Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-28-2017, 01:16 PM   #1149
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackisback View Post
VERY subjective.

I personally think they are hideous. The front looks like a catfish (which is funny, since Ford fanboys used to give us a hard time for the 98-2002 "catfish" Camaro). The rear is not much better. To each their own.
I completely agree! Looks are 100% subjective.

I thought it was terrible at first myself, but when I saw it in person it just grew on me. Even though it looked JUST like a Fusion.

I really like the back, and the side profile. The front I could do without for sure, its the weak point in the design and the '18 is not better. Have not seen it in person though, so curious if that too grows on me.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:56 PM   #1150
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post

I thought it was terrible at first myself, but when I saw it in person it just grew on me. Even though it looked JUST like a Fusion.

I really like the back, and the side profile. The front I could do without for sure, its the weak point in the design and the '18 is not better. Have not seen it in person though, so curious if that too grows on me.
From the cowl back, Ford nailed it with the S550. I do prefer modern clean look of the SS interior and there is no denying this is also one sexy girl!
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:07 PM   #1151
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
The car mags can request a specific car configuration, and the manufacturers send them what they can. That doesn't always match up. The magazines get what the manufacturers send them, and often times it is not what was requested.

Just about everyone wants MotorTrend to do a H2H between the SS 1LE and the non-R GT350, but Ford won't send them a car for that. Wonder why?
This would be the ultimate match up and we know why. Another lost opportunity was when they sent a non-R to the C7 Z51 match. Knowing it would lose so protect the R. It would have been interesting to see how the R would have done

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-28-2017, 02:35 PM   #1152
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
This would be the ultimate match up and we know why. Another lost opportunity was when they sent a non-R to the C7 Z51 match. Knowing it would lose so protect the R. It would have been interesting to see how the R would have done
Typical Ford, scared! They were scared to allow a H2H for the Boss 302 and the 5th Gen 1LE too.

Seems Ford knows whats up, maybe their followers will slowly figure it out.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:38 PM   #1153
ST1LE

Quote:
From the cowl back, Ford nailed it with the S550. I do prefer modern clean look of the SS interior and there is no denying this is also one sexy girl!
Agree 100%!
Old 12-28-2017, 02:41 PM   #1154
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:

and I thought the Camaro rear looked terrible at 1st but it has grown on me. the Camaro looks good from the front and rear , but something is off at the C pillar for me. I could live with it, but its my least fav angle. we have a hyper blue 2ss on display at work...its a very nice car with a few well document flaws.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 02:59 PM   #1155
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
and I thought the Camaro rear looked terrible at 1st but it has grown on me. the Camaro looks good from the front and rear , but something is off at the C pillar for me. I could live with it, but its my least fav angle. we have a hyper blue 2ss on display at work...its a very nice car with a few well document flaws.
I still don't like the back of the new Camaro a great deal, I don't hate it at all, but don't love it like the S550 rear.

There is just something about it that just makes it look a little boxy and undefined. Failing to find the words to describe what I mean here, so apologies on that.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:33 PM   #1156
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
the mustang looks good from the rear,but horrible from the front.bought a 2015 camaro RS that i like much better.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #1157
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Just about everyone wants MotorTrend to do a H2H between the SS 1LE and the non-R GT350, but Ford won't send them a car for that. Wonder why?
I would absolutely love to see this comparison. It's amazing that even the lightning lap was only tested with the GT350R, and not the base GT350 model.
Quote:
Will have to see how much better the revised MT82 is though, and it will all come down to price in the end. The drivetrain is far superior on the M6 Camaro with its Tremec, not paying even close to SS prices for a S550 Mustang.

Hell, I wouldn't pay more than $50K for a GT350.....I just dont think the quality demands any higher price. PP2 is uselss with no coolers too, what's total buy in once those are added after market? The prices just don't line up with whats offered for MY18. The 1LE is track ready at mid 40's.......PP2 cant be had for less than what.......$50K, and STILL isnt track ready? WTF?
I drove the new GT with the revised MT82 and I have to commend Ford, it is absolutely butter smooth. I know many have found the previous revision to be notchy and problematic, this is not what I experienced.

As for PP2, they can be had for $46K MSRP, from there price drops depending on the dealer. Obviously for now it would be difficult to find any dealer willing to deal on a car that would be ordered for the spring, but I did see someone manager to order one for under $40K! Still, as you said, no coolers, wider more expensive tires that will cost more to replace and don't last as long, and of course no performance specs as of yet.

At this point the Mustang GT already costs as much as the Camaro SS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Looks are subjective. Not only to the eye, but in respect to colors and options. The base Mustang GT with it's 18" wheels in certain colors looks 'meh'. The PP with the wing in Crimson Red or Kona Blue is an absolute stunner. My beef with the looks of the Camaro is the rear. SS wing.. no bueno. Single tip exhausts... nope... Black blade spoiler and dual tip NPP, absolute hotness. Again, it's all opinion based.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 03:21 PM   #1158
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
I would absolutely love to see this comparison. It's amazing that even the lightning lap was only tested with the GT350R, and not the base GT350 model.

I drove the new GT with the revised MT82 and I have to commend Ford, it is absolutely butter smooth. I know many have found the previous revision to be notchy and problematic, this is not what I experienced.

As for PP2, they can be had for $46K MSRP, from there price drops depending on the dealer. Obviously for now it would be difficult to find any dealer willing to deal on a car that would be ordered for the spring, but I did see someone manager to order one for under $40K! Still, as you said, no coolers, wider more expensive tires that will cost more to replace and don't last as long, and of course no performance specs as of yet.

Looks are subjective. Not only to the eye, but in respect to colors and options. The base Mustang GT with it's 18" wheels in certain colors looks 'meh'. The PP with the wing in Crimson Red or Kona Blue is an absolute stunner. My beef with the looks of the Camaro is the rear. SS wing.. no bueno. Single tip exhausts... nope... Black blade spoiler and dual tip NPP, absolute hotness. Again, it's all opinion based.
Thanks for the feedback on the revised MT82, if thats the case I too will give it to Ford for managing to fix by revising and not replacing.

The PP2 price is a little high considering no coolers, but outside that it is right in line with 1SS 1LE pricing, so thats better than I thought. Really not sure what coolers installed would cost, but imagine a few thousand. VERY unfortunate packaging decision by Ford.

I finally saw my first 18 GT today. I was exiting the highway and saw it pass on my left so didn't catch a view at the front end. Magnetic PP with active exhaust. It looked GREAT with the tail lights and quad tips That new spoiler though . Spoiler delete has always been a must for me anyway as I think it just looks nice and clean, so all in all that is a moot point.

Will have to go test drive a PP with the revised MT and active exhaust one day.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:51 PM   #1159
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post

Yes sir. The blade spoiler is a must upgrade. My car was the first factory blade spoiler car thanks to Becky D.
Attached Images

Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-29-2017, 04:00 PM   #1160
ST1LE

Quote:
Yes sir. The blade spoiler is a must upgrade. My car was the first factory blade spoiler car thanks to Becky D.
Very nice!!! Is that painted to match the body color?
Old 12-29-2017, 04:18 PM   #1161
hotlap

Quote:
Very nice!!! Is that painted to match the body color?
Thanks and yes. When the blade is ordered on a non-1LE SS, you can get it body color or black.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #1162
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Thanks and yes. When the blade is ordered on a non-1LE SS, you can get it body color or black.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote