Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 08-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #211
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I've struggled like crazy with the roof line on the side view. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to move a line just a slight bit and suddenly you've gone from a Camaro to a Mustang fastback. I'm not entirely happy with the location and side-view profile of the cabin. I've moved it forward, backward, up, down and I still can't find that sweet spot where it looks "right". But hey... it's a work in progress.
I think you can play with the shape of the quarter glass a little maybe raise the angle of bottom edge to get that Camaro triangle shape and use more (heavier) C Pillar to stretch the back without the fastback look.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #212
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

I've struggled like crazy with the roof line on the side view. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to move a line just a slight bit and suddenly you've gone from a Camaro to a Mustang fastback. I'm not entirely happy with the location and side-view profile of the cabin. I've moved it forward, backward, up, down and I still can't find that sweet spot where it looks "right". But hey... it's a work in progress.
I the roof line looks really great! I don't think it needs much more tweaking, although I'm not saying you couldn't possibly make it any better either.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #213
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
I am liking this design but of course I have to tinker with it.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2013, 12:52 AM   #214
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
I am liking this design but of course I have to tinker with it.
LOL welcome to the addiction; no matter how many changes I make, I keep messing around with it too hehehe.

HOWEVER...that being said....this is getting REAL CLOSE to what I envision for a 6th gen Camaro.

I tweaked the roofline for the umpteenth time and I think I finally got it this time; this looks "right". I put the suggested lower body reverse coke bottle waist line in. I moved the side mirrors to the doors. The side view now has brakes. What brand are they? Why they're the STOP! brand of course! A little designer humor...I know... very little; don't quit your day job, etc. This design stays with the sleeked down upper rear body line which works well with the lower reverse coke bottle waist.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept9a.jpg
Views: 1781
Size:  164.1 KB
I think I'm going to leave this alone and start working on an appropriate back. You know... modding a design like this is almost as satisfying as modding my car and it's a helluva lot cheaper!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-21-2013, 01:50 AM   #215
ssrs396

[QUOTE=Doc;6922509]LOL welcome to the addiction; no matter how many changes I make, I keep messing around with it too hehehe.

HOWEVER...that being said....this is getting REAL CLOSE to what I envision for a 6th gen Camaro.

I tweaked the roofline for the umpteenth time and I think I finally got it this time; this looks "right". I put the suggested lower body reverse coke bottle waist line in. I moved the side mirrors to the doors. The side view now has brakes. What brand are they? Why they're the STOP! brand of course! A little designer humor...I know... very little; don't quit your day job, etc. This design stays with the sleeked down upper rear body line which works well with the lower reverse coke bottle waist.
Attachment 548562
I think I'm going to leave this alone and start working on an appropriate back. You know... modding a design like this is almost as satisfying as modding my car and it's a helluva lot cheaper! [/QUOTE

Looks good. I cut my a pillar a bit deeper because it lengthens the look of the back ala testatossa. It is easy to get addicted but I think you have nice design and I hope you use 4 small round tailights ala 70-73 camaro. It has always been one of my favorite designs.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #216
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Okay here's the last last revision (I think). Fixed the area at the base of the windshield. Added lettering to the tires. Fixed the lower front side view to match the perspective view. Adjusted the door shape.

That's it. I really mean it this time. Actually I want to do a 3/4 perspective from the rear view so that along with an actual rear view will be my next project.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept10a.jpg
Views: 1260
Size:  231.7 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #217
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Okay here's the last last revision (I think). Fixed the area at the base of the windshield. Added lettering to the tires. Fixed the lower front side view to match the perspective view. Adjusted the door shape.

That's it. I really mean it this time. Actually I want to do a 3/4 perspective from the rear view so that along with an actual rear view will be my next project.
Attachment 548660
Looks good but I am not feeling the gills as they are drawn, I think they would look better longer, thinner, stair stepped and curved to match the wheel arch, like we have now.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #218
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

Attachment 548660
Nice! Now I really like the side profile...completing the "reverse" coke bottle look as you called it is pretty dang cool if you ask me. That will add more of the character in the side I was looking for in your design.

