Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 12-28-2017, 10:38 AM   #1135
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
hotlap...out of curiosity can you post the slip from the pass in your signature?

disregard I found it... C&D managed 2mph more in 300' worse d/a.

Ford really should have sent that ringer over to C&D
For the record. I posted this to Jelena 18 months ago. Btw, that run was with 36 psi in the tires, no tire scrub and in sport mode. The SS A8 is so easy that anyone can drive it fast lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Mine runs 12.3 in 1100 DA with me holding a cheeseburger in my rights hand. I'm a crappy driver.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:41 AM   #1136
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
WTF when the SS and ZL1 dropped every test was an automatic...Ford puts the A10 in the GT and now nobody wants to test it LOL.

maybe R&T will come to the rescue...
The car mags can request a specific car configuration, and the manufacturers send them what they can. That doesn't always match up. The magazines get what the manufacturers send them, and often times it is not what was requested.

Just about everyone wants MotorTrend to do a H2H between the SS 1LE and the non-R GT350, but Ford won't send them a car for that. Wonder why?
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:41 AM   #1137
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
WTF when the SS and ZL1 dropped every test was an automatic...Ford puts the A10 in the GT and now nobody wants to test it LOL.

Well, maybe because even Edmunds couldn't get the A10 to go faster than the M6 SS...

Old 12-28-2017, 10:42 AM   #1138
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post

Just about everyone wants MotorTrend to do a H2H between the SS 1LE and the non-R GT350, but Ford won't send them a car for that. Wonder why?
Because they don't want the egg on their face....
Old 12-28-2017, 10:55 AM   #1139
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
I'm no Pro and I run on a crappy track.

Typical Furdboy tactic. Same thing you all did to Blaq
I post facts...you fall back on excuses...

"i'm no pro" "my track is crappy"

which pro drove C&D's car....on which track?
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:41 AM   #1140
hotlap

Quote:
I post facts...you fall back on excuses...

"i'm no pro" "my track is crappy"

which pro drove C&D's car....on which track?
Lol. I'm on record 18 months ago. Lol. 3,878 lb GT. Lol. Edmunds. Lol

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-28-2017, 11:57 AM   #1141
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Lol. I'm on record 18 months ago. Lol. 3,878 lb GT. Lol. Edmunds. Lol
That cant be true!
Old 12-28-2017, 12:21 PM   #1142
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
That cant be true!
But it is true. Now Furdboy wants to make it personal to deflect. Lol
Attached Images

Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-28-2017, 12:23 PM   #1143
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
hotlap...out of curiosity can you post the slip from the pass in your signature?
Out of curiosity could you post ANY slips? Can you post a pic of your GT?

Quote:
Mine runs 12.3 in 1100 DA with me holding a cheeseburger in my rights hand. I'm a crappy driver.
Wendy's?! Burger King? Come on bro we need details!!
Quote:

Edmunds just tested it and it did a 12.6...like some of us said it would.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #1144
ST1LE

Quote:
But it is true. Now Furdboy wants to make it personal to deflect. Lol
Yeah, I noticed his attempt to deflect from the conversation by trying to make it personal. A la SS Friendly. Best thing to do is ignore those types of posts, they will stop when they don't get attention.

I saw the weight the mag posted, but honestly thought something was wrong. Full tank of gas, passenger in the car, SOMETHING.

I can't believe the GT is so heavy! That's insane for a Gen 6 car.

Makes sense why the PP2 gets 305 Sport Cup 2's. S550 is still in 5th Gen Camaro Zeta stage, needing insane tire just like the Z28 did to compensate for poor chassis and insane weight.

What's funny, with all its shortcomings I still like the GT HAHAHAHA. I am not shocked it has killed it in sales. It is a really good looking car!

As a full package it is very attractive, and if not for the MT82, I would own one TBH. I don't care that its heavy, or slowest of the 3(maybe not anymore). I see why the masses don't care either; exterior looks are spectacular and the roomy interior is real nice too.

Lot's of reasons to like the Mustang, and the '18 really steps it up. They lost me on price and packaging, but who knows.....maybe a used '18 once prices plummet in the market.

Will have to see how much better the revised MT82 is though, and it will all come down to price in the end. The drivetrain is far superior on the M6 Camaro with its Tremec, not paying even close to SS prices for a S550 Mustang.

Hell, I wouldn't pay more than $50K for a GT350.....I just dont think the quality demands any higher price. PP2 is uselss with no coolers too, what's total buy in once those are added after market? The prices just don't line up with whats offered for MY18. The 1LE is track ready at mid 40's.......PP2 cant be had for less than what.......$50K, and STILL isnt track ready? WTF?

The '18 is the car they should have been selling this whole time, AT the MY '15-'17 prices.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:42 PM   #1145
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Cool Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike View Post
The 18's started to arrive at dealers here in south Louisiana over the past couple weeks. You should start seeing them any day now.
Got ya, thank's again.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:50 PM   #1146
hotlap

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed his attempt to deflect from the conversation by trying to make it personal. A la SS Friendly. Best thing to do is ignore those types of posts, they will stop when they don't get attention.

I saw the weight the mag posted, but honestly thought something was wrong. Full tank of gas, passenger in the car, SOMETHING.

I can't believe the GT is so heavy! That's insane for a Gen 6 car.

Makes sense why the PP2 gets 305 Sport Cup 2's. S550 is still in 5th Gen Camaro Zeta stage, needing insane tire just like the Z28 did to compensate for poor chassis and insane weight.

What's funny, with all its shortcomings I still like the GT HAHAHAHA. I am not shocked it has killed it in sales. It is a really good looking car!

As a full package it is very attractive, and if not for the MT82, I would own one TBH. I don't care that its heavy, or slowest of the 3(maybe not anymore). I see why the masses don't care either; exterior looks are spectacular and the roomy interior is real nice too.

Lot's of reasons to like the Mustang, and the '18 really steps it up. They lost me on price and packaging, but who knows.....maybe a used '18 once prices plummet in the market.

Will have to see how much better the revised MT82 is though, and it will all come down to price in the end. The drivetrain is far superior on the M6 Camaro with its Tremec, not paying even close to SS prices for a S550 Mustang.

Hell, I wouldn't pay more than $50K for a GT350.....I just dont think the quality demands any higher price. PP2 is uselss with no coolers too, what's total buy in once those are added after market? The prices just don't line up with whats offered for MY18. The 1LE is track ready at mid 40's.......PP2 cant be had for less than what.......$50K, and STILL isnt track ready? WTF?

The '18 is the car they should have been selling this whole time, AT the MY '15-'17 prices.
The S550 really is a good looking car and I understand every point you made. It’s like karma is now biting them all on the ass with every slam they made against the Camaro now coming back at them in the S550. The S550 really is on par with the old gen5 Zeta but at much higher prices

Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-28-2017, 01:03 PM   #1147
ST1LE

Quote:
The S550 really is a good looking car and I understand every point you made. It’s like karma is now biting them all on the ass with every slam they made against the Camaro now coming back at them in the S550. The S550 really is on par with the old gen5 Zeta but at much higher prices
Yeah, Ford really knocked it out the park from a styling perspective. VERY attractive car and pricing structure for '15-'17.

Exactly! It's sad how Ford had to take a step backwards to join the 21st century and finally add IRS, but I think very good things will come of it in the future generation.

How many Ford guys clowned in the Z28 for needing so much tire? Now, they can't wait for the Z28 mimicking PP2 to come out. Short memories serve them well!
Old 12-28-2017, 01:12 PM   #1148
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Exclamation

Quote:
Yeah, Ford really knocked it out the park from a styling perspective. VERY attractive car and pricing structure for '15-'17.

Exactly! It's sad how Ford had to take a step backwards to join the 21st century and finally add IRS, but I think very good things will come of it in the future generation.

How many Ford guys clowned in the Z28 for needing so much tire? Now, they can't wait for the Z28 mimicking PP2 to come out. Short memories serve them well!
VERY subjective.

I personally think they are hideous. The front looks like a catfish (which is funny, since Ford fanboys used to give us a hard time for the 98-2002 "catfish" Camaro). The rear is not much better. To each their own.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
jmackisback is offline   Reply With Quote