Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

AWE Tuning

Old 04-04-2022, 09:14 AM   #1
17ss1LE

Drives: Chevrolet camaro
Looking for San diego mechanic or shop recommendations

Hi everyone I've had my 1LE for a little over a yr and love it!. I've recently started getting some cold start misfires along with flashing cel. Looking for a local mechanic that loves working on the 6.2s.

Last edited by 17ss1LE; 04-04-2022 at 01:23 PM.
17ss1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 07:25 AM   #2
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Red barn racing seems to be pretty good up in temecula. Also heard good things about Excelsior motorsports in escondido. Although Excelsior seems to be more familiar with the corvette lt1 and lt4 platform. If your able to, maybe check plugs and wires first to rule it out before any major expenses at a shop.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 07:55 AM   #3
17ss1LE

@Evansa22 I plan on doing the plugs this weekend already got everything purchased. Thank you for taking the time to share I will keep these saved for future reference ��
Old 04-06-2022, 05:11 PM   #4
Evansa22

So the driver side is super easy, plenty of room for activities. Obviously looking at the passenger side, you think how the hell is this gonna happen. So a little secret I was told the other day from a good LT tech goes as follows, remove the little L bracket holding all the wires and hoses on the front passenger side of the engine, then pull the valve cover on that side. He said you have all the room you could need. I personally got it done without removing the valve cover but did suck the coolant reservoir dry and remove it, was still a pain.

Bracket is right next to the oil separator, there's a pic of the bracket
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2022, 07:20 PM   #5
17ss1LE

@Evansa22, did them today thank you so much for the advice and pictures you attached. I ended up finding a YouTube video that was very helpful. I removed the front hose off the coolant reservoir and took off the bolt holding it. Then I was able to lift it up out of the way. Honestly the rear passenger is the only a-hole lol. Of course everything was smooth until I dropped/slid one spark plug of into the bottom of the motor����*♂️, the car gods where looking out for me kuz I was lucky it didn't fall and I was able to fish it out. You are awesome Evansa22 thank you again for helping a fellow camaro brother����
Old 04-09-2022, 07:26 PM   #6
17ss1LE

https://youtu.be/SErRFQspaZ4
This is the link that I found very helpful incase someone runs into this maintenance.
Old 04-09-2022, 11:12 PM   #7
Evansa22

Haha I know the feeling of dropping something down there, done it multiple times. I have 3 different size magnets and a 30" long grabbing tool now. Glad it worked out