Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
13ZL1BLove

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Detailing

Hey guys and maybe gals lol. I'm from the south Chicagoland area. My boss and I are detailers on the side. We can do everything you can think of. In July we detailed my 2013 before a car show and it won best in show, and 1st in 1990-present day street machines. We washed the car, clay bar, finishing polish, ceramic anti-cling wax, followed by a paint coating. We used a metal polish on the wheels and tips and a glass polish for the windows. If anyone around here has a Z or any other car they want done let me know. We can go all out like we did on my car or a simple 1 step if you want that route. Here's some pictures of my Z when she was done. 13 hours of work.
Attached Images

13ZL1BLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
qniknam
Account Suspended

Drives: 13 ZL1 | 13 SRT GC | 13 SRT CHARGER
That's really nice, can you post what you use so the rest of us that aren't in your area can talk car of our cars.
qniknam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
boondocksaint
Cartoon Maus

Drives: White ZL1, Chevroyota Prizolla
Interested in any tips you have about washing/claying/polishing/waxing when the car has PPF applied.
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ZL1BLove View Post
Here's some pictures of my ZL1 after 13 hours of detailing.
Detailing, detailing, detailing. Everybody cleans the tail end. Doesn't anybody ever do any defronting and clean the front end?
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
2014CamaroZL1

Drives: 2014 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
Interested in any tips you have about washing/claying/polishing/waxing when the car has PPF applied.
No clay or polish.
Depending on the brand of film, hand applied wax is typically recommended.
I use the Eagle One wax-as-you-dry after washing the car.
Or you can use paste.
2014CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:05 AM   #6
13ZL1BLove

The first thing that we did is used just normal dawn dish soap because it's not as oily as regular car wash soap. We used a microfiber cleaning pad to get all the dirt, bugs, tar etc. off the car. Then we used an electric blower to dry the car off to keep from putting tiny scratches or swirls in the car from the roughness of the towel. Then once the car was cool to touch after sitting in my garage and drying completely off we started to clay. We used Pinnacle Ultra clay with Meguiars Quick Detailer as the lube. Do about 1-2sq ft at a time so the quick detailer doesn't dry on the car. Rub the clay until it almost wants to slide off the car itself and then wipe that area clean with an extremely soft microfiber cloth. Like a chinchilla cloth. Once the whole car is cleaned with clay and all the residue from the clay and quick detailer has been wiped off you can start to finishing polish. Finishing polish we also Meguiars brand it has a real high glossy mirror finish. We used an orbital buffer at 3500 rpms. Put 3 dots of finishing polish on a detailer pad and sweep quickly to apply the polish to about once again 1-2sq ft of area and then come back slowly but still moving buff on the polish until it's almost clear on the car. Then stop and wipe that area up. It should take out all the swirls and surface scratches if not, I would suggest using Meguiars detailing compound after claying. It's hand apply. Apply it all over the car by hand let it sit like wax and remove it with 2 microfibers. One to wipe up the compound and one to polish that area clean. Use the buffer on the whole car with the finishing polish and wipe the whole car clean after you are done and if you still have some swirls you can apply a few more coats no more then 3 to that area. Now that the car is finishing polished and should have no swirls and a mirror like finish you can apply a paint coating. The paint coating will allow the polish to stick to the car longer and will keep the paint from getting dull or swirled up and won't allow dirt to stick to the car do anti-static technology. We use Detailer Pro series's poly coat paint sealer. We used the buffer once again with a detailer pad at 3500 rpms to apply. Use the same steps as finishing polish when applying this. After that you can hand wax using detailer pro series ceramic coating wax high gloss effect. Apply like normal wax. This comes with a hand held microfiber pad for applying so you don't scratch your nice new work. Wipe off with a chinchilla microfiber (the softest microfiber you can buy). And your done. We used Ultimate Metal Polish on the wheels and exhaust tips. We also used the paint sealer on the wheels because I have the stock black zl1 wheels on my z and they are clear coated so it doesn't harm the wheels. Do this step by hand for the wheels. As for the exhaust tips, there is a foam applicator pad that you can buy to wipe and rub onto the tips to polish them up. The metal polish also works like a sealer as well because all you do to keep the tips clean is wipe them with a microfiber. Apply the metal polish every 3-5 washes to the tips and wheels to keep a sexy shine. Now the paint coating that you used on the car is good up to one year. To keep my Z clean I touch free wash my car. Drive it around to dry it off and then use Meguiars Quick Detailer to keep it shiny as a mirror. And the best part is that when you was it after all this, the water doesn't even want to stay on the car. Oh yeah we also used the buffer at 3500 with Detailer Pro Series glass polish and I don't even use my windshield washer blades anymore. Everything that we used can be purchased from autogeek.net. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have. And as for having PPF on your car. You can do everything that we did just keep the orbital buffer under 2000 to keep from lifting or burning the PPF. If it is a high quality film you are able to do everything to the car as a car without.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #7
13ZL1BLove

Pictures

Pictures are to big to get on here via phone so gotta do it 1x1
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2013, 02:10 AM   #8
13ZL1BLove

Pictures