Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-19-2024, 01:27 PM   #15
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
I would try to get it done sooner than later. If it's wrong, and you're adjusting it constantly, it could break the motor or something else there again. I don't think you could mount the actuator wrong, the 3 holes only line up one way.

That I don't know. When I did mine, I did it by removing the dash and all that. I didn't do the hack.
What I mean is, I had in my mind where the door position should be to blow cool air, but I might've got that reversed. I guess maybe the answer to the question is, will the actuator move 360° or does it just operate 90° or so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulsSS View Post
Try this, start the car and warm up the engine then hold the rpms at 1500 or so. Does that even the heat side to side?
I'll try that. I did read somewhere about hotspots under the dash at various places through the venting) and when you're not moving, the air inside the car and under the dash, especially, gets pretty warm.
Old 01-19-2024, 03:45 PM   #16
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Took a weekend for me. I've taken the dash out before though. I put a HUD in that car and my Z/28 so I was no stranger to getting the dash out. That windshield bolt sucked. I cut it with a Dremel and it came right out. Just took a minute. I didn't realize that the box the blend door sits in was plastic welded shut. So I wanted to be careful with that so I could melt it shut again.
I had the new door in and ready to go in a day. The next day was putting it all back together.

I just saw that post about the aluminum blend door though....so that sucks lol. So I'll probably buy one of those shortly and have it eady for if it happens again. And one for the Z.
Overall, I'd do it again. And I'll do the Z/28 if it happens on that.
Nice. Appreciate the feedback

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 03:52 PM   #17
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Try this, start the car and warm up the engine then hold the rpms at 1500 or so. Does that even the heat side to side?
Same. Even if driving, cool left, warm right. It acts just like a broken blend door, only a little better range of hot/cold. Simply must be a calibration issue as to where the door swings.
Old 01-19-2024, 04:06 PM   #18
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
What I mean is, I had in my mind where the door position should be to blow cool air, but I might've got that reversed. I guess maybe the answer to the question is, will the actuator move 360° or does it just operate 90° or so?
No, if I remember correctly, it doesn't move the full 360. I'm pretty positive that it's a learning procedure. That's what it sounds like to me. Hopefully you know someone or have a decent shop that will just do it and not charge. It didn't take me but a minute. The longest part was waiting for the scanner to read the car lol
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 05:12 PM   #19
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
No, if I remember correctly, it doesn't move the full 360. I'm pretty positive that it's a learning procedure. That's what it sounds like to me. Hopefully you know someone or have a decent shop that will just do it and not charge. It didn't take me but a minute. The longest part was waiting for the scanner to read the car lol
Good data, that's what I believe I've read too. Thx. I might break down and throw myself at the mercy of a dealer. Of course, if they know it was a hack fix, they'll charge triple!

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 01-19-2024 at 05:24 PM.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 09:52 PM   #20
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
Try bleeding the hoses for the heater core? Maybe air bound where only half the core is circulating water? Or dirty core, maybe back flush the core by swapping the hoses at the water pump. This will cause the core to be flushed back without causing any big issues. See if it swaps heats side to side.

My subaru has a odd problem just like this but if i rev the engine or drive steady the pass side gets hot. I'm sure its a circulation problem but not worth my time to solve.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 07:33 AM   #21
Moto-Mojo

Quote:
Try bleeding the hoses for the heater core? Maybe air bound where only half the core is circulating water? Or dirty core, maybe back flush the core by swapping the hoses at the water pump. This will cause the core to be flushed back without causing any big issues. See if it swaps heats side to side.

My subaru has a odd problem just like this but if i rev the engine or drive steady the pass side gets hot. I'm sure its a circulation problem but not worth my time to solve.
That's where I am, not worth the time...now. It's January and blows plenty warm/hot. Everything was fine until the old door snapped. Only 37K miles, already one coolant change so I doubt it's that dirty. Calibration is the next thing this spring. Or sooner. Thx.