Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #393
Sol4rfl4re
Banned

Drives: Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
same reason you sold the 2013 Camaro you claimed was so awesome...maybe your that guy that just has to have the latest thing or you make bad decisions for no apparent reason, who knows.
Late life crisis.
Sol4rfl4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #394
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think at the end of the day we can all pretty much agree that this is going to happen.

1. The A10 and bump in power is going to put the Mustang closer to the Camaro in terms of straight line speed. Might be right there, might be slower, might be faster we don't know yet, but the A10 GT will close the gap some between the cars. m6 Cars should still be Camaro by a decent margin.

2. The SS will still hold the handling advantage, the SS 1LE will still easily outhandle the PP. The big unknown is the PP2, but I think most again agree that the Camaro will hold the performance advantage.

3. With the price being similar now, for the average buyer with no loyality it will most likely come down to tech, looks, interior and all that other subjective stuff.
1. Agreed.

2. PP2 should be interesting indeed. But yes, Camaro has always been less "for the masses" than Mustang, which allows for a more performance bias offering than a middle of the road one.

3. The price issue will make the '18MY one to watch, but unless the upcoming Camaro MCE comes with no price increase, it'll all go back to the status quo thereafter.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #395
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I think at the end of the day we can all pretty much agree that this is going to happen.

1. The A10 and bump in power is going to put the Mustang closer to the Camaro in terms of straight line speed. Might be right there, might be slower, might be faster we don't know yet, but the A10 GT will close the gap some between the cars. m6 Cars should still be Camaro by a decent margin.

2. The SS will still hold the handling advantage, the SS 1LE will still easily outhandle the PP. The big unknown is the PP2, but I think most again agree that the Camaro will hold the performance advantage.

3. With the price being similar now, for the average buyer with no loyality it will most likely come down to tech, looks, interior and all that other subjective stuff.
It will close the gap but I think the SS will still be faster in a straight line by more than a driver's race. Cornering will be the SS all day. The PP2 is an unknown. But I'm thinking the PP will try to match the standard SS while the PP2 will try to match the 1LE. The standard GT will just be the base model that will sell dirt cheap and will need a lot of help from the aftermarket. I think that unless the GT puts out some stellar performance numbers it won't be much of a deal in any trim. Where the PP2 will fall in pricing and what options it will have is anyone's guess. But if you build one that comes in at SS pricing I doubt it will offer as much tech and options.

Here is my thing with the Mustang. If Ford is actually gonna invest in the car instead of just throwing a beefier Coyote engine and A10 trans in it then it might be worthwhile. But it seems to me that the car is just gonna center around the engine and trans. If Ford can build a respectable GT that handles well and offers as much or close to the performance of the SS with good suspension components, brakes, an equivalent amount of options, and none of the issues that plagued the 15-17 then I will applaud them. But I think it's just gonna be a mid to high 12 sec car with a slightly different body (like the New Edge was), the A10, 460 hp, a fancy number 2 after PP, and that is all you're really gonna get.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:37 PM   #396
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post

one ofthe most stupid things i ever did was trade it for the mustang..many of my friends tried to stop me lol

i'm saving hard right now for another camaro...maybe another 2013 next spring..we'll see
I got into my 15 GT thinking it would be leaps and bounds above my 5th Gen Camaro in performance. And when I discovered everything I would have to do I became disheartened. I made attempts and started with bolt-ons. But then when I saw the limited suspension options available for the convertible I pretty much knew I wasn't gonna get the performance I wanted out of it without basically rebuilding the entire car. Which would have been fine if it was a base model. But when you want options AND want to make it fast and realize how much you're gonna pay for it and how much it'll depreciate...then it doesn't make sense to buy it.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #397
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
and the camaro is 13 000 usd more..
mustang is crap end of.

