Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 12-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
belalbelalbelal1

Drives: Camaro
What should I pay 2012 supercharged

There is a 2012 camaro 2SS black with a heritage grill, slp hood, black leather, kenwood deck, subwoofer in the back, borla axle backs and a Maggie supercharger. The asking price is $30k and it has 35,000 miles. I don't live near the car so I would have to drive out and buy it (4hr drive) so no test drive. What do you guys think? It's at a dealer. Below are a couple of pictures. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
belalbelalbelal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
Msmall143

Post a link to the for sale ad. To me I'd be cautious because the price is actually low for a dealer. Private party folks would be asking 29-30k or more.

Who did the work? My. Ig gets question would be who did the work, and when was it put on. I'd proceed with the assumption that every mile after that sc was put on was a hard driven mile.

There are some aftermarket rear end items as well

And just FYI... There is zero factory warranty on this car, no ifs and or buts about that.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
belalbelalbelal1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Post a link to the for sale ad. To me I'd be cautious because the price is actually low for a dealer. Private party folks would be asking 29-30k or more.

Who did the work? My. Ig gets question would be who did the work, and when was it put on. I'd proceed with the assumption that every mile after that sc was put on was a hard driven mile.

There are some aftermarket rear end items as well

And just FYI... There is zero factory warranty on this car, no ifs and or buts about that.

Let me know what you think of it.

http://m.mandfauto.com/#/vehicle/4827689

Old 12-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #4
Msmall143

Honestly it looks like a nice car. The previous owner put money into it and it would cost you much more to duplicate.

Assuming that supercharger was bought new and professionally installed that was 8k plus, the head unit conversion he did is common but costly, the sub he has in the back is a great brand which tells you he cared about quality. I can't identify the headers, but cat back is quality. He has deleted the cats, but you could always add them for a couple hundred

Heritage grill looks nice $200-400, he's also got something in the front slit in front of the hood scoop. I'm curious if those are lights or just a piece of plastic.

The ad does say 21 inch wheels and those are 20's, but personally you probably want the 20's over 21's with this hp.

I think the price is fair.

If you are serious see if the dealer can set up a phone call with the previous owner, or if he can at least see if the guy can tell you who did the work, when, at what mileage. Guys that are spending money on these types of costly mods typically keep records.

Also, for a car like this the interested party really does have the upper hand when negotiating with a dealership. A heavily modded car is much much harder for the dealership to sell and could sit there forever. I can also tell you they didn't pay much if anything more because it was modded. They likely paid less that a stock car because it's heavily modded.

Have you driven it? How's the car fax look.

If you get this car for 28-30k you'd still be able to get 25k easy in 2-3 years assuming you don't rack up a lot of miles. The value on this will start to drop quicker a over 60k miles or so.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Msmall143

Also, when you talk to the dealer see what they are willing to do in terms of throwing in a dealer powertrain warranty. Even if you can get 3-6 months and 10k miles it will help. Do not by any means fall for the "you're covered by gm, you don't need a dealer warranty". The gm powertrain warranty on this car is non existent,

If something's wrong with the car you'll find out within the first few thousand miles.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
belalbelalbelal1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Also, when you talk to the dealer see what they are willing to do in terms of throwing in a dealer powertrain warranty. Even if you can get 3-6 months and 10k miles it will help. Do not by any means fall for the "you're covered by gm, you don't need a dealer warranty". The gm powertrain warranty on this car is non existent,

If something's wrong with the car you'll find out within the first few thousand miles.

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it! I talked to them and they said they would take 29k. On the same website they have another black 2012 but it's all stock with only 4.5k miles and they are asking 31k. What so you think is a better buy. I like what he has put into the supercharged car and I know for what he has it's going to cost me more to put in on a stock car but the milage is higher than the stock one. My dad has a mechanic shop as well as a machine shop so I'm not worried to much about the motor down the road but of course I would want something that runs good for the money I spend.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
I wouldn't buy a supercharged car with 35k miles on it....too much to go wrong.
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post
I wouldn't buy a supercharged car with 35k miles on it....too much to go wrong.
Why and what...done right it's as reliable as stock.

You do realize hundreds of cars come straight from the manufacturers both supercharged and turbo charged including the zl1

Slp even warranties to 100k miles

Adding a supercharger doesn't increase risk of damage unless it's done aggressively or improperly
Old 12-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #9
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by belalbelalbelal1 View Post
Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it! I talked to them and they said they would take 29k. On the same website they have another black 2012 but it's all stock with only 4.5k miles and they are asking 31k. What so you think is a better buy. I like what he has put into the supercharged car and I know for what he has it's going to cost me more to put in on a stock car but the milage is higher than the stock one. My dad has a mechanic shop as well as a machine shop so I'm not worried to much about the motor down the road but of course I would want something that runs good for the money I spend.

It's really up to you and what your end vision is. If you want a sc car now....this is a good option.

If you want a stock car this wouldn't be a good option.

Most like to buy stock and mod on their own, but that is the most costly approach
Old 01-22-2014, 09:12 AM   #10
ronnied14

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Buy my 2012 45th SS LS3 supercharged by SLP, headers cam tune 2,330 miles. 37,500.00 and an extra set of Hurst wheels.
ronnied14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #11
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
I would go for it man. Very good price, i was in your same shoes in 2010. Bought my sc camaro for 32k with 13k miles on it but 85k miles later its still running strong

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #12
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
seems like a great deal to me!
Old 01-22-2014, 08:42 PM   #13
jacksoncoffeeco

Drives: 2010 Hennessey HPE650
The ad at the dealership website says SOLD. Did you buy it? Price was just okay but not great. If not, there will be many more deals to be had. Keep looking on ebay, this website, autotrader website, Dupont website and Atabuy website. I believe there are now over 500k 5th generation Camaros on the road with tons of them for sale. I would not have bought that car. Too many miles, lack of history of prior owners, buying it sight unseen, lack of knowing who did the mods, and price. If you want to buy a Camaro, keep looking at cars to get an idea on prices. When you find the right car, you'll know it and by then you will have a full understanding of prices and value. Good luck.
jacksoncoffeeco is offline   Reply With Quote