Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #85
Seer

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
I think the LT1 and Coyote are going to be neck and neck for awhile (depends on what ford does with it in the next mustang)....torque goes to bigger cubed LT1 but the Coyote is absolute beast..beast above 4k..Both great engines. IF Ford ever made a 6 liter coyote GM will be in deep shit for along time.
Think 6.2L from the Raptor, and the 4v coyote head... thats the rumor.

Theres also the voodoo 5.5L
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #86
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
on one road course, the Ford has been winning on a multitude of others, read a little bit.
read what ???
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #87
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Um yes. Are you aware cars in pretty much every other country have diesel powertrains? It's only North America that has this stupid aversion to diesel. Cruze Diesel is not only more powerful than its 1.4L counterpart, it's much more efficient. It'll exceed the EPA estimate barely trying.
I would have jumped all over a Cruze diesel when I bought mine in 2010. I just don't get why people don't want them.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #88
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
read what ???
something not written or published by GM or this site lol.

Z28... extremely impressive track car. ZL1 and 1LE are not really winning outright from what has been published by neutral media. It depends on the length of the track and how the turns are setup. Which is a fairly regular variable.

I'm on both sides.

Last edited by Seer; 11-22-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #89
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
I don't get it. Big Al slammed the 4 saying the Camaro is a Musclecar. So is he slamming all the V6 owners who didn't pony up for a V8? Also, the new Camaro, especially the ZL1 with the magic magnetic ride has shown it's more than a muscle car, it's a true sports car. I'm sorry, but this kind of narrow thinking could again lead to the demise of the Camaro. Go after the Germans all you want but if Ford and Chevy don't keep their halo coupes playing in the same arena how will they continue to push each other and together present American coupes as real global enthusiast cars? I like the Camaro, and the Vette, and new Caddy's and the amazing things GM engineers and designers do, but I worry that GM management has learned very little from the bailout.
I just wonder how many ppl would buy a 4 over a traditional 6. Yea, some bought just for looks but I couldn't see someone picking the mustang over the camaro just because it's a 4 cylinder. Could you?
Old 11-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #90
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
something not written or published by GM or this site lol.

Z28... extremely impressive track car. ZL1 and 1LE are not really winning outright from what has been published by neutral media. It depends on the length of the track and how the turns are setup. Which is a fairly regular variable.

I'm on both sides.
Where can I go to get this information?
Old 11-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #91
Seer

Quote:
Where can I go to get this information?
I'm not your librarian, I assume your google works just like mine does

If you omit manufacturer published data, you'll see your unbiased examples. As well as remove what this site and what Ford sites tell you.

But aiming this at a guy who's signature is "Chevy, nothing else matters" this maybe an uphill battle.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #92
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
I'm not your librarian, I assume your google works just like mine does

If you omit manufacturer published data, you'll see your unbiased examples. As well as remove what this site and what Ford sites tell you.

But aiming this at a guy who's signature is "Chevy, nothing else matters" this maybe an uphill battle.
LOL.... Good one! So, you're telling me that a current SS can never beat a current GT on a straight away. Well, stock for stock that is?
Old 11-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #93
Seer

Quote:
LOL.... Good one! So, you're telling me that a current SS can never beat a current GT on a straight away. Well stock for stock that is?
Equal drivers? The GT has it on power to weight, this is 100% proven. On average the GT 5.0 is a mid to high 12 car, the SS is typically mid to low 13's. Again, these are averages. I know for fact bone stock GT's have ran as fast as 12.1 (I've ran a 12.2 in one bone stock, down to the tires) and SS's around 12.7. But way to many variables, like DA, track prep, blah blah blah.

If I took you and put you in both cars the GT 5.0 will turn out a better time.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #94
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Equal drivers? The GT has it on power to weight, this is 100% proven. On average the GT 5.0 is a mid to high 12 car, the SS is typically mid to low 13's. Again, these are averages. I know for fact bone stock GT's have ran as fast as 12.1 (I've ran a 12.2 in one bone stock, down to the tires) and SS's around 12.7. But way to many variables, like DA, track prep, blah blah blah.

alright ! But you'll never have a Equal driver's race. I was asking where to look because everywhere media website that I visited said that the camaro 1LE wins vs. the Boss on track courses.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #95
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature

Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsusmithc2 View Post
I was starting to get nervous about there being a 4-cyl in the 6th gen but thought if it was at least a turbo it wouldn't be a complete tragedy. Good to hear it from Al that they're not planning on it though. There's enough people in here that hate on V6 owners without giving them reason to hate even more.

The V6 better be a TT though. I'm thinking I need to go SS this time anyway so I'm just hoping it'll be light and properly powerful.

There was an anti-government flame war and I missed it? Dang. Thanks for the cleanup Blur. Haters keep walkin'...
The new caddy is a TT v6 420hp. Motor trend loves it

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #96
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
alright ! But you'll never have a Equal driver's race. I was asking where to look because everywhere media website that I visited said that the camaro 1LE wins vs. the Boss on track courses.
Thought you were talking straightaways ( drag races), not road courses????
Quote:
LOL.... Good one! So, you're telling me that a current SS can never beat a current GT on a straight away. Well, stock for stock that is?
Old 11-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #97
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature

Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
Quote:

And that is on a drag strip. If you haven't noticed these cars can turn now too...we used to judge pony cars based on straight line performance but times have changed.

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #98
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Hurray for no 4 banger Camaro. But Boooooooo for eventual demise of 8 cyl. I already could not find a Chevy daily driver I wanted to buy & had to get a Nissan. Having driven a 4 cyl Cruze for a couple of years & just could not imagine myself driving a bigger car with that size engine, not to mention that there are no mid size coupes anymore. Now the Cruze is a diesel????????????? Really??????? NOT! I'm glad the trucks kept their big engines. A truck needs to be able to WORK HARD when it needs to. I am soooooooooooo glad we bought our Camaros when we did. I sure hope that there is hope for future Chevys I will get a permagrin for.

Hey Ruby, not bashing just not understanding...the new Malibu and especially the Impala are great cars and a diesel version of the Cruze is an awesome idea! I own a non diesel Cruze and they are a really great practical car for the money would have bought the diesel version if it were available because of the amount of driving I do 50 mpg's!!! What is the downside? The difference in the 4/V6/V8 debate for a muscle car is the sound, feel and function. If the new ecotec3 4.3L engine can do the job in a full size Silverado then so be it, I am very happy with direction that GM is going and I know that they know we love our V8's and they will be available as long we keep the powers that be aware that we are the consumers and they work for us we will be fine. (wow that last part could be said for politics too)
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 4 cylinder camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro forum, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 4 cylinder, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation, new camaro