DONT BUY ONE PEEPS
and it looks already old, i saw last week a new gt350 and it looks like a normal car nothing special..

and now here a pic of the Facelift black accent package
Attached Images

chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #398
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I will say that I do like the way it looks. And I loved how mine looked after I added some changes to it.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:07 PM   #399
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I will say that I do like the way it looks. And I loved how mine looked after I added some changes to it.
Yeah, I think it looks great. Not sure what everyone is on about. I like the digital dash too (I wanted that when I was looking at getting an RS3).

I think they're heading in the right direction, but they are definitely playing catch-up at this point.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 11:38 AM   #400
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
Yeah, I think it looks great. Not sure what everyone is on about. I like the digital dash too (I wanted that when I was looking at getting an RS3).

I think they're heading in the right direction, but they are definitely playing catch-up at this point.
Agreed! I like the pre-face lift much more, but I dont think the new one is 'ugly'. I am waiting to see it in person before I decide. It wasn't until I started seeing the first S550's in person that I started to love the look the way I do.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:00 PM   #401
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I do like the new brake lights on the 18s. They make the 15-17s look "old"...and they weren't half bad at all. The new features like the digital dash also gives it an updated look. I will definitely go see one when they are out. If the 18s do have the performance to match the SS in a straight line and in cornering then I think that is what Ford should have done with the S550 in the first place instead of making it simply match the outgoing S197. But now that they are playing catch up Chevy doesn't really have to anything to the SS. They can just do a refresh and keep the performance the same until the next Generation is out.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:17 PM   #402
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I saw that the GT is getting the Shelby's Magneride suspension. And it is the same on the GT350 and GT350R but they are "tuning" it specifically for the GT. So I wonder if that means they are de-tuning it or if it will be less aggressive considering the Shelby will still be produced. I also tried to find info on the differences between the MRC on the 6th Gen SS, 5th Gen ZL1, 6th Gen ZL1, and the Vette but I couldn't get any info. I'm wondering if Ford will be able to make a comparable setup to the Chevy.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:27 AM   #403
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
I saw that the GT is getting the Shelby's Magneride suspension. And it is the same on the GT350 and GT350R but they are "tuning" it specifically for the GT. So I wonder if that means they are de-tuning it or if it will be less aggressive considering the Shelby will still be produced. I also tried to find info on the differences between the MRC on the 6th Gen SS, 5th Gen ZL1, 6th Gen ZL1, and the Vette but I couldn't get any info. I'm wondering if Ford will be able to make a comparable setup to the Chevy.
Sounds like they are(big shock) following in Chevy's footsteps. The SS 1LE comes with a more aggressively tuned MRC calibration than the standard SS. I do not think the GT350 will be sold much longer, I think they de-tuned the GT to be more street friendly, but I am just speculating. I imagine the PP2 will come with a more aggressive tune closer to the current GT350. Excited to see what they do with the '18. They left a lot on the table when they released the first S550 offerings, looking forward to seeing the performance improvements.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #404
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Interesting. I wonder is the specific tuning has more to do with the overall package not being as hardcore as the GT350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Sounds like they are(big shock) following in Chevy's footsteps. The SS 1LE comes with a more aggressively tuned MRC calibration than the standard SS. I do not think the GT350 will be sold much longer, I think they de-tuned the GT to be more street friendly, but I am just speculating. I imagine the PP2 will come with a more aggressive tune closer to the current GT350. Excited to see what they do with the '18. They left a lot on the table when they released the first S550 offerings, looking forward to seeing the performance improvements.
I think this is probably the last year for GT350
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:58 PM   #405
show7ime

Drives: 2017 1SS Summit White

I’m happy the Mustang is finally getting some much needed love from Ford. But, I can’t forgive the weak front end. Whale shark with hypno eyes anyone?

I honestly hope the weird sad appearance can be changed with replacing that hood... #justmy2cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
show7ime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:46 AM   #406
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
hideous looking front end..looks like the mondeo we have here in europe..
ford need to re-think the mustang..they need to drop the s550 asap and start to make a car to compete with the camaro..
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote