Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-28-2024, 10:22 AM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
If you had to ask this question, then No leave it stock.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:49 AM   #16
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
650 factory horsepower. Leave it stock. Drive, maintain and enjoy.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:39 AM   #17
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Keep it stock. A ZL1 is already a heavily modded v8 SS (+200hp and +200ft-lbs for ~$100 per hp) with some other very nice upgrades.

Enjoy it as is. 650 ft-lbs is already more than most tires can handle, and you'll start running into compromises if you want tires to hook above that.

Rarely do mods make it better, and I've never heard of anyone getting any return on the investment. Most of the time the modded car is worse. Sometimes much worse.

And raise your hand if you want to deal with someone else's ragged out bad running headache locked behind a "proprietary" tune.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:49 AM   #18
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Keep it stock. A ZL1 is already a heavily modded v8 SS (+200hp and +200ft-lbs for ~$100 per hp) with some other very nice upgrades.

Enjoy it as is. 650 ft-lbs is already more than most tires can handle, and you'll start running into compromises if you want tires to hook above that.

Rarely do mods make it better, and I've never heard of anyone getting any return on the investment. Most of the time the modded car is worse. Sometimes much worse.

And raise your hand if you want to deal with someone else's ragged out bad running headache locked behind a "proprietary" tune.
Gunkk - With all due respect, I realize you've been around this forum a lot longer than I have. But, those are pretty direct statements you are making: 1) "Rarely do mods make it better..." and 2) "Most of the time the modded car is worse..." and 3) "bad running headache locked behind a "proprietary" tune..." My car has many mods and it runs awesome, no headaches on how it runs, at all. The only headaches came when I did a mod but didn't really know what I was doing and had a learning curve. Also, I'm not sure why you would consider a tune proprietary. Any one can tune a tuned car, even if it's a tune from another tuner. I started off with CSP tuning my car and then my mods go to a certain point where I then turned to Ted at JRE. I can still have my next tune done by any other tuner.
2023 ZL1 A10 - CSP 2" Long Tube Headers by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port/Polish w/Griptech 2.3" Upper | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Granatelli 0 Ohm Plug Wires | Katech Valve Covers w/Coil Relocation | FI Interchillers Blower Spacer Plates | Mighty Mouse Mild | JMS Flex Fuel Booster | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 305/285 | AEM w/b AFR | Banks iDash Data Monster | HPTuners MPVi3 Module and Licenses (ECU & CCM) | Remote Tuned by Ted at JRE
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:55 AM   #19
BunnyBoy

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post

Boomer/fud talk.

Each to their own.
BunnyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:01 PM   #20
Broooster

Drives: Sharkskin Metallic ZL1
Warranty or no warranty, that's what I ask myself. Considering I already had warranty work, it's stock for me until that warranty expires.
Broooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:02 PM   #21
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
This is awesomeness.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5-SbXr...u.be#searching
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 12:09 PM   #22
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Smoking19 that is AWESOME !!!! One day!!! I'll do a CAM, then it's to the MAX with everything else!

Probably end of this summer !
2023 ZL1 A10 - CSP 2" Long Tube Headers by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port/Polish w/Griptech 2.3" Upper | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Granatelli 0 Ohm Plug Wires | Katech Valve Covers w/Coil Relocation | FI Interchillers Blower Spacer Plates | Mighty Mouse Mild | JMS Flex Fuel Booster | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 305/285 | AEM w/b AFR | Banks iDash Data Monster | HPTuners MPVi3 Module and Licenses (ECU & CCM) | Remote Tuned by Ted at JRE
2023_ZL1-AUTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 08:54 AM   #23
spdkilz911

Drives: 23 ZL1 20 Jeep GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
I got caught up in the mod craze with my 2013 ZL1. It turned out to be an expensive nightmare and drastically reduced my enjoyment of the car. The experience left such a bad taste in my mouth I vowed to keep my 2017 stock and only do cosmetic mods. Short of a drop-in Green filter and removal of the rain/snow blocker my car is mechanically all stock. It has turned out to be 100% more enjoyable to own and drive than my ‘13 ever was.

It’s very easy to get caught up in the mod craze reading this forum but my advise is don’t go chasing HP for HP sake. The engineers did a great job designing the 6th gen ZL1. Enjoy the car for what it is and save the money for something else you’ll enjoy.
Your story sounds familiar. I seem to do this every time. This time I spent the extra for the ZL1 over the SS. Tinted the windows and installed blacked out side markers, done. Car is a rush to drive.