Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-08-2016, 03:14 PM   #43
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowmasterMufflers View Post
Here's a clip of the new Flowmaster American Thunder Dual Mode Axle-back (NPP) exhaust system for the 2016-2017 Camaro SS (Part #817746). Let us know what you think. We look forward to your feedback.

Im in yaw!!!!!!!
One question do the Npp valves come with these mufflers??
Old 11-10-2016, 11:04 AM   #44
Uf28denied

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Hey flowmaster can we get an answer on drone inside the car please! I like the sound so far from the videos but it's my daily so I want to know about this before I buy. Thanks
Uf28denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:25 AM   #45
Whitemaro6

Drives: 16 Summit white, Ceramic white 2SS
Hey Flomaster give us a black tip option!!

Sincerely everyone!
Whitemaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:51 PM   #46
Uf28denied

Quite a few people asked about this going back for a while now!!! Guess by them not even answering that helped make up my mind!!!! At least for which one I'm not buying!!
Uf28denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #47
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
https://youtu.be/AGPbWDgFWUc

Found one more video about Flowmaster's exhaust for gen6 Camaro. No discussion/claim of "no-drone" with dual mode muffler, when valve closed.

I liked the sound of this system the best among aftermarket NPP system but I don't want to deal with drone on long distance drive. I've been asking about drone a few times (even on their youtube video) but no answer from them at all. I guess I should stop whining and forget about Flowmaster. Moving on......
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #48
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=watkHcWYCUI

Interesting to compare just the Outlaw system with the NPP system. After to listening to both videos the straight Outlaw system has a more deeper tone which I actually prefer.

I think I'm going with the Outlaw system and removing my NPP completely. For what the NPP system costs I can have the Outlaw system installed on my car with quad tips so it fits the NPP valance panel.

Current Vehicle:
2001 C5 Corvette

Previous Cars:
2009 C6 Z06
2008 C6 Z51 PKG
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:34 PM   #49
megaphone

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Can we get some scientific tests? Such as Db levels of this system compared to stock. I want something that is louder than stock. But the response from flowmasters is lacking so not holding my breath
megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:30 PM   #50
FlowmasterMufflers

We apologize that it has taken us a while to get back to some of you. If you have an urgent question, please do not hesitate to call us at (707) 544-4761.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uf28denied View Post
Hey flowmaster can we get an answer on drone inside the car please! I like the sound so far from the videos but it's my daily so I want to know about this before I buy. Thanks
Our American Thunder Dual Mode Axle-back system will increase sound levels inside of the vehicle in touring mode as well as in track mode. As with any of our 40 Series mufflers (this system features Delta 40's), resonance will be present to some degree. Is drone a huge issue with this system, not especially, but everyone has different opinions and preferences when it comes to sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
Can we get some scientific tests? Such as Db levels of this system compared to stock. I want something that is louder than stock. But the response from flowmasters is lacking so not holding my breath
This system is more aggressive than the factory system in both modes. Unfortunately, because many factors can affect the accuracy of a dB reading (distance, environment, dB meter used, etc.) we do not provide those figures.
FlowmasterMufflers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:20 PM   #51
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedSS View Post
How do these compare is sound aggressiveness compared to the Borla S-type, stainless works and Chevys own performance muffler upgrade? (all non-NPP) I know some of this is subjective.

Im looking to lessen the rasp Im getting with the S type and kooks LTs with HF cats. Less exhaust noise would be a good thing for me!

I realize most guys probably want the opposite. Thx
Magnaflow comes to mind. A lot of their systems are softer and almost no rasp. In fact I find them rather weak, but if you're looking to cut down on rasp and noise then it may be right up your alley.

Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:07 PM   #52
Blk16SS

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowmasterMufflers View Post
We apologize that it has taken us a while to get back to some of you. If you have an urgent question, please do not hesitate to call us at (707) 544-4761.

Our American Thunder Dual Mode Axle-back system will increase sound levels inside of the vehicle in touring mode as well as in track mode. As with any of our 40 Series mufflers (this system features Delta 40's), resonance will be present to some degree. Is drone a huge issue with this system, not especially, but everyone has different opinions and preferences when it comes to sound.

This system is more aggressive than the factory system in both modes. Unfortunately, because many factors can affect the accuracy of a dB reading (distance, environment, dB meter used, etc.) we do not provide those figures.
Does it make power?
Blk16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 12:20 AM   #53
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Flowmasters are the shit. The Outlaws and Super 10's has a deep and muscular sound. My Super 10's does drone on Sport/Track and I added a J-pipe. With the J-pipe the drone isn't bad at all. Tour/Stealth has no drone whatsover.

But, keep in mind there is no rasp, just a stronger, deeper NPP which is what I wanted. SW sounds good as well.. Magnaflow doesn't really enhance the sound of the engine and have their own tone.

Super 10's and Outlaws don't play lol

My review here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ght=flowmaster
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:46 AM   #54
megaphone

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
Flowmasters are the shit. The Outlaws and Super 10's has a deep and muscular sound. My Super 10's does drone on Sport/Track and I added a J-pipe. With the J-pipe the drone isn't bad at all. Tour/Stealth has no drone whatsover.

But, keep in mind there is no rasp, just a stronger, deeper NPP which is what I wanted. SW sounds good as well.. Magnaflow doesn't really enhance the sound of the engine and have their own tone.

I am not familiar with flowmasters, are super 10 and outlaw in the same class of sound with them? If so did the sound increase in the cabin? I love the npp I just hate how I have to put my rear seat down and have the windows down to get a good listen.
megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:48 AM   #55
somewhatdamaged

Drives: 16' 2SS M6
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post

Hi there,
Thanks for the info - any chance you can post some pics of the J-pipe setup and describe the tubing used? Thanks!
somewhatdamaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:54 AM   #56
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
I am not familiar with flowmasters, are super 10 and outlaw in the same class of sound with them? If so did the sound increase in the cabin? I love the npp I just hate how I have to put my rear seat down and have the windows down to get a good listen.
IMHO, they're almost identical with Outlaws being very slightly louder and Super 10's being deeper. Both are deep sounding mufflers.

With both, your Tour/Stealth sounds like Track/Sport in the cabin (maybe a bit louder). Then you can only imagine what Track/Sport will sound like

Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american, axle, dual, flowmaster, npp