Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #71
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
I don't know how anybody gets 29-30 mpg on the highway. I've tried resetting the fuel economy button once I am already at hw speed and it still doesn't go over 28 mpg and drops very quickly once I step on the accelerator. I live in a fairly populated suburban area and do about 70% hw/30% local driving breakdown. I can't seem to get the combo over 21.6 no matter what I do. So I've stopped worrying about it. It's not about the gas expense as much as it's just an egotistical thing. If others can do it, why can't I? If I start fretting about it, my next car will be a Volt or a Leaf.
If I could swing it i would trade in the camaro for a Tesla
Old 04-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #72
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
Personally, I could give a crap about gas mileage. Why i bought the SS,
Old 04-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #73
serialmike

Drives: Camaro 1ls
To all you with the V8. No one in this particular thread gives a shit why you bought a v8. This is a thread about why we bought v6. Its like a thread about why I like women and then you tell us about why you like the gays. Its off topic. Its rude and it's intolerant.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #74
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Sooo... OP's happiness with his V6 purchase is viewed as an attack by the SS owners here?

Knock it off ya crybabies, your tampon strings are showing.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #75
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
Dude!- 14 MPGs? Now I have gotta call BS!, try as I might, I CANNOT for the life of me get less than 21 MPGs with my Camaro, believe me I have tried to see just how low I could get by doing all kinds of things like a lot of stops and starts(jack rabbit starts) getting it to kick down by punching the gas, even tried driving aggressively in sport mode. Sounds like there is something wrong with your car if it is getting that kind of gas mileage, especially since it IS a V6. Good luck to ya.
My V6 regularly gets 15-16 mpg from daily driving to and from work. About 40 stoplights and getting stuck in traffic here and there, and mileage drops like a safe.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #76
serialmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Sooo... OP's happiness with his V6 purchase is viewed as an attack by the SS owners here?

Knock it off ya crybabies, your tampon strings are showing.

Read the thread and tell me v8 owners aren't being ignorant asses. You so big and strong callin us girls ooooooo. lol. sigh.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #77
Cruuzin LV

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
I just turned on the oven, what kind of cookies do you want?

That said, I got 33 MPG last week driving to visit my fiancee at work cruising. I have a picture if you need proof, but it isn't BS. The V6's can get good mileage.

I had a V8 in my Sierra before my Camaro. Miss my truck, would still be driving one today if gas wasn't such a killer. I decided I'd go back to a car and the Camaro was the ONLY thing I would've wanted since I considered one since the new model came out. I can stomach driving a V6 camaro spending 250 bucks a month on gas as opposed to spending 600 a month on gas in the V8 I had. Shoot, I make my payment AND pay for gas alone compared to what I was getting just paying in gas alone. These threads are just flamebait anyways, every time a V6 owner comes out and says they're happy with their car there are 10 V8 owners there ready to strike them down because they can't fathom that someone would buy a nice car and not race it or mod/rice it out like some of the crap you see on here.

I dont mod or race the crap out of my SS... because I dont need to since its faster than the majority of the cars on the road anyway. Not sure how much you are driving your car but I drive about 1000miles a month and spend about 200 a month in gas.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #78
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack View Post
Who the heck buys a Camaro for mileage? Go buy a Kia or Hyundia and leave the Camaro's for people who wanna drive em!
You do realize that without the sales of the V6 there would not be enough sales to keep the Camaro in production, and you wouldn't be driving one either.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #79
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I smell BS.

Palmer, I got on average 32 going from albany to dothan and back, so no bu##@%it.

But, my daily around albany is @ 19-20
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #80
Mac11wildcat
Banned

Drives: 2010
So the wind resistance from the fake mail slot really makes that much of a difference.....
Old 04-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #81
serialmike

If a v6 is driven like a normal driver would it easily makes its highway mpg. Not everyone lives in an overcrowded city. Here in delaware my car is on its second tank. 800 miles on the car and AVG 22 mpg on the first tank and the second tank. That is with beating on it a few times each tank. Not even broke in.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #82
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
It seems that some have good comments, and then there are the ones with small winkys that try to defend why they bought the V8.

It really doesent matter, they are the same car cept for a few more HP. Too many people try to make it like its the Blue and the Gray.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #83

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I would take high mpg claims with a grain of salt...That is, if they are way higher than the window-sticker city/highway numbers....I would think anything close, but not over, what it's rated at would be good...My experience, mpg is always lower than advertised....lol...
Old 04-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #84
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrisebo View Post
It seems that some have good comments, and then there are the ones with small winkys that try to defend why they bought the V8.

It really doesent matter, they are the same car cept for a few more HP. Too many people try to make it like its the Blue and the Gray.
Agreed. Let's keep it going though, at least for another few hours.

This is providing me with much needed entertainment at work.

Closed Thread