I'll be curious to see the rear end view.

If I had to put my money on the final real design from GM...I'm expecting there to be more modern/futuristic looking "vents" as I'll call them with LED lighting on the front end...sort of like how the SS sedan and the new 2015 Mustang is looking. But I'm not sure I could come up with a good design for that myself that looks modern without going overboard. You've got a good template to work with for sure.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #219
ssrs396

Quote:

Attachment 548660
Looking racy mang!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #220
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Looks good but I am not feeling the gills as they are drawn, I think they would look better longer, thinner, stair stepped and curved to match the wheel arch, like we have now.
You know I debated about that. I wasn't sure if that would be too dated a look; too retro. This particular design seems to lend itself better to less curvy gills. Believe it or not the ones I have on there now are curved somewhat; just not as much as the 5th gen. These are intended to be functional not just a styling gimmick so they need to be wider than the 5th gen gills.

Anyways here are 3 versions; D1a has your idea with the gills taller and more curved. D1b has my idea with straighter gills but I did make them narrower and taller. D1c has a NACA style side scoop just to show what that might look like.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept10bv.jpg
Views: 1929
Size:  200.2 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #221
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

This is it; I've spent hours going over details to see if anything looks off but I can't find anything at this point. The only thing I'm not 100% happy with is the front running lights in the grill, but that's a minor point. The major shapes are done. I've finished various details and included an aero package of sorts. This looks "right" to me. I'm working on a top view and from there I'll do a rear view, then a 3/4 perspective rear view. By the way... I took the red stripe on the side out while working on something and the car still looks good without it, so that could be an optional graphic.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept 10-final.jpg
Views: 1766
Size:  85.4 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #222
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
I like every thing but the grill this looks good and with the rear spoiler great touch
Old 08-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #223
SS22

Drives: 2010 Blue Camaro RS
Its a nice looking car, but I dont think it advances the Camaro design. I dont think it is bold or aggressive enough. This car looks alot like concepts that were on the internet before 2006. This car also reminds me of a Corvair (I dont mean that as an insult like some may think) with its rounded c-pillar and the way the backlight flows into the trunk. Theres no way the 2016 camaro will look like this in my opinion. But you have created a cool looking car !
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #224
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS22 View Post
Its a nice looking car, but I dont think it advances the Camaro design. I dont think it is bold or aggressive enough. This car looks alot like concepts that were on the internet before 2006. This car also reminds me of a Corvair (I dont mean that as an insult like some may think) with its rounded c-pillar and the way the backlight flows into the trunk. Theres no way the 2016 camaro will look like this in my opinion. But you have created a cool looking car !
It does advance the Camaro design; if you're looking for a sleeker, cleaner, refinement. If you're looking for comic book/movie car dramatic looks with gimmicky cutouts, curves and bulges then no; this does not go in that direction. It's actually bolder and more aggressive than you think. If this were a real car sitting next to a 5th gen, you'd see the more purposeful road GT look which is what I was going for here; an evolution of the Camaro from just a 1/4 mile standing start car, into a much more capable design. A car that's not just fast in a straight line but continues to dominate when the road curves. This car not only feasts on Mustangs, it adds BMW's to the menu.

Corvairs were great and got screwed IMO by gotcha, sensationalized bad press that vastly over-dramatized what was fixable and wound up killing what otherwise was a pretty good car.

It's going to depend a lot on what they're thinking at GM. After seeing the refresh where details were smoothed out going for a cleaner look; bulges flattened (front grill area) for a sleeker look, it may just be the direction they're looking to go in for the 6th gen. They want to keep that 40% marketshare and that includes male/female and a wide range of ages. They can't go too aggressive/bold or they risk alienating a lot of that 40%.

I think they're going to stay somewhat on the conservative side so what I've designed fits that but keep in mind rules #1 and #2: Rule #1. You can't please everybody. Rule #2. When you think you have a great design, see rule #1. 60% of the market isn't going to like this but that's okay if you have the other 40%; you're making money and can survive.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation