Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-29-2018, 10:07 AM   #2521
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
So... Anyone want to make a thread of Dodge and their wide body shit now or what LOL. Lets move on back to the refresh 94% "Don't like/Hate" ect. and move on.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:34 AM   #2522
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
So... Anyone want to make a thread of Dodge and their wide body shit now or what LOL. Lets move on back to the refresh 94% "Don't like/Hate" ect. and move on.
But why? The SS is a Dodge. Charger. 2016
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #2523
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
But why? The SS is a Dodge. Charger. 2016
Bang bang bang!
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:59 AM   #2524
Kobra_Klutch

Drives: Mountain Bike
I really like what they're doing with the Scatpack. I also read that it's going to have the "rear seat delete option" which I'm sure will be a big welcome to many enthusiasts. I hope the SS 1lE will sway me away from this new Scatpack, if not it's on.
Kobra_Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:28 AM   #2525
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I think the ricer wing and cannards on the ZL1 1LE look like crap but they make the car perform well, so they are a necessary evil.

The stick on Dodge fender flares are a band aid for a car designed with 245 series tires that now wants to have traction like the rest of the industry. Instead of updating the design they just tack on fender flares.
Lame.
Your opinion and that's fine. No one had an issues when GM did it with the gen5 Z/28. Infact people wanted to know if they add them to their's. Funny how its a cheap addon now that it's not on a Chevy. Lol

We really should have a seperate thread for this unless this is now the ugly car thread then I guess it fits the narrative for some folks.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:41 AM   #2526
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Your opinion and that's fine. No one had an issues when GM did it with the gen5 Z/28. Infact people wanted to know if they add them to their's. Funny how its a cheap addon now that it's not on a Chevy. Lol

We really should have a seperate thread for this unless this is now the ugly car thread then I guess it fits the narrative for some folks.
lol
To be honest I didn't pay much attention until the sixth gen came out, that's what got me interested in a Camaro.
I would have hated on them as well if they were the same looking flares.

I always thought the fifth gen was a little big and heavy, not Challenger big and heavy, but bigger than it needed to be.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:47 AM   #2527
motorhead

Quote:
lol
To be honest I didn't pay much attention until the sixth gen came out, that's what got me interested in a Camaro.
I would have hated on them as well if they were the same looking flares.

I always thought the fifth gen was a little big and heavy, not Challenger big and heavy, but bigger than it needed to be.

No doubt your car looks better. Love the gen6 1LE. They look like they want to eat you.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:32 PM   #2528
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
It’s interesting to see Dodge push the envelope with the Challenger. It’s unfortunate bad management has limited their resources but it’s amazing to see what the engineers can do on a shoe string budget.

It’s too bad we can’t get that drive at GM. Everything they do is in little boxes. The Camaro has a great foundation, but they don’t have the freedom to push the boundaries.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:25 PM   #2529
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

Mostly because the flares on the Z28 are subtle, not those god awful Liberty Walk-style "Dear god I'm retaining water!" things that are on the Hellcat. No doubt some people love them on the Camaro too, but they are largely (pun intended) ridiculous.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:33 PM   #2530
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
...not those god awful Liberty Walk-style "Dear god I'm retaining water!" things that are on the Hellcat.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:32 PM   #2531
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It’s interesting to see Dodge push the envelope with the Challenger. It’s unfortunate bad management has limited their resources but it’s amazing to see what the engineers can do on a shoe string budget.

It’s too bad we can’t get that drive at GM. Everything they do is in little boxes. The Camaro has a great foundation, but they don’t have the freedom to push the boundaries.
Ya mean a 1LE which is a true replica of a Vette GS with 2 extra seats, ZL1 which beats 350R hand down and ZL1 1LE which has posted the fastest ever Ring time of any GM car thus far is NOT pushing the boundries? Hmmm...
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:15 PM   #2532
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Mostly because the flares on the Z28 are subtle, not those god awful Liberty Walk-style "Dear god I'm retaining water!" things that are on the Hellcat. No doubt some people love them on the Camaro too, but they are largely (pun intended) ridiculous.
Flares are flares. Im sure if the same ones where on the Camaro everyone would be praising them as I understand brand loyalty and all even though it means little to me.

I love whqt they have done as I love the camaro too. Two very different approachs. It is a shame that they screwed up the looks of the 2019 SS. It looks a 1000x times worst than those flares on the widebodies to me.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:35 PM   #2533
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I agree. I’m OK with the idea of oval or tound tail lights (I liked the 2010-13 tail lights better than the 2014-15), but the execution makes the 2019 tail lights look like Chinese aftermarket versions. The current 2016-18 dark tail lights work better with the body lines and light cavity.

The none-SS front fascias are fine. The LT 1LE looks the best, for sure!
I agree about it not fitting the body lines that well, but it does make the car look a bit more unique/busy linking which is what GM wants out of this refresh.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:32 AM   #2534
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
The Dodge fender flares look like crap, they do the job, but they look like $19.⁹⁹ stick on crap from JC Whitney catalog.
Agree. They serve a purpose (fit wider tires in an ancient chassis) but look look like what they are... tacked on. They would look better if they didnt try to hide what they are. Own it! Make them black and use exposed hardware al a Trans Am race car.

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!