, we were acknowledging the S550's signature accomplishment. The 1,468 GT350Rs produced in 15/16/17.

Everything else was to draw attention to what Chevy has accomplished with the gen6 Camaro which is nothing short of spectacular. World class...really
Trust me, the rest of the world views it as barely above a Gen 3 trailer park queen. It's a fantastic handling car and a great performer..but it doesn't carry a a single ounce of prestige or status..

It's just a Camaro.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:38 PM   #1232
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
In all seriousness, I cannot see how the PP2 can be faster than the base GT350, which we can safely say is slower than the 1LE(I can see Newmoon asking for the link now). It will turn better than the GT350, 305 Cup 2's will guarantee that. But its down what.....65+ horsepower?

I can't imagine the extra grip can make can close the gap, the GT350 would have to have a lot of room for improvement if all it took for the GT to catch it is Cup 2's and a small power bump.
Agree with everything said, but the cup 2's do some serious improvements. The GTPP2 could very well out handle the GT350. Because the GT350 will be gone for 2019, the thought is that the much better (than the 15,16,17) 2018 GT replaces the outgoing GT350 imo. Plus the 2018 GT received other tweaks other than HP and Cup 2's for braking and handling. Personally I hope the SS1LE will still conquer the GTPP2, if not all Camaro needs to do is to be fitted with the R spec eagle F1's which is the competitive Goodyear tire to the Michelin cup 2's
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote