Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #99
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I test drove a new 08 Mustang GT/CS once... The amount of issues that arose on that one test drive will make me never want to buy a new Mustang, unless it looks so amazing that I can't help myself.

I love ABM, but didn't want to put the effort into finding one in the beginning... If I don't like what I see in the future, I may got back and try to find a 10 ABM SS... I'd also love to have something similar to a Rally Green, or Fathom Green, yet all I'm offered is radioactive neon green... Not my cup of tea, but as mentioned previously, you can't please everybody.

Woops...I should have said Aqua Blue SS.

I already have my sweet ABM....so what I meant is if I didn't upgrade my car, or go with a 6th gen then I'd maybe try to seek out a good used ABM SS. But I'm sure you probably caught my little flub up there lol
Old 11-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #100
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
A direct answer to the OP's title "why in a hurry" is;
Cause the 2014 sucks thats why! It is the reason why so many stood still looked at it, shook there head, and still say to themselves "meh". It is impressionless for a camaro standard and far from the benchmark set before it arrival. And noo plastic up the back half of it hasnt "grown" on alot of us, and nooo the tailight debacle hasnt "grown on us in time" blah blah blah. Get it right next time GM and make someones heart skip a beat for gods sake, not the "it will grow on your crap" spare us the propaganda.

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #101
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
A direct answer to the OP's title "why in a hurry" is;
Cause the 2014 sucks thats why! It is the reason why so many stood still looked at it, shook there head, and still say to themselves "meh". It is impressionless for a camaro standard and far from the benchmark set before it arrival. And noo plastic up the back half of it hasnt "grown" on alot of us, and nooo the tailight debacle hasnt "grown on us in time" blah blah blah. Get it right next time GM and make someones heart skip a beat for gods sake, not the "it will grow on your crap" spare us the propaganda.
It grew on me. I'd take a '14 over a '10-'13. Especially a 1LE.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #102
RandyT

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Summit White
good question

i love my 5th Gen even though I'm looking at a 14 1LE.
I figure when it gets here it gets here no rush
RandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #103
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I am interested in seeing how GM will develop the car now that it has an appropriate foundation for a performance car. Lighter, more rigid and more advanced will all help the 6th gen be a beast of a car.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #104
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
It grew on me. I'd take a '14 over a '10-'13. Especially a 1LE.
...I gotta admit the '14 1LE looks awesome...
Old 11-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #105
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
So what you're saying is that a couple of warts is more than enough to overcome the goodness in everything that's right about the car? That you don't think you could ever get into the car and enjoy driving it without worrying about the parts you don't like.

If it matters any, your specific complaints are the same ones that people posted on the Mustang forums back when their 2010's came out. I didn't care for exactly the same things you mentioned not liking, but it wouldn't have stopped me from putting one on the short list if I'd have been in the market for a new car at the time. Really, they end up being somebody else's problem when I'm driving or parked in public, nobody's problem otherwise, and I could hardly care less either way. Same thing would apply to a 2014 1LE if I was shopping today.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #106
OldScoolCamaro

^...yeah, what Norm said....
Old 11-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #107
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
The Gen 6 ...They are bringing back the 88 IROC.. They got bored so that's the best they could do.. Who cares about gas mileage in a muscle car.. maybe a YOTA would be a better car for that

Why the slanted nose???? Aren't these supposed to look like 60s muscle cars or is the new trend 80s.. remember what happened to the 88 IROC and the Trans AM?? or are they just trying to copy European auto makers...

Give us more power for the same cost..

Men dont buy Camaros to get better gas mileage... OH.. and get rid of the new ugly front lights on the newer 14. The future slopped look is not working..

No I wont part with my Gen 5.. They already screwed up a cool car...
Just my 2 cents
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #108
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post
Who cares about gas mileage in a muscle car..
1. The government.

2. Anybody who'd rather drive theirs than let it sit there as an expensive driveway ornament while they drive some little penalty box on wheels instead. Or who would rather be able to go well over 300 highway miles on a tank than have to stop for a 15+ gallon fill every 175.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #109
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post
The Gen 6 ...They are bringing back the 88 IROC.. They got bored so that's the best they could do.. Who cares about gas mileage in a muscle car.. maybe a YOTA would be a better car for that

Why the slanted nose???? Aren't these supposed to look like 60s muscle cars or is the new trend 80s.. remember what happened to the 88 IROC and the Trans AM?? or are they just trying to copy European auto makers...

Give us more power for the same cost..

Men dont buy Camaros to get better gas mileage... OH.. and get rid of the new ugly front lights on the newer 14. The future slopped look is not working..

No I wont part with my Gen 5.. They already screwed up a cool car...
Just my 2 cents
...some kind of agenda goin' on with your post, rants and raves, subjective opinions based upon some unknown premise taken from who knows where...skewed...
Old 12-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #110
Camaronutt

Drives: 68 Camaro--2009 Corvette
I want the new Alpha platform--the one used in the Caddy ATS and CTS--lighter, stronger, better handling. Also want the LT1 from C7 Corvette--more power every where in the rev range than the present LS3. The sooner they bring out a new Camaro the better, especially with the up grades to the new Mustang!
Camaronutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #111
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaronutt View Post
I want the new Alpha platform--the one used in the Caddy ATS and CTS--lighter, stronger, better handling. Also want the LT1 from C7 Corvette--more power every where in the rev range than the present LS3. The sooner they bring out a new Camaro the better, especially with the up grades to the new Mustang!
I want GM to take their time and make the 6th gen. right. Lets see what the Mustang has and what it can do so GM can make any changes needed to top the Mustang.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #112
JacekPSUr1
2013 1SS in IOM

Drives: 2013 1SS
I think the 6th Gen will be pretty radical in order to compete with the new 2015 Stang.

Here is a photo between current model and the new Stang:

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation