Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-03-2017, 08:03 AM   #71
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCSRT View Post
There's a reason for that, 3 of the 4 Camaro's I have tried to buy required warranty work before even leaving the lot.
In all seriousness.....Camaro leads its class of vehicle in JD Power problems per 100 vehicles for several years. Meanwhile, Jeep has had major recalls for their 8 and 9 speed ATs ever since they've launched them. Especially the 9AT in the Cherokee. And let's not forget the Jeep Grand Cherokee that had a malfunction of its 8-speed transmission that resulted in the death of actor Anton Yelchin.

Not sure what Jeep you're driving, but it is much more likely to have a quality problem or experience a recall than would be a Camaro.

http://www.rushchevrolet.com/blog-ch...-power-awards/

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/je...in-1201828785/
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:12 AM   #72
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cldgin2 View Post
Did my part for May!!

Great photo. Makes the Camaro look like a true hardtop without the "B" pillar.
Just the way GM should have made the 5th & 6th Gens. Also would have been
true to the concepts.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #73
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Unless they have 6-pistion brakes or the $2k rim upgrades, there is no way a 2SS coupe will sticker $50k.

I have every LPO and RPO option available (other than those) and mine didn't hit $50k. Look at my signature and add foot lights, floor mats, cargo net...

Also, if you can't knock $3k off the top, you aren't trying very hard.
Oh so I am lying? Read what I said: "pushing $50k".
Several are all $47-$48K.
Thanks for your contribution.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #74

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
All of the dealers in my area are bursting at the seams with loaded 2SS cars pushing $50k sticker prices. I don't see them moving any time without incentives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
Oh so I am lying? Read what I said: "pushing $50k".
Several are all $47-$48K.
Thanks for your contribution.
I read what you said. It reads the dealers are pushing to sell cars that have 50K sticker prices.....Pushing 50K doesn't mean they are lower than 50K, it could mean that is what the dealer is trying to push, 50K cars...

It's a common argument to falsely make the cars seem to be more expensive than what they are, and you accomplished that.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:47 PM   #75
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Great photo. Makes the Camaro look like a true hardtop without the "B" pillar.
Just the way GM should have made the 5th & 6th Gens. Also would have been
true to the concepts.
Yes this! I would be all in for a hardtop.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:49 PM   #76
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cldgin2 View Post
Did my part for May!!

Hardtop look in this photo, nice.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 03:04 PM   #77
ron scubadiver

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
I don't expect Camaro to outsell Mustang due to the price differential. There aren't many 6th gens here, but I saw a ton of rented convertible 1SS cars in Northern California. In Texas 1% of the cars traded in are V8 Mustangs. That's a bunch.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:55 AM   #78
VCSRT

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Yeah. Chevy calls it 1SS 1LE. The greatest performance bargain of all time. Just sayin'
Add an auto to this and there you go:
https://www.chapmanchevy.com/Phoenix...1SS-171244.htm

If GM wasn't retarded and actually listed whats on the window sticker, I would show you more cars, but I can't disprove they're not 1les.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
In all seriousness.....Camaro leads its class of vehicle in JD Power problems per 100 vehicles for several years. Meanwhile, Jeep has had major recalls for their 8 and 9 speed ATs ever since they've launched them. Especially the 9AT in the Cherokee. And let's not forget the Jeep Grand Cherokee that had a malfunction of its 8-speed transmission that resulted in the death of actor Anton Yelchin.

Not sure what Jeep you're driving, but it is much more likely to have a quality problem or experience a recall than would be a Camaro.

http://www.rushchevrolet.com/blog-ch...-power-awards/
Add an automatic to this and there you go, I would list other cars, however thanks to GM and being retarded they don't list the actual options.
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/je...in-1201828785/
I've beat my Wrangler for nearly 30k miles, my paint is in better condition than any 6th gen Camaro I have seen, and the only thing I have had to take it to the dealer for is you know, oil changes lol. You guys really are reaching.
VCSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:43 AM   #79
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:

If GM wasn't retarded and actually listed whats on the window sticker, I would show you more cars, but I can't disprove they're not 1les.

I've beat my Wrangler for nearly 30k miles, my paint is in better condition than any 6th gen Camaro I have seen, and the only thing I have had to take it to the dealer for is you know, oil changes lol. You guys really are reaching.
No, not reaching....just stating facts. The fact that more Jeeps have transmission problems is a documented and researchable fact. The fact that FCA is facing more airbag recalls than any brand except maybe Honda (thanks Takata) is a documented and researchable fact. It doesn't mean that every one of them is going to have a transmission problem. It does mean that it is more likely that a Jeep 8 or 9 speed will have a problem than just about any other 8 or 9 speed on the road.

Glad to hear you haven't had a problem, but then you do not have an 8 or 9 speed Jeep. You implied that you can't find a Camaro without problems. The folks at JD Power who have been auditing automobile quality for decades seem to find the Camaro to be just ducky. So who should I believe? Decades of credibility in studying vehicle quality as well as information I can research or a guy on the internet who happens to have one high quality Wrangler? Don't answer that.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 06-04-2017, 07:44 AM   #80
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Its easy enough to build a car to illustrate. Premium paint, stripes, premium wheels with A8, mag ride and NPP dual mode exhaust.

$43k but by no means a stripper and not $46k as you suggest. Remove mag ride and NPP and it drops to $40,460. Negotiate the price down from there.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #81
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:

What a second. You own a Jeep and you're complaining about the potential reliability of a Camaro. Seriously? I mean all jokes aside, are you for real? And who is reaching?

Jeep has been at the bottom of every reliability study from every company that collects data since the beginning of time. Simply put, they're garbage.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:25 PM   #82
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Its easy enough to build a car to illustrate. Premium paint, stripes, premium wheels with A8, mag ride and NPP dual mode exhaust.

$43k but by no means a stripper and not $46k as you suggest. Remove mag ride and NPP and it drops to $40,460. Negotiate the price down from there.
A Mustang that competes with the 1le on options and performance is what, high 50s and the 1le at 43 is a rip off. Hmmm
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:56 PM   #83
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
No, not reaching....just stating facts. The fact that more Jeeps have transmission problems is a documented and researchable fact. The fact that FCA is facing more airbag recalls than any brand except maybe Honda (thanks Takata) is a documented and researchable fact. It doesn't mean that every one of them is going to have a transmission problem. It does mean that it is more likely that a Jeep 8 or 9 speed will have a problem than just about any other 8 or 9 speed on the road.

Glad to hear you haven't had a problem, but then you do not have an 8 or 9 speed Jeep. You implied that you can't find a Camaro without problems. The folks at JD Power who have been auditing automobile quality for decades seem to find the Camaro to be just ducky. So who should I believe? Decades of credibility in studying vehicle quality as well as information I can research or a guy on the internet who happens to have one high quality Wrangler? Don't answer that.
Just be careful. JD Power does 2 surveys, IQS (Initial Quality Survey, first few months of ownership) and the VDS (Vehicle Dependability Survey, 3 years of ownership).

So yes, the 2013 Camaro is best for is segment http://www.jdpower.com/cars/study/20...porty-Car/1103 Soundly beating the #2 Mustang.

But the current car is far different from the Zeta based Camaro built in Oshawa (traditionally one of GM's highest ranked plants for quality).

So it's a bit premature to give the new car the old cars award for dependability.

FYI, here is the IQS for the 2016 Camaro http://www.jdpower.com/cars/Chevrole...#model_ratings

Where it still does quite well.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #84
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Just be careful. JD Power does 2 surveys, IQS (Initial Quality Survey, first few months of ownership) and the VDS (Vehicle Dependability Survey, 3 years of ownership).

So yes, the 2013 Camaro is best for is segment http://www.jdpower.com/cars/study/20...porty-Car/1103 Soundly beating the #2 Mustang.

But the current car is far different from the Zeta based Camaro built in Oshawa (traditionally one of GM's highest ranked plants for quality).

So it's a bit premature to give the new car the old cars award for dependability.

FYI, here is the IQS for the 2016 Camaro http://www.jdpower.com/cars/Chevrole...#model_ratings

Where it still does quite well.
Yes, I am very much aware of the two JDP surveys, via my many years working in GM Product Planning. I was only speaking of the IQS, since that is the only one applicable to the 2016. It is top of the mid-sports car class in IQS. As you have stated, VDS comes out a couple years from now, but it is looking to be consistent with the IQS.